Sign in to follow this  
Everything

If you were immortal

If you could feel all the pain and hunger.

All the fear and anger.

If you would never die from any of these.

You would be immortal...

If you were to become immortal, right here and now, what would you do?

Write it.

Hoo ha!

I'd be doing what I love to do now: make love to a beautiful woman, hammer steel, drink my fill, run white water, and eat gourmet. Oh right, I meditate every morning and write down my dreams and make a little trouble just to keep the adrenaline up...66 years and counting down on immortality.

• Like 1

Travel the world as a healer and teacher to those who wanted to explore their potential. Or perhaps I'd found a spiritual group and act as it's protector/healer and let the people reach out to others who wished to join.

-Astral

Whenever I think of immortality two things come to mind, the book, "Tuck Everlasting" which had a profound impact on me as a child, and the song by Queen, "Who wants to Live Forever". I wonder sometimes why people want to be immortal, what the real meaning behind it is, if not just a fear of dieing. Death gives our lives meaning (in my opinion). The finiteness of our lives allows us to appreciate this life we're living now.

Immortality for me is a given, even with all that said, but it's a different form of immortality, it's the knowledge that even after this body has decayed I will go on, even if it's not as the ego-self/person I am now, but rather something else.

So I guess what I would do is exist as I will exist.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Right here and now, I AM immortal, so I guess I'd be posting on TTB :lol:

"At some time in your life the following statement will be true -

Tomorrow, I am going to die."

How to live safely in a science fiction universe - Charles Yu

Right here and now, I AM immortal, so I guess I'd be posting on TTB :lol:

there are several levels of immortals.. infinite levels actually..

when you get to become a level 1 immortal, you will definitely wanna progress to level 2 .. and when you are level 2, you will want to progress to level 3..

enlightenment is a never-ending road..

• Like 1

there are several levels of immortals.. infinite levels actually..

when you get to become a level 1 immortal, you will definitely wanna progress to level 2 .. and when you are level 2, you will want to progress to level 3..

enlightenment is a never-ending road..

...and one can only assume that the levels are defined more or less arbitrarily by some computer game type of immortal who knows what levels are all about :lol:

Hi Everything,

If you asking whether the body might live forever - which I doubt you are asking - then I find that I am not this body in any way and so it is not worth thinking about it living forever. I am also not this mind - it is just the registrar of perception of up welling of causes and conditions from beginning-less time and innumerable universes. I don't find that there is a soul with an independent inherent existence either. However, what I do find in direct and also in intuitive experience, is an aware beingness which is alive as a kind of knowing-being and which has never been born and which will never die. In that way, there is a kind of immortality. How would my life be any different in knowing this? Hopefully not different at all because I find that it is in everyday life that there is this knowing as being presence. I don't have to change a thing for this to be the underlying truth of life itself. It is just not a special spiritual thing and yet it is a never ending unfolding of phenomena to be appreciated - even cherished.

This is very briefly one Buddhist's view ( with considerable Taoist influence) of the misleading mental concepts of life and death and of the recognition of inexpressible presence as life just as it is. Even stardust is subject to change from unfathomable causes and conditions and because of that, it does not have any inherent existence that lives forever. This body of "mine" is stardust and is the energy of deep space as well. There is no real separation. I find that looking "out there" for clues to immortality is looking in the wrong direction. It is undivided consciousness itself that is unborn and so does not die and which holds all the ten thousand things before they are born into a divided everyday mind - as the Yin/Yang of perception.

I do feel all the pain and hunger.

All the fear and anger.

I do not ever die from any of these.

And neither, I am sure, does anyone else.

Suffering any of this is entirely optional.

Thanks and take care!

Edited by 2netis

Well, appart from 2netis, most of you guys are not immortal.

So you would do well to contemplate what fears you are willing to face when death did not play a role in everyday life. What sadness you are willing to let go of when an eternal life is your fate.

Then decide yourself if you can do those while living aswell.

