Sign in to follow this  

experiences with being psychic?

So, I was pretty heavy into practice a couple years ago, and then it waned quite abit when I joined the army. .. maybe 6 or so months ago, when I was not practicing at all and had not practiced in a long time, I realized something-- I heard voices.

I swear, it's a common phenonema for me. It is totally random and uncontrolled-- I simply seem to pick up on random thoughts (almost always about me,) people have.

This is especially true of people I get close with.. for example a girlfriend. We could be having very minimal conversation, and I would hear her thoughts. I am noticing I am picking up alot on my room-mates thoughts to.. though, this is not to say I won't here strangers' thoughts... I just seem to have a stronger psychic connection with people I am close to.

I remember a teacher I had for a short while when I was really strong in practice. I got very paranoid because it would seem they would pick up on my thoughts. (which makes makes me think of things I wouldn't want them to hear me think.. which was embarrassing, and just cause for paranoia) :rolleyes:

And also, with a recent reiki attunement I got, I could hear him. I am not sur eif he could hear me, but I am pretty sure he could. In fact, I don't remember, but I even thought that we had replied to eachothers' thoughts. I made a point of asking him about psychic connections with his patients, and he said he didn't know anything about, shrugged his shoulders and said '"it's possible." ...(all the meantime, hearing him repeat "shut-up!")..

I was very close to seeking psychiatric attention some months ago, because I had been so out of practice, and so low in energy I couldn't believe I had the spiritual attainment necessary to be even so mildly psychic. I was very seriously concerned that perhaps I was merely 'hearing voices', which is a very uncomfortable notion!

Now, I am pretty positive that I am genuinely, mildly psychic... Though I still have concerns, and I think that I may possibly 'make' myself hear things that aren't there. (this may happen when I am being paranoid, for example, of what a person is thinking.)

I am also pondering the idea, that perhaps sometimes... I might be influencing the thoughts of others? I doubt it, of course, but I still entertain the possibility. (I just get the feeling.. you know?) I doubt this, becuase I consider the power to influence the thoughts of others to be a very HIGH siddhi... something for the ghosts and incorporeal entities :blink:

Could it be, that perhaps I did, afterall, attain a mild irreversible siddhi in my practice heavy days? Or, even, that I am naturally inclined to be psychic..? (I lean towards the first possibility, because I don't think I started hearing thoughts around the time I discovered 'big oblivion' and truer bodily detachment...)

anyone have experiences themselves?

Hi ...

If you want to start to learn whether you're creating the voices or you're genuinly hearing other's thoughts, then you should pay close attention to the sound of the voice!

Whenever you have your own inner dialogue (such as you reading this out in your mind) listen carefully to the sound of the voice... is it your voice? what tonality do you have? is there any emotion behind the voice? etc... Just placing your attention on your internal dialogue can have great results.

For example I used to do this often - I'd notice that I talk in my head in a very monotone voice (boring!)... sometimes when I had negative self-talk it would be my dad's voice telling me off and then my voice trying to get out of trouble... I had a bout of insomnia once and noticed that I continiously talked in my head, very quickly and going off on tangents... so I decided to slow down the inner dialogue... making the words s l o w e r, sounding more lethargic... yawning between words and I quickly fell asleep.

So when you think you can hear other people's internal dialogue, listen out to the voice (dont worry what they're actually saying - that's not important yet) who's voice is it? what is the pace of the voice, the tone, the emotion?... if you were to close your eyes and pin-point spatially where the voice would be coming from - where would it be? What else makes it seem to you like you're hearing someone else's inner dialogue? is it a feeling? where in your body is this feeling? does it move? etc.

Noticing all these small differences will allow you to firstly learn whether you're really hearing other people's dialogue and if you are, practicing these subtle directions of your attention will allow you to fine-tune your abilities.

regarding influencing other's thoughts... it's the most common thing in the world! - if you've ever talked to someone you've influenced their thoughts... if you've ever been seen by someone - you've influenced their thoughts... we're constantly communicating and sending out signals (mainly non-verbal) - if someone's there to witness this, then you're bound to have affected their thoughts.

cool.

cultivate that and continue to use it.... perhaps even see if you can expand it into other areas of 'sixth sense' for really all psychic abilities come from the same "organ" and if you can do one, you can do all.

i think the 'sixth sense' is actually our communication point for conversing with "god" (the greater universe) and i think it's a very important thing to develop on the path.

for me i seem to have been developing an ability to see ghosts/energy beings. not always.... but it usually happens outside of the city (my house. although i do have memories of a ghost inhabiting our house back when we first moved in.... i was just a young teenager at the time but i think i cleared it from our house somehow because it's no longer there).

i don't really know what to do with these beings yet and don't feel energetically i am at a stage where i am ready to begin helping them.... so i just kind of ignore them (or if i feel menaced by them i do some psychic protection techniques) and they go away eventually, dissatisfied perhaps hahaha.

occassionally i can also 'know' things about other people.... but have not developed my telepathic faculties to the point where i can hear others thoughts, although communicating telepathically is logically a next step. how much more can we communicate if we could do it telepathically?

anyways.... keep it up, sounds to me like you are on the way. but as sean outlined in the pitfalls.... don't get trapped by the psychic abilities, rather it is just a necessary step on the path to becoming a sorcerer.

:)

hey Neimad,

Remember 5 conditions/rules of a lonely bird that Don Juan taught Carlos?

