Sign in to follow this  
sifusufi

Google ads way too invasive

No matter what I search or post on Tao Bums

The Sphincter Google police feel my every fetish...

If I knew how to post a screen shot I would. But I can copy and paste.

Whatever topic I am on they find a way to weasel in.:ph34r:

How To Do Energy Healing? Learn How to Rapidly Heal Yourself Get Your Free Report Now... www.SilvaMindBodyHealing.com

Meet Singles In Chicago Find Singles Of Similar Interest & Attend Our Events. Join Us Today! www.HighLifeAdventures.com

Brazilian Woman Marriage Browse 100s Brazil Women Profiles. Find your Perfect Match & Marry! AmoLatina.com

Violet Flame St Germain

Online energy attunement courses for healing & spiritual development

mayastar.net/violet_

I made a post about Brazil and capoeira earlier, I was at the Taoist Alchemy book section when these came up, I am feeling big brother is a bully.

I guess I don't have to look at them, just like the politically correct "Face Pollution" billboards of the U.S. roadways.

Peace out

Hi,

Did you mean to post this in the Book Club - I can move it to Tech Support if you want.

Apech

PS. I don't get google ads - maybe cos I'm on Firefox with adblock not sure.

Hi,

Did you mean to post this in the Book Club - I can move it to Tech Support if you want.

Apech

PS. I don't get google ads - maybe cos I'm on Firefox with adblock not sure.

It's just where I was when I felt the need to... well... vent.

It's not just a Tao Bums thing and makes me wonder who's looking and how much.

Go ahead if you see fit

Thanks

PS. You dropped the 7?

I'll admit it's a bit funny seeing the magus and opening the dragon gate from amazon all the time.

Then again.. Yeah it's a kind've spyware that's responsible for this.

guys.. Firefox with Adblock!

Yes I think that's the answer - I checked with my other browser (Safari) and I do get annoying adds. So Firefox with adblock ... that is our new mantra!

P.S. yes I dropped the 7 it was very 2010 I thought.

PPS. I am going to move this to tech support its not really a Book Club thing.

Regarding FF add-ons and internet security, I suggest using "noscript" too. Download the white list and it will block google analytics, quantserve and other corporate spying programs. Although it does also block most of the web 2.0 fanciness, you can still manually allow certain scripts with ease.

re: IBA Opt-out (by Google) - Version: 1.0

KananJan 25, 2011

ok, in case anyone else was wondering. The reason it's a plugin and not just a cookie is that it's an active process. The plugin doesn't actually disable the tracking cookie process. Instead it monitors all cookies as they are added and then removes them if they are from doubleclick.net. It is constantly clearing these cookies as they are added.

I'm not sure why they went this way, as opposed to just having a "Don't track me" cookie.

The site states: "The plugin lets you keep your opt-out status for this browser even when you clear all cookies." That is correct, but why not just have the plugin re-add the "Don't track me" cookie instead of looping though what could be tens of thousands of cookies, each time a new one is added.

But their process, although inefficient, is effective. At least for Chrome.

Thanks Leif (I use Chrome)

Sign in to follow this