The Way Is Virtue

Fingers and Toes and Meridians

A question for TCM type people. Anyone have a list or link to a list of which meridians pass through which specific fingers and toes? When I look at meridian charts I can see that some meridians do end up or start at certain toes or fingers, but sometimes it is hard to see clearly (at least on the meridian charts I have). I guess some meridians end at a finger or toe and another meridian also starts where the other meridian ends?

If anyone knows of a fairly concise list that lists the exact relationship between the fingers and toes and meridians, that would be good. :)

Just trying to relate some of what I feel in meditation to actual meridians, but sometimes its hard to see in my meridian charts which specific toe or finger a particular meridian ends up or starts at.

If anyone knows of a fairly concise list that lists the exact relationship between the fingers and toes and meridians, that would be good. :)

Just trying to relate some of what I feel in meditation to actual meridians, but sometimes its hard to see in my meridian charts which specific toe or finger a particular meridian ends up or starts at.

In my recent studies, I've had the exact same issue. If anyone could illuminate the issue for us, that would be massively appreciated!

A question for TCM type people. Anyone have a list or link to a list of which meridians pass through which specific fingers and toes? When I look at meridian charts I can see that some meridians do end up or start at certain toes or fingers, but sometimes it is hard to see clearly (at least on the meridian charts I have). I guess some meridians end at a finger or toe and another meridian also starts where the other meridian ends?

There shouldn't be any confusion about the points if you just have a proper source from where to look. Some points have alternate locations (for example the jing-well point of PC/HG meridian (PC9) has alternative locations on the other corner of the nail and in the middle of the tip of the middle finger and I think the points have a little different indications) For exampe the site joeblast posted is good.. Also, studying the anatomical aspect of the body (mostly muscles & bones) makes finding the points much easier.

Oh, and one more thing. Meridians do not end and start at the same point, there are points which are simply called entry & exit points and they are connected on different meridians. Check:

http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/theory_entryexit

• Like 1

Thanks guys. The charts that Joe Blast posted are better than the charts that I have for seeing the points on the toes and fingers.

Tactile, thanks for the info on the entry exit points. Good info. I am obviously going to have to do more study on the theory side of acupuncture to get a better grasp of this.

Thanks for the info and links guys!

Edited by The Way Is Virtue

Mudras (seals or gestures)

'Have a specific energetic" according to Nicolai Bachman on page 28-29 of The Language Of Yoga.

" Often fingers touch each other, effectively connecting energy channels (nadis) of the body that affect both the gesturer and the gesturee."

Rooting as described on pages 114-116 of Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy,describes the nine points of the foot.

Heel, outer edge, large ball, small ball, and the 5 toes.

But there's always more - Todd Rundgren:)

Mudras (seals or gestures)

'Have a specific energetic" according to Nicolai Bachman on page 28-29 of The Language Of Yoga.

" Often fingers touch each other, effectively connecting energy channels (nadis) of the body that affect both the gesturer and the gesturee."

Hi Sifuufi. What do you suppose he means by "the gesturer and the gesturee."? Is he talking about using mudras to cause effects in someone else, or what exactly?

http://www.eclectice...ntroduction.php

http://www.kundalini...org/mudras.html

My thing would be to lock in to a particular vibration or energy caused or emitted by a mudra.

I have always been attracted to people with a good "vibe" or light in their eyes so to speak.

The down side is picking up on the(-) out there as well.

I had listened to a Paul Grilley lecture where he speaks if connective tissue as a qi conductor.

I should start a topic on that.

I have always had the desire and will to be "on" energy wise.

Thanks for your input.

Robert