1. It flies to the highest point.

2. It doesn't care about a companionship, even the birds like itself.

3. Its beak is always pointed up in the sky.

4. It has ordinary/common colors.

5. And it sings quietly/softly.

I thought this was the highest teaching he ever taught Carlos.

hey Neimad,

Remember 5 conditions/rules of a lonely bird that Don Juan taught Carlos?

1. It flies to the highest point.

2. It doesn't care about a companionship, even the birds like itself.

3. Its beak is always pointed up in the sky.

4. It has ordinary/common colors.

5. And it sings quietly/softly.

I thought this was the highest teaching he ever taught Carlos.

smile,

i don't remember that particular part. it has been sometime since i read all the works of castaneda.

could you elucidate what this teaching means to you and the context of it's presentation?

i think i get it, but i would like a little more elaboration.

thanks.

In the 70's, I did a lot of experimenting with hallucinogens and had quite a few psychic experiences............One time I was at a party and had done some mushrooms.............For what seemed like hours, I knew what people were going to say before they opened their mouths.....I just had this knowing in my solar plexus and then WOW!............Something that couldn't be put into words......................Another time, a group of us dropped some acid and we were sitting around chatting and as the trip progessed, we all became silent and into our own groove so to speak.......Then without notice and with everyone still quiet, people started communicating in pictures........We were literally throwing images at each other to see if we could accurately transmit thought........Kind of like playing catch with pictures with our consciousness being the glove...............After a few more of these experiences, I realised that these abilities are in everyone and took the natural route for self development....................One of the best teachers I've ever had in developing telepathy was from my cat Popeye(rest his soul).................That little guy was a psychic transmitter in a feline body and he would read thoughts like there was no tomorrow!........My experience with him is that when I thought about having a snack, he would be waiting in the kitchen or think about going out and he would be at the door,,,,,,,I could go on and on........................Oh well............voices in my head, gotta go!

Sounds like genuine experience, though not especially enjoyable, a nuisance, and maybe unsettling at times. Its a challenge, socially, and of one's maturity, stability.

Basically, you can't tell hardly anyone about it: your friends will either not believe you and think that you're nuts, or they'll believe you and always wonder if their thoughts are their private thoughts or do you hear them (are they stripped of the privacy of their internal world).

And it separates you, perhaps, from others in a way that you're not used to. Its a typical thing of the path: stuff (sometimes big stuff) happens and you generally deal with it mostly on your own. Of course, its valuable to find friendships where you have this sort of thing in common (that's being kind to yourself). But a significant part of the path, of integrating with most people, is a placid ability to act as if nothing unusual is going on (that's being kind to others, and also practical survival).

Edited by Trunk

that is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hear, top-fan. (ie someone with similiar experience with this sort of thing.)

from experience, I understand how powerful marijuana and mushrooms can be on the body/soul.. some of my best experiences have resulted from these things. But, I also wonder, what kind of meditation techniques did you focus on when you were doing this sort of thing? (Did you practice emptiness to a serious extent?)

...hey, wow, thanks for the welcome by the way! make me feel like I belong here :)

:o Well during the stimulant phase, I wasn't into any sort of meditation...............Havng the experiences came as a by product of doing the drugs which led me to question my personal reality and as I mentioned earlier, led to a more holistic form of work on oneself......I am in no way advocating drug use...........A good book that I read, which is probably out of print was, "Drugs and The Mind" by Robert DeRopp.........I believe Mr. DeRopp was a Neurochemist and his book was about the effect hallucinogens had on the brain..................What left a lasting impression on me was that he said (and I'm paraphrasing)-"Picture the mind as having 7 rooms.......Most of the time, we all are in room 1(waking consciousness) and we rarely stray from room 1 to room 2, except when we sleep or are in a deeply relaxed state.........When you do hallucinogens, you can go from room 1 to room 7 or any of the others without any control mechanism."..........It was his explanation for various states of consciousness and the untapped potential of the brain which can lead to amazing and devastating experiences...........That scared the living crap out of me and I'm awefully lucky I never tried to fly!.................Now I just breathe deep and drink coffee.

sometimes i can "smell" things..... from work i have to call a lot of people on the phone and often i can smell them.... it's kind of weird, but i don't worry about it too much.

pretty useless psychic ability really hahaha, i don't know what good i could put it to!?

could you elucidate what this teaching means to you and the context of it's presentation?

Sorry, bro, this is such a deep and massive topic I'm not sure I have desire and time to go into.

I believe it's in one of the first few books.

my thought ont he matter is this, first of all I think we must dramatically redefine what is commmonly called Extra-Sensory Perception. We are bombarded by billions of signals from the enviroment every second. We are unable to process it all. Generally humans confuse their perceptual tunnel wth reality. Also the same is to be said of our current concepts of Space/ Time. Our brain organizes these signals, arranges them in such a way our conscious mind can deal with. Our sub-conscious mind organizes things differently, this is obvious everytime we dream. So if a times an indiviual who has done purposeful reimprinting of their perceptive instruments and an 'awakening' of the entire nervous system as a receptive instrument. It shouldn't be considered outside the realm of possibility that such an individual percieves things beyond the grasp of the majority of the population who don't have a clue that there is an entire world beyond their narrow view. But, then again what do I know I'm just a phone tech from Texas.

... Generally humans confuse their perceptual tunnel wth reality. ...

But, then again what do I know I'm just a phone tech from Texas.

Fun to read. :)

Welcome aboard.

Sign in to follow this