Sign in to follow this  
Everything

If you could rewind time

Don't look at the video if it will hurt your heart.

Sometimes, fate brings the inevitable.

If you could rewind time, what would you do, or where would you go?

How would you use, or not use this ability?

Write it.

Edited by Everything

I hope they get Dead Island right, it looks like an excellent game, along with "I am Alive"

Ever played Hard Rain? {no spoilers as I only recently got my PS3 :) )

There are 2 events in my life I would like to change. One isn't really that important, I would have liked to finished honors in psychology as I was accepted into the course twice.

But the other is a really weird event that felt very much like a dream where I had the chance to help someone, but I'm certain I ended up destroying their faith in humanity. I hate myself for that. I even paused snd wanted to do the right thing, but thought "I will never get another opportunity and I could regret that for the rest of my life"

well I chose poorly and got the lifelong regret anyhow but that's just part of me now.......

(my cat just came over and cuddled me, thanks Claw :))

So, as I play a lot of computer games, I've often wished for a "reset button" but life just doesn't work like that.

BTW this is probably "on topic" for a TTB discussion.

Too much ugliness. Life does not have to be that way. There is enough beauty in life so that no one should ever have to look for ugliness in order to find more meaning.

Too much ugliness. Life does not have to be that way. There is enough beauty in life so that no one should ever have to look for ugliness in order to find more meaning.

Beauty becomes more beautiful in the contrast of ugliness. But yeah, even amongst ugliness we can see alot of beauty.

Who needs to rewind time when he can simply accept the perfection of this?

Edited by Everything

Beauty becomes more beautiful in the contrast of ugliness. But yeah, even amongst ugliness we can see alot of beauty.

Who needs to rewind time when he can simply accept the perfection of this?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know. Hehehe. To be able to appreciate beauty we have to compare it with ugliness. The old dualistic thinking trick.

I have argued against this thought. It is my belief that we can find the beauty that can be found in almost anything without having subjected ourselves to ugliness.

Indeed, acceptance of 'what is' is the key to contentment. Don't have to look backward or forward. No need to compare 'what is' with anything else. But still, I have my preferences. I generally look at the rose flower rather than the thorn.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know. Hehehe. To be able to appreciate beauty we have to compare it with ugliness. The old dualistic thinking trick.

I have argued against this thought. It is my belief that we can find the beauty that can be found in almost anything without having subjected ourselves to ugliness.

Indeed, acceptance of 'what is' is the key to contentment. Don't have to look backward or forward. No need to compare 'what is' with anything else. But still, I have my preferences. I generally look at the rose flower rather than the thorn.

I think you might be right. The times I witnessed beauty was more of a contrast in mindset rather then environment. Beauty does not require a change in environment, rather a change in your own brain.

i would not rewind time. i would have to look at that as working backwards.

certainly there are things i wished i had handled differently.

i dont like dwelling on the old things, either bad or good.

learn your lessons, take a few lumps along the way, keep growing.

Sign in to follow this