Mal

Kunlun Book

So it seems that the Kunlun book is currently unavailable. I've still got my 1st edition, but I gave my copy of the 2nd one away and never got around to getting another copy :(

Anyone know the story here?

I'll take a gander and say that it was Chris who set up the deal with the publisher and that's just part of the minutiae that hasnt been straightened out yet. There was extra inventory of the other languages, that's why they're still available - if it was a "pull this material" thing, then the other languages would logically have been pulled also, so it seems to be just a matter of inventory and contracts and what not. Nothing of any real significance, just an interruption in the supply chain :)

Sifu Jenny's approach is focused more towards health

what do you base this opinion on?

from http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/10935-eastern-internal-arts-institute/page__st__16 Jenny says

Direct experience is the result of perseverance. To stick with one system is a wise choice. A good system, one door should open all doors.

I don't know the Kunlun book or what is taught at the seminars, I don't know the achievement of those who do Yi Gong, so for me it is hard to compare.

what do you base this opinion on?

from http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/10935-eastern-internal-arts-institute/page__st__16 Jenny says

I don't know the Kunlun book or what is taught at the seminars, I don't know the achievement of those who do Yi Gong, so for me it is hard to compare.

Her dvd which includes the spontaneous Yigong is called "Qigong for self healing" so that is her emphasis. She also says on her website

"Qigong, generally speaking, is for healing. There is subject, the healer, and object whom to be healed, and a method used to heal. Therefore, it is not non-dual. From an absolute point of view, there is no method that is non-dual. However, any method can lead to non-duality, if you know how. Some methods may be better than others but it purely depends on an individual."

So the Yigong is at the beginning meant for healing, but it is a good method to allow people to let go which leads to the spiritual or non dual. Whereas the Kunlun book emphasises more spiritual advancement and bliss from the beginning, but in reality both methods are the same and will have the same healing, clearing and spiritual effect on a person. I'd say the main difference is that Jenny does it for a shorter time, emphasises awareness more than max and has a sort of yoga/qigong routine to close down afterwards. Yet the Kunlun book is very useful to answer questions about the practice and put your mind at rest you are doing everything correctly, the combination of both is useful for those who have no access to a teacher like me. I wonder if Max would get pissed and I would get bad karma points if I shared the book.

Edited by Jetsun

So it seems that the Kunlun book is currently unavailable. I've still got my 1st edition, but I gave my copy of the 2nd one away and never got around to getting another copy :(

Anyone know the story here?

1st addition? are you talking about Pillars of Bliss? :lol: i still have that copy sitting on my shelf. seems like forever ago now. :)

EDIT:

JETSUN!

i just went back and re-read your entire post. the quote that you used was a bit off the mark, but your further explanation was solid. my bad. i didn't read it the whole way through and stopped shortly after i saw an unfair quote.

but i can see at the bottom that you are already responding, so maybe you'll see this retraction after the fact. but yeah, that was my mistake. ;)

Edited by Hundun

center, jetsun,

clearly you guys don't know enough about what you're talking about if you're trying to draw a line between the two approaches in a way that earns Max some kind of spiritual distinction apart from Sifu Jenny who taught him the practice.

to each their own, i say. but DON'T diminish Sifu Jenny's spiritual attainment as if she's just about health, or as if her take on yi gong is just about health. is Max's kunlun just about bliss?

That was not my intention at all, I was simply replying to a post confirming that Jenny STARTS by emphasising health as the first step, I was not saying this is ONLY what she is teaching rather this is what she stresses in the beginning for newcomers to her system. Whereas Max doesn't so much and emphasises other aspects. It was meant in no way to diminish her spiritual attainment, rather I think it is infact the most reasonable wise approach to build solid foundations before getting on to the higher stuff.

edit: ah ok Hundun no worries, the quote was taken out of context of a wider conversation so probably didn't fit properly :)

Edited by Jetsun

Jenny has recently said that she is now working with directly with certain celestial masters/teachers and moving away from her weekend workshops and more into healing work as guided by her celestial teachers. She is going to be speaking on this more in the future but it is a radical shift from her previous approach (she wouldnt even discuss celestial teachers with me a year ago) it seems she feels an urgency to help accelerate the healing and awakening process and is now more openly sharing teachings from the higher realms. This is one of the main reasons she released the new dvd (all of which is shared in her weekend workshops) so she can get these base practices out to people and teach less of these foundational weekend workshops. I think she is going to continue with retreats and is looking for 10 students to become certified in her system (2 year program) and she is expanding into other realms of healing and teaching. Exciting things on the horizon coming from her school.

I can validate this as I was sitting with her in seminar a couple of weekends ago. She was adamant to us that her qigong was about spiritual growth and that good health was a side effect. You must look deeper in awareness.

love her...

s

1st edition?

are you talking about Pillars of Bliss? :lol: i still have that copy sitting on my shelf. seems like forever ago now. :)

Yep that's the one. I almost gave it away as the 2nd edition had those extra practices and the color photo's; which made the field of sunflowers rather beautiful (didn't even notice the sunflowers previously :lol:) But I'm glad I kept it as I really like the little "Pillars of Bliss" book.