Well, appart from 2netis, most of you guys are not immortal.

So you would do well to contemplate what fears you are willing to face when death did not play a role in everyday life. What sadness you are willing to let go of when an eternal life is your fate.

Then decide yourself if you can do those while living aswell.

Hello Everything,

First, you apparently didn't read all the posts, or you would've noticed that this issue was addressed. Second you may be interested in learning more about the reason why people feel fear. There is a woman who feels no fear, she suffered an illness that damaged her brain and now she incapable of feeling fear. The problem is that the woman tends to do things that are dangerous without realizing it. Fear has a purpose, it's part of our original nature. Also you're talking in the past tense, which strikes me as odd. You're previous posts regarding turning back time lends me to believe that you are suffering from some regret. Regret often leads us to ponder the meaning of our existence and also what the future holds for us.

What I would suggest is that, in this particular case, it might be better for you to examine the fears that are causing you to worry about these things. In particular why, after reaching enlightenment, you now seem to be preoccupied with immortality and changing things that have happened?

I don't fear death, believe it or not. I have a very good idea of what death is and I've come to terms with it. Do I still fear things? Yes. I wont put my hands in a fire, because I don't want to get burnt. I look both ways before crossing the street because I'm afraid of getting hit by a car. I'm careful when I chop vegetables because I don't want to get cut. I'm careful when I talk to others because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

Fear is necessary in order for us to interact with the world safely. It's not strictly linked to death, but also fear of physical pain, emotional suffering, and numerous other things. An enlightened person understands the nature of fear and does not deny it, but accepts it for what it is, and by accepting it, transcends it's limitations. Most of all, an enlightened person does not say, "Well, appart from 2netis, most of you guys are not immortal."

Aaron

Go back to school. Get a whole bunch of false credibility, make breakthroughs, help society, give back to the community.

Maybe every week or two, go on a retreat of my own for a couple weeks.

So basically the degrees and such would enable what a person wants to do = Help

I'd save a bunch of money, so every 100 years or so I could bribe some people to change the information on my papers. Or maybe make new ones lol.

Then getting those degrees again would be pretty easy, knowing all the subjects.

Maybe after a couple hundred years get a student.

But man it'd be hard to keep track of time.

Edited by NeiChuan

First off i'd get a big sword for protection from this guy

highlander.jpg

Edited by Jetsun

I'd follow my heart...even if it meant I'd die one day, and not live forever. Seems pretty obvious that it'll happen. :lol:

Would also do things to remain calm and balanced, living a simple life, and not let society get to me too much. There is a lot of fear coming from everyone...makes me fearful too!

At least personally, I want to make music and share it...with whoever likes what I make.

Just get back to doing things that are enjoyable in the moment.

If you could feel all the pain and hunger.

All the fear and anger.

If you would never die from any of these.

You would be immortal...

Write it.

You put conditions on my "immortality". I didn't know it came with a catch, dude.

I already "feel all the pain and hunger.

All the fear and anger."

It's enough to make me want to die.

However, seems there's also some other stuff goin down (don't make me post the video ^_^)

So I guess I'm hanging around for the latter. :)

Yo man, no more lounge!

So have to post it here

And here

Edited by Kate

Why would/is there a difference in thinking/action predicated upon this mystical achievement termed "immortality" ?

;)

Well, technically Mal, you realise that "you" are not immortal at all :)

BUT, that you are and you're both of the latter, at the same time. But "you're" not a driveway nor a cat nor a backyard. Not that I'll use the condensed milk analogy again, but I'll use the condensed milk analogy again :P

I'm not sure this line of thinking changes my actions though...which is really silly. I guess I ought to, but...

Edited: typos, sorry!

