Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Studying and practicing Bodri's opus

I finally got "How to measure and deepen your spiritual realization". After skiming through a couple hundred pages I realized this is going to take some time.

I have finals this week but was thinking if others are interested we could review each chapter-week by week- and offer any insights or experiences we might have with the corresponding teachings and practices. The first couple chapters involve alot of philosophy and backround of the very premise behind enlightenment and practice and the later chapters move into the different methods as such.

This all goes with the assumtion of course that atleast a few of you have already bought and have been studying the material. However, maybe those of you that haven't may find this a good time to get it so we can go over and analyze this important book.

After all, if this information is true and truely reveals how every spiritual path/religion is just different language for the same thing it is defiently somehting worth checking out. As I for one have always seen Buddhism and Taoism voer here..Christianity and Islam, etc "over there" .A compelling and scientific explanation of how these paths all corespond to eachother with specific practices is very welcome.

Let me know. If there is interest we can begin next week if that's ok.

I think this is a great idea and I would really love to get involved with this discussion but I probably can't afford the $100 at all this month. I'll see if I can scrape some cash together but it probably won't be until after the holidays. :(

Didn't someone mention Bodri said you could pass on his work to ONE other person? I wouldn't mind doing it only if that is really what he said.

Of course it would be better if you could get it yourself.

Also, I am not against putting in some money to help you buy it for doing such a good job with the website. If 3 other people are interested I will gladly donate $25 to the "Sean $100 Bodri book fund".

Also, I am not against putting in some money to help you buy it for doing such a good job with the website. If 3 other people are interested I will gladly donate $25 to the "Sean $100 Bodri book fund".

I'm flattered by the offer. Thanks Cameron. I can afford $25 of it so if we can find another $50 on top of your $25 I'm good to go. :D

If we do come up with the money for my copy, I will first confirm with Bodri if it's actually ok to loan a single copy of his E-books out, and if it is I will print mine out and donate it to Taobums.

Sean.

Sounds like a plan. Just need 2 more people and we can begin our study of this work.

Unless any of our friends from NY that know Bodri personally get word that it is ok to give a copy of his work to a fellow seeker.

My guess is I will end up buying all of his works at some point.

Now, time to study for finals!

Put me down for $25. (If you can share it, I'd love to get a copy of it or see it on the sight, but I'll send you the $25 regardless). Just let me know how to get it to you.

spyrelx

Put me down for $25. (If you can share it, I'd love to get a copy of it or see it on the sight, but I'll send you the $25 regardless). Just let me know how to get it to you.

Really appreciate that Spyrelx. You and anyone else can donate money to Taobums through the Paypal link down the bottom or from repeatedly clicking the Google ads from different internet connections in your neighborhood and local library. ;)

But Spyrelx, I'm gonna feel really bad if you toss $25 my way but you yourself don't have a copy while we are going through the study. Because the thing is like 700 pages long, it's going to take awhile to get through it. I am going to donate it to the Taobums lending library (after checking with Bodri) but it'll cost around $50 to print.

Hey, lend what you can, but don't lend anything if it will prevent you from getting your own copy soon for the group study. I can probably scrape the extra together.

Thanks again!

Sean.

Sean,

I am not seeing the paypal link at the bottom. Send me your email and I'll paypal you $50 along with spyrelx $25 and your $25 you'll be good.

Look forward to study and practice of the text.

Cam

Sean,

I am not seeing the paypal link at the bottom. Send me your email and I'll paypal you $50 along with spyrelx $25 and your $25 you'll be good.

Look forward to study and practice of the text.

Try now. I set TaoBumsMerit style as the default. (This style includes Google ads, Amazon search bar, and the Paypal link all which I hope will help defray hosting costs, save up for better forum software, purchase materials for donation to lending library, etc.)

I wish I could continue to convey how appreciative I am of this generosity with out sounding repetitive and sappy. Thank you. :)

Looking forward to studying.

Sean.

spyrelx

NO, SPYRRELLIXX NO! NOOOOOOOOOO! SPYRRELLIX NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN WITH SPYRRELLIXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPYRELLIX:

fuglyelvis.jpg

You've been paypaled. Let the study begin(After I finish finals)

Received your payment Cameron. Thank you so much!

And check your email. :)

Sean.

You've been paypaled. Let the study begin(After I finish finals)

Received your payment Cameron. Thank you so much!

And check your email. :)

Sean.

BUM MASTER, DO YA HAVE A PO BOX OR SOME SNAIL MAIL ADDRESS FOR ME TO SEND YA SOME CASH DA OLD-FASHIONED WAY? IF SO SEND ME A PRIVATE OK?

YER TRULY,

RONNIETSU MAHALINGAM

Sean,

Just sent $25 via pay pal. Never used pay pal before, so hopefully it got through. Happy reading.

spyrelx

Just sent $25 via pay pal. Never used pay pal before, so hopefully it got through. Happy reading.

Got it! Thank you!

And now I have the book. Finishing chapter two right now. :)

Thanks again to everyone who donated! Looking forward to the group study next week.

Sean.

Sign in to follow this