fiveelementtao

Practice and Perserverance Reaps Rewards

That was cute.

(But now the kid has a delusion it will have to deal with later. Hehehe.)

Absolutely! It can only be a matter of time before he joins us at the Taobums in his endless pursuit of the tao, the self and the force :lol:

Not overly creative, but potentially effective by hijacking a pop culture theme.

There is that one VW commercial with the guy in the bar and the ruler (if you know which one I mean), and I found that quite funny. There was another kind of VW ad here that went like this: 'The new VW Golf - can also go straight now.' A coworker told me he found it hilarious and that he understood it. That the car can do so many things, it can also go straight. But hey ... "NOW"?! That means that until now, that piece of junk couldn't even go straight. ^_^ Which shows that some marketing people are too dumb to understand the concept of humor. :rolleyes: (Is that sad or funny? :lol: ) I guess when something is not funny in a certain way, you can even 'understand' that. It's just a matter of likemindedness.

Adding to the unintentional ironic fun was a certain picture that appeared on the WWW around that time and probably belonged to the same weird ad campaign:

The new Golf: Enters bends and now also exits them.

der_neue_golf.jpg

Edited by Hardyg

"Which shows that some marketing people are too dumb to understand the concept of humor. :rolleyes: (Is that sad or funny? :lol: )"

It's the "Emperor's new clothes" thing. Happens all the time :)

It's the "Emperor's new clothes" thing. Happens all the time :)

Wow, yes, that's the perfect and concise way of saying what I tried to express!