And thanks for the info Joeblast, I'm sure I'll be able to get another copy eventually if that's how things work out :)

Forgive me for bumping this but I have been wanting to start with Kunlun for awhile but dont have the book or the money to make it to one of Max's seminars. Has anyone heard how much longer it will be for the book to come out? Does anyone what practices the new book will include? Im more for learning from the original book but that ship seems to of sailed lol. Any info would be great.

Last I heard they were hoping for a December release date for the new book, but as far as I know that's not set in stone.

I bought a French version of the current edition, with glossy colored images... I figured out before reading it completely that this is not my cup of tea ie. practice. If somebody is interested in it, I was willing to give it away against coverage of my expenses which are about USD 25 plus shipping (from Switzerland, I would have to figure that out, maybe it could be sent as letter mail).

Last I heard they were hoping for a December release date for the new book, but as far as I know that's not set in stone.

Sorry to resurrect a relatively old thread, but where would one find out more? Couldn't even find a second-hand copy of the old ones on ebay. :-\

Ok.. I have been waiting for the new Kunlun Book to come out for a long time since I cant find or borrow and old copy. I dont mean to sound impatient but the first release of the new book was suppose to be Nov, then it switched to Dec. Its now almost May and I still haven't seen the book. Does anyone have any information on the subject or maybe an old copy I can borrow? I would really appreciate it. Im saving up money to go to a seminar but that is going rather slowly for the time being. I would like to start some practices so Im not completely clueless when I go. If anyone can help, Id greatly appreciate it.

Ok.. I have been waiting for the new Kunlun Book to come out for a long time since I cant find or borrow and old copy. I dont mean to sound impatient but the first release of the new book was suppose to be Nov, then it switched to Dec. Its now almost May and I still haven't seen the book. Does anyone have any information on the subject or maybe an old copy I can borrow? I would really appreciate it. Im saving up money to go to a seminar but that is going rather slowly for the time being. I would like to start some practices so Im not completely clueless when I go. If anyone can help, Id greatly appreciate it.

Well, when I went to the seminar last month, they were making rumblings about it coming out this month...but obviously that doesn't seem to be happening so far.

I'm really looking forward to the new book too, but unfortunately it's hard to say when it might be released given how often the date's been pushed back.

I will say that going to the seminar completely clueless isn't necessarily a bad thing. I knew very little about the system when I attended, and I don't think I was any worse off for it.

Well, when I went to the seminar last month, they were making rumblings about it coming out this month...but obviously that doesn't seem to be happening so far.

I'm really looking forward to the new book too, but unfortunately it's hard to say when it might be released given how often the date's been pushed back.

I will say that going to the seminar completely clueless isn't necessarily a bad thing. I knew very little about the system when I attended, and I don't think I was any worse off for it.

Its not so much the seminar thing. I just cant afford it yet due to being on an extremely tight budget. Like, I said, Im saving money but it is going very slowly :( If I had the book, then I could at least practice now instead of sitting here and wishing I could start practicing. Just cant seem to get my hands on a book.

Its not so much the seminar thing. I just cant afford it yet due to being on an extremely tight budget. Like, I said, Im saving money but it is going very slowly :( If I had the book, then I could at least practice now instead of sitting here and wishing I could start practicing. Just cant seem to get my hands on a book.

I understand how that goes. :(

If you're itching for something to do, might I suggest looking into Bruce Frantzis' material? He also teaches a water path, and his longevity breathing would be a good foundation to help prepare for your Kunlun practice when you're able to start it. Since it's a water path, it shouldn't be a big deal to transition to Kunlun when you're ready and it'd give you something to do while you're saving up.

Also, to help cut down on costs for travel/hotel expenses, you might consider looking into doing a Skype session with Max. He recently started offering those, and it would be a more cost-effective option than waiting for and traveling to a seminar.

Edit: Also, ralis says he has a copy of the old book. You might consider PMing him to inquire further.

Edited by Cat Pillar
  • Like 1

I understand how that goes. :(

If you're itching for something to do, might I suggest looking into Bruce Frantzis' material? He also teaches a water path, and his longevity breathing would be a good foundation to help prepare for your Kunlun practice when you're able to start it. Since it's a water path, it shouldn't be a big deal to transition to Kunlun when you're ready and it'd give you something to do while you're saving up.

Also, to help cut down on costs for travel/hotel expenses, you might consider looking into doing a Skype session with Max. He recently started offering those, and it would be a more cost-effective option than waiting for and traveling to a seminar.

Edit: Also, ralis says he has a copy of the old book. You might consider PMing him to inquire further.

I have one of his books on order now. Should be here tomorrow or something. I appreciate your input and advice. I will try the skype thing but I am more of a face to face type person. Thanks again for your help.