Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

photo essay of bad karma, good karma

Here's a pic that represents my youthful indiscretions - making major $$$ while helping to bring an end to the Bering Sea cod fishery. Massive bad karma flow. 8950879_051ba8bb37.jpg

Next, throw in a set of these, but instead of working up, go ahead and manhandle that mofo 45 pounder because after all, out-impressing each other at the gym is the goal, right? kettlebell-single.gif

Next, marry your college sweetheart, because she's smart, hot, & works at a hospital; major karma koupons.

Next, replace that old shoulder with a new one! The procedure costs about $10,000 on average. My out-of-pocket expense? $100 co-pay at Kaiser Hospital; more evidence that I haven't used up my good karma entirely.shoulder_arthroplasty_artificial03.jpg

Next, kick back with Netflix, Vicodin and a new shoulder!9fb179b8.jpg

I've been taking a horsetail/schizandra mix for about 8 months or so and my surgeon confirmed that my bone density is very high. It's the silica in the horsetail, evidently. She had to hollow out the top end of the humerus and plug that new stem in, and I guess I qualify for those special TSA inspections now.

I'm still running my energy according to Bruce Frantzis' roadmap in "Energy Gates" and the only difference is that the practice hurts when I run through the affected area,which is obviously a good thing. My major concern was what the vicodin would do to my chi flow, but going into my fourth year of nei kung, it's still palpable enough to withstand solvent-like quality of vicodin. GAWD, I love this drug!

Thanks to Ya Mu, Stig, Taomeow, Trunk, Eternal Student, and TheSongs for helping me get this far!

You give them money, you get a new shoulder. Thats win-win right there.

Kill an animal for money, you can use that money to save somebody's life. Bad karma, however, is internal. Replace an old shoulder, you still have the bad karma/bad habbit of not being more caring or nurturing as person, either toward yourself or others.

I've heard once that the diffrence between a hero and warrior is that the hero dies and the warrior knows his limits. Thats why the courage of a boy is a sign that he is ready to be initiated trough death and rebirth so that he may recognize his own limits and become an individual. Living close to that identity, expanding his limits with dedication, discipline and patience.

Emazing that they replaced your entire shoulder skelet. Does it have advantages, because of its strong material?

Sign in to follow this