Lucky7Strikes

Egyptian Revolution

It'd be great if during meditation today and for the near future, we can offer blessings to the youths in Egypt who have done something incredible. Hoping dearly that they can continue the spirit of non-violence, unity, and brotherhood through the harder times ahead, and that the spirit spreads through the much needed region of Africa and the Middle East!

_/\_ -_- .

Viva la revolucion! :lol:

• Like 1

Don't be so sure that was the reason behind it. After all, look at the real motives lurking behind the womens liberation movement:

Don't worry, Alan Watt has a different version of the official story of events. It's all smoke and mirrors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8CnHxgYWBg

I'm not saying you're wrong. But it's always best to take information with a healthy dose of scepticism. ;)

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2

Seven - beautiful sentiment. To see the incredible joy in these people...and the length of time that the cheering goes on! I have never seen such an outpouring of combined happiness. I am thrilled for these people. I feel guilty that I didn't know just how bad the repression has been - but to see the image of the men on horses and camels with whips was like looking at something from the medieval times; that particular scene shocked my soul, for some reason... that people in this day and age must be subjected to such things.

The fact that the whole (free) world can experience this catharsis in real time cannot be understated. The human spirit will win out, if only the means for communication are there.

Perhaps one day the entire world will be peering over the rim at North Korea.

And the Algerians started theirs today. Their situation is about the same as it was in Egypt.

We'll see how theirs goes.

I'm not sure what to think of what's going on in Egypt. Maybe it's a genuine revolution, or maybe people like Webster Tarpley are right and it's merely a CIA plot. Still hoping for a better world either way.

I'm not sure what to think of what's going on in Egypt. Maybe it's a genuine revolution, or maybe people like Webster Tarpley are right and it's merely a CIA plot. Still hoping for a better world either way.

Could be possible. Although Fox News tells me otherwise.

What I mean by that is, if fox news voices their opinion against it, it often tells me corporate America is against it aswell. That doesn't necessarily mean it's good either.

Although what I've heard is he's been in power for 30 years. The US didn't like the fact he was stepping down, being that the person to be elected wouldn't already have good ties with the US government.

Fact is.. It doesn't matter who's in power. It just matters who we have good diplomacy with, and who we can sell to. If that's the case with a country, then it achieving "democracy" is a good thing.

So democracy being a good thing is in the eye of the beholder. Being the personal interests in power.

Edited by NeiChuan

Um, it's a military coup. Very similar to what happened when JFK was taken out and replaced with Johnson.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Who the F knows, but I wouldn't be so quick to shed a tear of joy over what we're seeing on the TV.

• Like 1

It'd be great if during meditation today and for the near future, we can offer blessings to the youths in Egypt who have done something incredible. Hoping dearly that they can continue the spirit of non-violence, unity, and brotherhood through the harder times ahead, and that the spirit spreads through the much needed region of Africa and the Middle East!

_/\_ -_- .

Viva la revolucion! :lol:

Here here, Lucky 7 :excl: :excl:

I share your celebratory mood and optimism about the Egyptian revolution that can very well lead to a new democratic government. I disagree with an item below that said this is a "military coup". That is incorrect and can be verified as incorrect through all news sources. Now there may be power grabs by various factions--including the military--as Egypt moves through its dark, unlit passage towards establishing a new government. But the ouster of Mubarek was not instigated by the military. It was instigated and carried out by all classes of Egyptian society. The military simply decided not to intervene and Mubarek decided wisely not to go "Tian An Men" on the revolt.

Here is copy of what I posted about the Egyptian uprising Friday evening at 6 oclock on the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung thread (on which I am most active):

Taking a quick break from FP Qigong discussion to direct y'all to pay a little attention to very significant world events and to meditate deeply on them. What's happening in Egypt is more than a regime change forced by a mass hunger for democracy. Old, very old ancient spirits are underneath and fueling that massive uprising...so be alert to the spiritual fall-out further down the road after the mundane political conflict has been resolved and new Egyptian government put in place. Hint as to reason why: Egypt is the source of all alchemy and oracles--including the Chinese traditions.

But for the moment, it's time to celebrate with the rest of the world the start of liberation of the Egyptian people...and pray that they get through what's sure to be a chaotic, unlit and tricky passage to a new stable government.

Peaceful revolution in Egypt, jubilation in the streets of Cairo––reflected by an I Ching reading that I cast Wednesday night: Peace [hexagram #11] changing to Taming Power of the Small [hexagram #9] (5th and 6th lines moving). Carefully read the 6th moving line atop Peace (#11):

"The wall falls back into the moat; use no army now."

Mubarek obviously saw this writing on the wall in his own way.

This is an example of the profound and wonderfully synchronistic clarity of the I Ching oracle, invokable by any straightforward mind.

Moreover, Egypt's deposing of this last pharoah, Mubarek, which occurred today falls exactly 32 years after the date that the Iranian people overthrew the Shah. That's 32 years ago to this very day :excl: :excl: :excl: And falls exactly 9 years and 5 months after 9/11 !

You think there's not ancient karma and alchemy at work in these events?

The I Ching can be used as a powerful guide to anyone on the Path of Knowledge, and can teach you to become your own master teacher. It's your art, your alchemy. Learn it correctly and then make it work for yourself.

**Finally, and this is not from my Friday post: I found the smartest, most profound one-liner on Twitter this morning by @emptywheel of the last 9 years and 5 months (to the day):

Egypt, we love you for your freedom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

If it wasn't a military coup, who exactly played the role in the transferring of power? The people? The news?

Believe what you want but at the core mechanics of power transfer, it was the military that did it. The people may have been a loud voice but it was the military that was running the show. All your melodrama and quotes can't dent that fact.

• Like 1

If it wasn't a military coup, who exactly played the role in the transferring of power? The people? The news?