Edited by Kate

Hello Everything,

First, you apparently didn't read all the posts, or you would've noticed that this issue was addressed. Second you may be interested in learning more about the reason why people feel fear. There is a woman who feels no fear, she suffered an illness that damaged her brain and now she incapable of feeling fear. The problem is that the woman tends to do things that are dangerous without realizing it. Fear has a purpose, it's part of our original nature. Also you're talking in the past tense, which strikes me as odd. You're previous posts regarding turning back time lends me to believe that you are suffering from some regret. Regret often leads us to ponder the meaning of our existence and also what the future holds for us.

What I would suggest is that, in this particular case, it might be better for you to examine the fears that are causing you to worry about these things. In particular why, after reaching enlightenment, you now seem to be preoccupied with immortality and changing things that have happened?

I don't fear death, believe it or not. I have a very good idea of what death is and I've come to terms with it. Do I still fear things? Yes. I wont put my hands in a fire, because I don't want to get burnt. I look both ways before crossing the street because I'm afraid of getting hit by a car. I'm careful when I chop vegetables because I don't want to get cut. I'm careful when I talk to others because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

Fear is necessary in order for us to interact with the world safely. It's not strictly linked to death, but also fear of physical pain, emotional suffering, and numerous other things. An enlightened person understands the nature of fear and does not deny it, but accepts it for what it is, and by accepting it, transcends it's limitations. Most of all, an enlightened person does not say, "Well, appart from 2netis, most of you guys are not immortal."

Aaron

I gave my description of the immortality I'm talking about. Meaning, you can feel stressful emotions and physical pain but never die from any of these. Wether this exists I don't care. So if you read my initial post again, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, if you don't already.

So, no one is immortal in that sense.

Now, I'm going to be equally judgemental about you and let you decide whose judgements are more accurate.

The fact that you say you have no fear of death proves that you're still a boy inside who has never faced death before. You're begging to die, infact, your heroism screams that you be initiated into a man. I suggest you seek your limits and grow a stronger identity from that so that you can move on as an individual mature man.

But I don't care, I'm here just to talk about how responsible we cope with our powers, not psychology. So, I'll refrain from my judgements if you guys refrain from yours.

About rewinding time, I don't regret my past, because rewinding time would bring you into another past to witness the infinite potential and bring you enlightenment. I don't think you understand the concept of time that well. But neither do I.

I'm content in the wandering of all mysteries, as I've said often. Time is irrelevant when I'm in the present moment.

Have you ever heard of the term projection, Aaron? I have, in fact, faced my death. Now I'm begging to die and seek my limits. Thats why I mentioned it, I think you know where I'm getting with this.

Edited by Everything

I gave my description of the immortality I'm talking about. Meaning, you can feel stressful emotions and physical pain but never die from any of these. Wether this exists I don't care.

But doesn't this exist currently for everyone? i.e My back hurts, I'm conflicted between reading TTB and going to practice Tai Chi. But while these thing may/will kill me at some time in the future, baring an unexpected heart attack or natural disaster they can't kill me right now.

Well, technically Mal, you realise that "you" are not immortal at all :)

Exactly and while that freaks poor "Mal" out sometimes because I/we are pretty sure that the thought construct that is "Mal" which is created from neurological interactions in the cerebral cortex won't survive physical death. I/we are pretty sure that whatever is there that is more than just the thought construct that knows itself as "Mal" is "immortal".

:)

Exactly and while that freaks poor "Mal" out sometimes because I/we are pretty sure that the thought construct that is "Mal" which is created from neurological interactions in the cerebral cortex won't survive physical death. I/we are pretty sure that whatever is there that is more than just the thought construct that knows itself as "Mal" is "immortal".

:)

For sure. What I mean is that's what I figured so far, but I'm not entirely certain of it either. So what is one to do? I dunno! Sometimes I wish I never knew that stuff. But maybe the stuff needs me to know. Otherwise I/it would have let myself sleep on. Right? I'd like to think so anyway ;-)

---whooosh- big deja vu just swept by---

Which I now know is not actual prefiguring of momentary..., nor prefiguring of anthing else. So it's kind of meaningless - until you attribute meaning to it..blah de blah...

