Immortal4life

Are you Born from Above?

As above, so below

There are generally considered to be 2 types of meditation methods that have been used at different times in history for various purposes, Water and Fire. Water methods are completely natural, and they work passively. Fire methods involve human intention, and more active practice methods. Both methods involve the body, mind, and ultimately the spirit. The original meaning of baptism by fire and water, has to do with purification of the body by life energy, and purification of the mind through tribulation and meditation. There also may be other issues like perhaps predestination, karma, and past lives. Here is an article talking about the 2 methods a little bit

http://www.chigung.com/en/tradition.html

Water

You can do slow deep abdominal breathing, which is common in passive, dissolving, "Water" cultivation methods.

BREATHING

Taoist longevity breathing Yoga-

Video showing purely natural Taoist qigong methods of circulating energy through the body. The exercises and patting move the energy through the body automatically and gently.-

High level Wild Goose Qi Gong-

Prayer in all 4 directions-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiHCOI6D0Y

Fire

The Yoga traditions use the more rapid breath of "Fire", method

Kundalini-

"Kriya of Liberation" Yoga-

Alternate Nostril breathing. This method is very helpful for people who get allergies or clogged noses

ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING EXERCISE

Yoga Sun prostrations

YouTube - Sun Salute

Spiritual

Buddhist Prostrations

Jewish prostration-

Early Christian prayer and prostration-

Information about the Essenes, who used both Water and Fire Baptism. Here is what is said about the Essenes, recorded by Josephus-

http://goodnewspirit.com/qumran_deadseascrolls.htm

"They possess nothing of their own, not house, field, slave nor flocks, nor anything which feeds and procures wealth. They live together in brotherhoods, and eat in common together. Everything they do is for the common good of the group. They work at many different jobs and attack their work with amazing zeal and dedication, working from before sunrise to almost sunset without complaint, but in obvious exhilaration. Their exercise is their work. Indeed, they believe their own training to be more agreeable to body and soul, and more lasting, than athletic games, since their exercises remain fitted to their age, even when the body no longer possesses its full strength"

"They neither buy nor sell anything among themselves. They give to each other freely and feel no need to repay anything in exchange. Before sunrise they recite certain ancestral prayers to the sun as though entreating it to rise.

christmudra6.jpg

It is very well known that the Essenes practiced immersion in water and cleansing practices throughout the day at different times. But what is not known by very many people is that the main purpose of this was not only cleanliness, but purification of the spiritual and subtle energies of the body and mind. The physical vibrations and and spiritual energies, this is the true Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost, Universal Life Energy. That is a vital component of spiritual cultivation.

This is becasue Religion itself originally comes from spiritual cultivation and meditation.

I found some stuff about some specific Muslim prayers. Interesting. Is this authentic muslim prayer? Is there more than this stuff or is this the main fundamentals of how muslims basically practice?

My contention would be that prayer, is ultimately spiritual cultivation practice, involving body and mind. I would even go so far as to say, meditative in origin. It is said the purpose is to "contact", not worship, God. Only later did religions become about worship, evil, controlling others, Popes, Ayatollahs, and burning witches, alchemists, and infidels.

wuzu washing methods-

Step-by-Step Guide to Islam Prayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXl0pvdi8fwl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6j8tg0zkk

Prayer Videos

website-

http://www.islam-usa.com/pray7.html

Immortal, there is so much information there that it's hard to find a thread to comment on. I'm not sure what you're getting at...

I too am mindful of the fact that Jesus was brought up in the Essene tradition, which to me translates as more of a shamanic tradition; great respect for nature, seeing themselves as one with nature. If indeed Jesus was able to perform physical movements of energy at the level he is accredited, these would be shamanic feats. Really good ones. And if there were something like a water-walking incident or a levitation up into the sky, why not? Hasn't levitation been done by many others?

I've railed on about this before, but it's all too tempting to do it again. Living in the Bible belt as I do, I'm surrounded by unloving and uncaring people who go to church on Sunday and celebrate Jesus' birthday in December. The rest of the year they're going on about their business, grabbing more and more for themselves and their children, fighting against health care for poor babies, and yet fighting to the death to make sure those poor babies are born into squalor.

This mindset, to me, is repugnant and ugly Americanism at its worst. We have worshiped the profit motive for way too long; the Christians 'worship' their Jesus, just knowing that if they only put a few bucks in the plate on Sundays their membership in the Jesus club is intact and they will go to heaven. You see bumper stickers back here about how this car will be driverless after the rapture.

The idea of 'worshipping' a man is ridiculous. If these folks could be a little more concerned about living Jesus' ideas rather than celebrating his birthday, this whole place would be better off.

• Like 1

Very interesting stuff Immortal4life.

Seems fairly well known to most the Jesus must have gone through the whole alchemical process at some stage.

As far as I can see all the traditions involving some form of cultivation/meditation have this at some stage. I doubt Jesus and the Essenes were any different.

Very interesting stuff Immortal4life.

Seems fairly well known to most the Jesus must have gone through the whole alchemical process at some stage.

As far as I can see all the traditions involving some form of cultivation/meditation have this at some stage. I doubt Jesus and the Essenes were any different.

To understand Jesus and his relationship to our species, one has to look back to The Book of Enoch and also cross reference that with the Summerian texts (not Zacheria Sitchin who is full of himself). To give you a short summation, 'The Son of Man' was first mentioned in this book which was written by Enoch (Noah's great grandfather). After the 'watchers' (or annunaki in the summerian) screwed up our species it was said that he had to be sent back to us to correct what happened. There are indications that he was the 1st cultivated 'earth' spirit (as distinguished from heaven spirits). Even in Revelations it says he was 'the 1st born of the dead'. Honestly, if you've not read 'The Book of Enoch' go give it a whirl, it lends a whole new perspective on not only our species, but also on the relationship between Christ and mankind. If nothing else it's a riveting story!

• Like 2

I really liked Zecharia Sitchen's stuff, it's too bad he died and can't publish more material.

He did a lot of great work, but imo he could never stay away from conjecture. A lot of the Sumerian transcripts are available online via university sites so we can read for ourselves. There are also other ancient texts to cross reference with, I would consider the book of enoch to be one of them. Sitchen would have done himself a lot more justice if he could stop himself from filling in blanks with conjecture. People who do that make it hard to believe anything they say, that really sucks in his case because he had so much great information to impart. In the end we have to go read for ourselves to separate the facts from his opinions; luckily we live in an age where we have great access to information! One should never fall short at believing just because they want to, I think it's better to access the facts ourselves when it's possible. That's just my opinion though which could be false as well, the only way you'll know is to read and find the truth :)

"They work at many different jobs and attack their work with amazing zeal and dedication, working from before sunrise to almost sunset without complaint, but in obvious exhilaration. Their exercise is their work. Indeed, they believe their own training to be more agreeable to body and soul, and more lasting, than athletic games, since their exercises remain fitted to their age, even when the body no longer possesses its full strength"

I suspect what they teach in the Fourth Way is taken much from the Essene teachings, there is an emphasis on normal manual work but there is a specific technique which they call Self Remembering you use by dividing your attention between your centres and the work you are doing which can put you in a state of "flow" just doing simple things like working in the fields and cooking, which meant they could work all day without tiring much and they would develop spiritually through their day to day affairs.