Red Pheonix

Greetings from Dallas

Hello brothers and sisters! I've read a lot on this forum, for years actually, but have only now actually signed up. I guess I learn more when I shut up and listen lol. I've studied kung fu for most of my life, my father taught hard fist styles and as I grew I found the softness that I was looking for. Bagua is my favorite, it's balance of internal/external expression is sweeter than the duality of frosted mini wheats mmmmmmm!

I live in Dallas and travel a good bit, if you come out this way let me know and I'll take you out to drum circle with me to meet some of the family here. I study with a few different masters; I've been fortunate enough to find several wonderful teachers. I primarily study with Master Yuanming Zhang (Long Men Pai -Dragon Gate) and help orchestrate workshops for him as well.

happy to be meet you all... high 5's n *hugs* all around :)

Edited by Red Pheonix

Hello brothers and sisters! I've read a lot on this forum, for years actually, but have only now actually signed up. I guess I learn more when I shut up and listen lol. I've studied kung fu for most of my life, my father taught hard fist styles and as I grew I found the softness that I was looking for. Bagua is my favorite, it's balance of internal/external expression is sweeter than the duality of frosted mini wheats mmmmmmm!

I live in Dallas and travel a good bit, if you come out this way let me know and I'll take you out to drum circle with me to meet some of the family here. I study with a few different masters; I've been fortunate enough to find several wonderful teachers. I primarily study with Master Yuanming Zhang (Long Men Pai -Dragon Gate) and help orchestrate workshops for him as well.

happy to be meet you all... high 5's n *hugs* all around :)

Hello Red Pheonix

You have written a warm introduction and good to have you here :)

Sending you more sunshine and cheers !!

cicida

Edited by cicida
  • Like 1

Hello Red Pheonix

You have written a warm introduction and good to have you here :)

Sending you more sunshine and cheers !!

cicida

Thanks for the warm greetings and sunshine Cicida, it's a bit snowy here today... I'll take all I can get!

red phoenix :) you are also welcome to visit if you come this way(kentucky).

baguazhang fun stuff. is red phoenix indicating you do phoenix bgz?

anyways welcome to ttb i see you are already making yourself at home.

red phoenix :) you are also welcome to visit if you come this way(kentucky).

baguazhang fun stuff. is red phoenix indicating you do phoenix bgz?

anyways welcome to ttb i see you are already making yourself at home.

Thanks for the invite zerostao, yes this place is feeling pretty homey (thanks to people like yourself).

Red Pheonix is a name given to me because of my open heart and compassion, more related to energy cultivation than the martial perspective.

Yin Fu Bagua was my primary study, I learned from Master Wei-Chen Ni who taught from a very thorough medical perspective. I've also learned many of the general sword forms like the Ba Gua Dao, Dragon Sword and the basic 8 Trigrams with a sword. The sword forms I learned are the longer versions, but aren't explicit to Yin Fu. Currently I'm learning from Master Yuanming Zhang although I'm focusing more on Long Men Pai than the Bagua at the moment; I should have a chance to learn the Mt. Qingcheng Bagua before the year is over.

Edited by Red Pheonix