OT - I found a bunch of k-stuff online. I think that was helpful :-)

Edited: for not being on my regular cp and double-posting as a result

Edited by Kate

OFF-TOPIC

You like this video's, kate?

A friend once told me that she secretely enjoyed it when two guys were fighting over her and she always ended up somehow having this happen, as if it were unconscious. Challenging men is deeper then you know.

But the new-age hiphop stuff is really a fail. Only someone posted a video somewhere of something that really took it one level higher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYjZeErFks

I mean if you want to "seem" like you've got a high replication value what better way to do it then show the entire world how you get several women horny in mysterious ways. These guys just hit the jack pot.

Or that one, go to 7:40, you'll see the real deal.

BACK TO TOPIC

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

But doesn't this exist currently for everyone? i.e My back hurts, I'm conflicted between reading TTB and going to practice Tai Chi. But while these thing may/will kill me at some time in the future, baring an unexpected heart attack or natural disaster they can't kill me right now.

Let me explain the purpose of this topic:

It is honorable for a man to admit his fears, resistance, and edge of practice.

It is simply true that each man has his limit, his capacity for

growth, and his destiny. But it is dishonorable for him to lie to himself

or others about his real place. He shouldn't pretend he is more enlightened

than he is—nor should he stop short of his actual edge. The more

a man is playing his real edge, the more valuable he is as good company

for other men, the more he can be trusted to be authentic and fully present.

Where a man's edge is located is less important than whether he is

actually living his edge in truth, rather than being lazy or deluded.

Do you see how contemplating your immortality plays into that? Live your true limits, let go of the lies that even you yourself are beginning to believe in. Alot of people are making up excuses for their lazy behaviour and pretend they are even beyond their own edge. It is an illusion and wont win the respect of other men. If you were immortal, the lies are no longer necesarry. You have infinite time to grow on the edge of your life, step by step, continuesly.

Now again, is there absolutely nothing that you would do diffrently if you could not die? Your true identity is everchanging just like your limits. Find your limits is finding your truth, you can change that truth. Everyone has limits, otherwise he is non-existant and does not belong in the truth, he is but a lie. The better you know your limits to more effective your can grow as a person.

As I said, the warrior man sees the diffrence between a mortal and immortal life, while the hero boy sees it not.

I am actually confused that you clever guys did not get it yet, I hope you understand it now.

Edited by Everything

OFF-TOPIC

You like this video's, kate?

A friend once told me that she secretely enjoyed it when two guys were fighting over her and she always ended up somehow having this happen, as if it were unconscious. Challenging men is deeper then you know.

But the new-age hiphop stuff is really a fail. Only someone posted a video somewhere of something that really took it one level higher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYjZeErFks

I mean if you want to "seem" like you've got a high replication value what better way to do it then show the entire world how you get several women horny in mysterious ways. These guys just hit the jack pot.

Or that one, go to 7:40, you'll see the real deal.

BACK TO TOPIC

What was all that about/for?

Mal is a fellow KAP friend and what he's saying speaks to my own experience.

Attributing "unconsciousness" to others is IMO a very very bad idea:-)

What was all that about/for?

Mal is a fellow KAP friend and what he's saying speaks to my own experience.

Attributing "unconsciousness" to others is IMO a very very bad idea:-)

Never mind. I was referring to the videos you posted here. ;)

Now, guys. Read purpose of this topic and give me the truth from the bottom of your soul.

Contemplate your immortality, expose your limits, give us your naked truth. If you can't be truthful towards others with this, you will never become truthful towards yourself either. If you were immortal right now, what would you do. And at the very least, be honest with us if you would do something that you would rather not share here in public by telling so. Simply say: "I would do something that I'd rather not share in public." I don't care about all the surface stuff, I want people here to look deeper within themselves. It will reward you in the end, believe me.

Edited by Everything

Sign in to follow this