TaoIsTruth

The location of Second Mind

I've read two sources from internet.

The first source said that Solar Plexus is the second brain according to Taoism Theory.

But on the second source, it said that The second mind is located on the center of the two nipples.

These are two different locations, which one is true ?

Here are the two sources I read:

hxxp://www.albanyqigong.com/images/solar_plexus_ex.pdf

and

hxxp://www.universal-tao.com/article/three_minds.html

Note : (change the "xx" to "tt")

Hi TaoIsTruth,

The funny thing with Chakras and Dantians is that they do not correspond one-to-one to any body part or "physical body geography". In some chakra systems (of typically 5 chakras or more), the two you describe are separate chakras, yet in the dantian system there are three - the one you talk about is the middle one - both are valid, subject what you want to achieve:

If you're trying to achieve things of spiritual nature I recommend focus on the are the breast bone (lower part, i.e. between the nipples as you suggest). If on the other hand, you are trying to locate the center of your torso, probably aiming a bit lower gets you to the solar plexus.

In terms of anatomical layout you have the body of the breast bone, then the xiphoid process and finally, the solar plexus. So, until you find a reason to focus more north or south, you could consider focusing on the middle, where they meet (the xiphoid process)

Wow, thanks for your explanation... :)

When I meditate on the upper part ( between the nipples ), I found that I can neutralize worries, fear and many other negative emotions, and fill it with faith and peace.

When I meditate I inhale through nose and exhale through mouth, I find the breathing rhythm that makes me feel most relaxed,I focus my mind on the breath. But there are some occasions when I try to switch my mind to feel my body and when I switch that state of mind and inhale I feel like the whole parts of my body become one, this happens when I inhale and I feel that the solar plexus expands, but the first time I experience this I was frightened and stop meditating... Is this experience good or bad ?

Please give me some advice or your personal thoughts on this because I don't have a teacher to guide me...

• Like 1

I frequently meditate on my wife's nipples, but that's another story.

http://www.amazon.com/Second-Brain-Scientific-Groundbreaking-Understanding/dp/0060182520/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298230813&sr=1-2

"The Second Brain" has an amazing amount of pertinence to us internal alchemists, although I'm of the opinion that a strong background in anatomy and physio helps with practice, while some have sound reasons for not holding that view (remember our poll?) The book was written for sufferers of digestive disorders, but it's not only for that audience.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for your explanation... :)

When I meditate on the upper part ( between the nipples ), I found that I can neutralize worries, fear and many other negative emotions, and fill it with faith and peace.

When I meditate I inhale through nose and exhale through mouth, I find the breathing rhythm that makes me feel most relaxed,I focus my mind on the breath. But there are some occasions when I try to switch my mind to feel my body and when I switch that state of mind and inhale I feel like the whole parts of my body become one, this happens when I inhale and I feel that the solar plexus expands, but the first time I experience this I was frightened and stop meditating... Is this experience good or bad ?

Please give me some advice or your personal thoughts on this because I don't have a teacher to guide me...

Hi TaoIsTruth,

I can only give you some general advice: I am of the firm belief that only you can be your own judge of what is good for you and not. When uncertain, take a step back and think about it again. Proceed only when you feel comfortable and ready.

I think it sounds like you already figured this out on your own, though: I can only encourage you to keep that up (i.e. questioning, pondering, experimenting, regrouping, etc.)

Happy searching :)

http://www.amazon.com/Second-Brain-Scientific-Groundbreaking-Understanding/dp/0060182520/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298230813&sr=1-2

"The Second Brain" has an amazing amount of pertinence to us internal alchemists, although I'm of the opinion that a strong background in anatomy and physio helps with practice, while some have sound reasons for not holding that view (remember our poll?) The book was written for sufferers of digestive disorders, but it's not only for that audience.

Blasto dude, yer a blast :D Make sure you get to Canada before...ahhhh too late :-p

As far as I've read/figured/practiced/whatever'd. There is NO "second" or "third" or "4th" mind whatsoever.

The entire body is a neuro-network :-) I guess the one "one" might call "mind" is the one one might listen to the most :-) Personally, I'm practicing listening to my gut. (that could/might be LDT)

But IME, my gut also likes the input from my heart and my so-called "rational" brain - of which I recently dicovered there are not one but TWO hemispheres, plus the deeper mid-brain and the lizard-brain and the mirror-neurons and the...do you see where I'm going with this???

Exactly nowhere. :glare::D

• Like 1

Hi TaoIsTruth,

I can only give you some general advice: I am of the firm belief that only you can be your own judge of what is good for you and not. When uncertain, take a step back and think about it again. Proceed only when you feel comfortable and ready.

I think it sounds like you already figured this out on your own, though: I can only encourage you to keep that up (i.e. questioning, pondering, experimenting, regrouping, etc.)

Happy searching :)

Thanks for your kind advice... I'll keep in mind what you say about questioning, pondering, experimenting, and regrouping... btw I hope I can find some taoist meditation method to follow as my guide...

Thanks for the info about the book, I think I plan to buy it... :) It explains the topic from a scientific perspective and It will surely add values to my journey

As for the documentation purpose, I still do this type of meditation beside my more routine reverse breathing exercise. When my whole body become one, It feels like very soft vibrations at first around the whole body and then I feel all my body becomes united, no more separation of hands, feet, all is one.

One time I feel like I'm looking in my mind small round light, but I think I'm not ready to concentrate more on that.

But when I become obsessed to achieve the same sensations, I usually fail. This experience only happens when I breath very relaxed, and then I start to sense my whole body, that when the experience starts to happen.

My intention of sharing is to know if there's someone else who happen to experience the same thing, so that we can share. Oh yes, the experience only happens when I meditate with palms covering on top of my knees.