TheSongsofDistantEarth

9 Palaces Birth Numbers Form

Claiming Your Postnatal Qi

"The navel is the beginning point of your earthly life; the point through which your earthly portion of hun, shen, and po is distributed, the entry point of your postnatal jing. While rubbing the kidneys addresses prenatal essence, [this exercise] stakes a firm claim to the portion of you that you came in the world with.

After having rubbed the kidneys over the Ming Men point until they are hot, bring the hands back up to the heart level. With the forearms raised slightly higher than parallel with the ground, press together the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger of each hand.

With the hands in this mudra, close your eyes and count down each number that forms the date of your birth, year, month, and day, in that order, nine times in a row.

For example, if you were born on October 17, 1952, you would repeat "one-nine-five-two-one-zero-one-seven" nine times. Speak these numbers silently in your mind. If you know the exact time of your birth, include the numbers that make up the hours and minutes as well. Only include birth time numbers if you are positive of their accuracy. If not, you are better off leaving them out than guessing.

The person you were born into this world as was created by Heaven and Earth. The moment you were born, the best part of you was born- what is most truly you. Your birth was perfectly timed, generated by that unique blend of Yin and Yang that was specially meant for you. Remember that it's only at the exact moment of your birth that the hun, shen, and po split in two, half to your ren ying and half to your mi ying. The Taoists do not believe that the spirit, soul, or animal spirit are present in the womb-- they appear only at the moment of birth. Your birth numbers represent the exact combination of Yin and Yang forces within you. Concentrating on these numbers puts you in touch with your Original Qi.

The numbers that comprise your time of birth form a powerful personal talisman. If you are experiencing problems, recite your birth date numbers to resolve them. If you are trying to bring better luck into your life, saying them to yourself while in this posture will have a positive effect. There are a number of interconnected reasons for this. First of all, your thumb represents yourself, the first finger represents your mother, and the middle finger represents your father. When we are born into the world, 50% of the Qi involved belongs to our parents. The other 50% is ours alone. By bringing these three fingers together while reciting your birth date, you are strengthening your 50%."

-from 'Qi Gong for Wellness- Increase Your Energy, Vitality, and Longevity with the Ancient 9 Palaces System from the White Cloud Monastery' by Dr. Baolin Wu and Jessica Eckstein

post-10850-129703065802_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Claiming Your Postnatal Qicount down each number that forms the date of your birth, year, month, and day, in that order, nine times in a row.

Which calender?

Dr. Baolin Wu seems to use this idea a lot in the Feng Shui book I have. It is mentioned to not even bother with a house unless its address includes the occupant's birth date. Numerology is a big topic :)

I'm guessing the calendar system doesn't matter, just the mental intention of stating your birthday? I mean I'm pretty sure the ancient Taoists didn't use the Gregorian Calendar lol.

Edited by The Observer

I assume that our modern calendar is what is meaningful to us in our lives, so these are the numbers that would be significant and useful.

I also like the idea of using numbers like this. I discovered something called 'switchwords' a couple of years ago and have had a number of really amazing, good things happen since using them.

I assume that our modern calendar is what is meaningful to us in our lives, so these are the numbers that would be significant and useful.

I also like the idea of using numbers like this. I discovered something called 'switchwords' a couple of years ago and have had a number of really amazing, good things happen since using them.

Gotcha ;) How does the switchwords thing work? I'm guessing it's words that trigger specific, desired reactions states of mind/events?

It's based on a book written in the 50's by James Mangan called '"The Secret of Perfect Living'. The most powerful switchword that brings together a lot of things is the word 'TOGETHER'. Some of the other words seem odd or unusual. I used TOGETHER and 3 other words as a 'mantra' of sorts, and during that time I had some near-miraculous things happen for me. Is there a connection? How can I know? But I'm a believer.

Anyway, you can google 'switchwords' and find lots of information. Here is a list to start with

Hello,

Very interesting stuff - The mudra that is used here seems to be also known as the Kubera (Hindu god of wealth) mudra, associated with wealth and making positive changes at the material level - Anyone know of the usual time frames for this practice? I'm assuming that you don't have to do this for hours, but anyone have any experiences with a given time frame?

Cheers,

R

"The navel is the beginning point of your earthly life; the point through which your earthly portion of hun, shen, and po is distributed, the entry point of your postnatal jing. While rubbing the kidneys addresses prenatal essence, [this exercise] stakes a firm claim to the portion of you that you came in the world with.

After having rubbed the kidneys over the Ming Men point until they are hot, bring the hands back up to the heart level. With the forearms raised slightly higher than parallel with the ground, press together the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger of each hand.

With the hands in this mudra, close your eyes and count down each number that forms the date of your birth, year, month, and day, in that order, nine times in a row.

For example, if you were born on October 17, 1952, you would repeat "one-nine-five-two-one-zero-one-seven" nine times. Speak these numbers silently in your mind. If you know the exact time of your birth, include the numbers that make up the hours and minutes as well. Only include birth time numbers if you are positive of their accuracy. If not, you are better off leaving them out than guessing.

