Aaron

The Nei-Yeh

Manitou has been kind enough to begin posting the Nei-Yeh over in the Tao Teh Ching section of The Tao Bums Forum. For those who might not know, it's one of the oldest Taoists texts concerning Qi practices. If you're interested in Tai Chi or Qigong, it's really a great text to read. It will be posted by chapters for discussion.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

Hi all

Found it.

18 page Word Document. The link to this was posted at some point and I downloaded it.

PM if interested with email and I can email it out.

Craig

• Like 1

My translation is by someone named Shazi Daoren, a pseudonym perhaps?

I find it often more direct and better than the Harold Roth. However I only just began to compare the two today.

Wish I knew how to link to this original text so I could properly attribute it.

Also, there is commentary by the translator on all 26 verses.

Craig

Center, I just noticed that the leaf on your avatar is floating in the water.

How wonderful, and how very Tao.

Oh it is? I thought someone was holding it up, and the background is a forest which is out of focus, or something.

It's possible, but that fuzzy white orb behind the leaf looks more like a reflection to me - you can see a little bit of water wave, I think. If that's the case, how very perfect.....

On second thought, is it possible that the white orb is the reflection of the moon, and the shadows on the leaf are twigs in the moonlight? That being the case, you're drifting down the river of the Tao; what comes to mind is the vision of the master pointing at the moon when there is nothing left to say in verbal teachings, and nature then becomes the teacher.

Your inner self may have selected this avatar unbeknownst to your outer self.....

Edited by manitou

I think you want this one from Shazi Daoren.

http://huanglao.org/neiye.htm

I have read 2 Chapters of it in the Harold Roth version and gave my thought.

To not taint my observation I will comment and read first the Harold Roth version

and then later read the Daoren Version to get a more insight and get my conclusion.

Q

Thanks That's the one.

Maybe even more polished than when I picked it up.