Believe what you want but at the core mechanics of power transfer, it was the military that did it. The people may have been a loud voice but it was the military that was running the show. All your melodrama and quotes can't dent that fact.

I actually agree with you, however, the people were the inspiration for the military to take action.

The military did not want to waste any of the 1.3 billion dollars the United States is giving it annually for the purpose of killing its own people. I have to give the military much credit in this regard. But the people deserve a lot of credit too because they were putting their life on the line. Some did pay the ultimate price. (Body count numbers vary.)

"That is how it will always be until they claim their birthright by closing the Koran and opening their minds."

Change Bible instead of Koran: same problem, hundred of thousand of fanatics in all western countries...but they are "our fanatics"...

Without mentioning the long atrocious bloody history of Christianity (Inquisition, crusades, religious wars, native american cultural extermination,etc.etc.)

Edited by Ulises

In Japan, there is a Giant Hornet which kills whole hives of bees, primarily to eat their children. It is so deadly that annually, attacks from this insect kill human beings in excess of every other natural insectoid and animalian threat, poisonous or otherwise.

These monsters cannot be stopped once their scouts have marked a hive, and... within a few hours, 12-15 of them can anihillate 30000 bees. They can fly 60 miles at 25 MPH due in part to a food they produce which results in extreme strength and voracity. In the average attack, none of the attackers are killed.

The Japanese bees have developed an amazing and instructive defense. They either lure the scout within the hive, or swarm it outside the hive with ~500 workers. The result is not combat, and is fascinating. Encased within the swarm, the scout may kill a few bees, but the remaining bees beat their wings in a rhythmic pattern resulting in rapid heating of the core of the swarm. The bees can withstand 118 f. The scout can withstand 115 F. The target temperature within the swarm is 117 f. After a short time, the scout is destroyed by a combination of suffocation and being cooked. This is the power of unity in the face of a sophisticated and overpowering threat.

If the bees -attack- the threat, or do -anything other than this action of unity- the scout will escape, mark the location of the hive, and return to decimate it.

We may take an interesting lesson from these highly intelligent social creatures. The power of unity is not combat, it is warmth.

And WARmth, generated by cooperative unity magnified by total agreement...

...can destroy any threat.

Darin de Stefano

"That is how it will always be until they claim their birthright by closing the Koran and opening their minds."

Change Bible instead of Koran: same problem, hundred of thousand of fanatics in all western countries...but they are "our fanatics"...

Without mentioning the long atrocious bloody history of Christianity (Inquisition, crusades, religious wars, native american cultural extermination,etc.etc.)

Yes, but they are a much smaller problem than they used to be some centuries ago and a lot smaller problem than the similar minded people in the middle east are. For example 84% of Christians do not belive apostates should be killed. Even amongst the most hardcore fundamentalist christians you will find very few who believe that. There is a fundamental difference here.

excerpts from an essay I mostly but not completely agreed with,

I mostly agree with it as well. However, I do belive that political institutions change culture. It just takes time and there is a limit to its effects. I also belive that in time attitiudes will change in the middle east as they get more time maturing in democratic values, even more people get educations and get them in freer societies and their economies start working better etc.

Yes, but they are a much smaller problem than they used to be some centuries ago and a lot smaller problem than the similar minded people in the middle east are. For example 84% of Christians do not belive apostates should be killed. Even amongst the most hardcore fundamentalist christians you will find very few who believe that. There is a fundamental difference here.

I'm not so sure about that...Brad Keeney has received serious death threaths because of his work (and he is a Christian!)

In any case, I'm for supporting the Arab people wanting to evolve towards a Turkish democracy type, and not focusing in the extremist elements..."Energy flows where attention goes"...isn't it?

Edited by Ulises

I'm not so sure about that...Brad Keeney has received serious death threaths because of his work (and he is a Christian!)

In any case, I'm for supporting the Arab people wanting to evolve towards a Turkish democracy type, and not focusing in the extremist elements..."Energy flows where attention goes"...isn't it?

Those two things are not compareable at all. Individuals with controversial opinions get death threats in all societies. But you will not find large numbers of fundamentalist christians wanting those who leave their religion to be killed.

I understand all the caution and doubt. But I see genuine emotions too. I like to see the good and believe in the innate goodness and a desire for communal happiness in people, so I see that as the main thing going on in Egypt, and those emotions in their rawest sense will be greater than any delusioned ideology labeled on it. :wub: .

Could be possible. Although Fox News tells me otherwise.

What I mean by that is, if fox news voices their opinion against it, it often tells me corporate America is against it aswell. That doesn't necessarily mean it's good either.

Although what I've heard is he's been in power for 30 years. The US didn't like the fact he was stepping down, being that the person to be elected wouldn't already have good ties with the US government.

Fact is.. It doesn't matter who's in power. It just matters who we have good diplomacy with, and who we can sell to. If that's the case with a country, then it achieving "democracy" is a good thing.

So democracy being a good thing is in the eye of the beholder. Being the personal interests in power.

Fox News = Tox News

Those two things are not compareable at all. Individuals with controversial opinions get death threats in all societies. But you will not find large numbers of fundamentalist christians wanting those who leave their religion to be killed.

Individual with controversial opinions...? Excuse me....????

Embodying and speaking about the Big Love is a controversial opinion....?????

Oh, I got it, like that subversive anarchist mystic who was crucified for embodying love...

Excuse me, there are growing numbers of kkkristians in many western countries, increasingly psychotic... (I've had personal experiences: really scary)

this is not a joke, unfortunately:

Edited by Ulises

If for some coincidence I had any Egyptian ancestor, I'd feel really proud now Edited by Ulises

Yes, Iran is next. They are to have their first demonstration today. I just hope the government doesn't kill too many of its own people.