The person you were born into this world as was created by Heaven and Earth. The moment you were born, the best part of you was born- what is most truly you. Your birth was perfectly timed, generated by that unique blend of Yin and Yang that was specially meant for you. Remember that it's only at the exact moment of your birth that the hun, shen, and po split in two, half to your ren ying and half to your mi ying. The Taoists do not believe that the spirit, soul, or animal spirit are present in the womb-- they appear only at the moment of birth. Your birth numbers represent the exact combination of Yin and Yang forces within you. Concentrating on these numbers puts you in touch with your Original Qi.

The numbers that comprise your time of birth form a powerful personal talisman. If you are experiencing problems, recite your birth date numbers to resolve them. If you are trying to bring better luck into your life, saying them to yourself while in this posture will have a positive effect. There are a number of interconnected reasons for this. First of all, your thumb represents yourself, the first finger represents your mother, and the middle finger represents your father. When we are born into the world, 50% of the Qi involved belongs to our parents. The other 50% is ours alone. By bringing these three fingers together while reciting your birth date, you are strengthening your 50%."

-from 'Qi Gong for Wellness- Increase Your Energy, Vitality, and Longevity with the Ancient 9 Palaces System from the White Cloud Monastery' by Dr. Baolin Wu and Jessica Eckstein

Well, you say it nine times. I would imagine doing it once daily with the mudra, then probably I will say it silently to myself throughout the day without the mudra.

Interesting.

In the Yijin Jing (more external), you keep focused up on your belly.

In the Xisui Jing (more internal), you keep focused lower in your dantian.

And what is the "ren ying" and "mi ying?"

Interesting.

In the Yijin Jing (more external), you keep focused up on your belly.

In the Xisui Jing (more internal), you keep focused lower in your dantian.

And what is the "ren ying" and "mi ying?"

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe one of our TCM practitioners can help us out?

numerology = algorhythms?

So if we include numerical references to things like people, houses, rocks, plants, animals and weather in an algorhythm, do we make better algorhythms than the ones that are modelled upon more limited references?

I tried that "switchword" thing a few times. A bit strange. I did the

"1. Chant "together" 28 times in a rhythm:

TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER,

TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER,

TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER"

part and words did spontaneously appear, but they seemed a bit strange. If I repeated the exercise, another, at first hearing, unrelated word would come up. It occurred to me that this "together together" chant might be a way of taking your subconscious associative "temperature". I'd love to know how it works.

Also, when silently saying the word "together" - there seemed to be a vertical clunky "chi" movement inside my skull. That was way weird. For folks who suggest not running "chi" in their brains, this one might be one to take a miss on. I dunno.

At what point do you reckon you "need" to intercept and select words? If you've gotten to the point where "monkey mind" is pretty much silent, do you need to go further and start fishing around for more stuff? If so, to what end?

Thanks for your ideas!

I just played around with various combinations and used TOGETHER - EASE - DIVINE and (ELATE and CANCEL) as a mantra, repeating it silently over and over, all day, for months, 4 words, alternating ELATE and CANCEL as the last word, in order to counteract a very negative event that happened (CANCEL) and for good to come out of a negative situation (ELATE). Kinda strange, but let me tell you, the outcome poured forth one near-miracle, as well as many good things coming out of that negative situation (that continues to unfold postitively several years later in ways that I shake my head in wonder).

I just picked out those words after reading the 'meanings' associated with them and was clinging to the notion that they would work, and then I began to believe that switchwords had an effect and it seemed they became more powerful as my belief in them increased. I said them as I was falling asleep and waking up and all day long to myself, as the negative situation was very bad. Can't really say much more, other than choose a your words and then just go for it. I probably wouldn't have put so much into them except that it was almost like 'praying' that things would turn around and I had nothing else in my power to do.

"Together" is right and the year 2011 is special. If you add the age you turn this year and the number formed by the last two digits of your year of birth (e.g., you are turning 32 in 2011, you were born in 1979, 32+79=111) --

everybody will get 111

:ninja:

"Together" is right and the year 2011 is special. If you add the age you turn this year and the number formed by the last two digits of your year of birth (e.g., you are turning 32 in 2011, you were born in 1979, 32+79=111) --

everybody will get 111

:ninja:

Weird. Thanks Taomeow!

I just played around with various combinations and used TOGETHER - EASE - DIVINE and (ELATE and CANCEL) as a mantra, repeating it silently over and over, all day, for months, 4 words, alternating ELATE and CANCEL as the last word, in order to counteract a very negative event that happened (CANCEL) and for good to come out of a negative situation (ELATE). Kinda strange, but let me tell you, the outcome poured forth one near-miracle, as well as many good things coming out of that negative situation (that continues to unfold postitively several years later in ways that I shake my head in wonder).

I just picked out those words after reading the 'meanings' associated with them and was clinging to the notion that they would work, and then I began to believe that switchwords had an effect and it seemed they became more powerful as my belief in them increased. I said them as I was falling asleep and waking up and all day long to myself, as the negative situation was very bad. Can't really say much more, other than choose a your words and then just go for it. I probably wouldn't have put so much into them except that it was almost like 'praying' that things would turn around.

I would add that I gave it so much because I didn't have anything else in my power to affect the situation.

I would add that I gave it so much because I didn't have anything else in my power to affect the situation.

Interesting story. Thank you!

The switchword idea is awesome. I think it's used quite often by the media to subtly persuade the masses.

Much better when applied for our own personal benefit.