ralis

Max Theon and The Mother Mira Alfassa

Anyone know much about Max Theon? Info is hard to find. I first read about him in one of her books.

Now that is a somewhat obscure and interesting person to inquire about. What prompts your interest ralis, if I may ask?

The Mother learned things from Max and his wife that she did not discuss in much detail. I always felt that if I understood Theon, I would have a more complete understanding of Aurobindo and The Mother. It has been said they were in some way continuing his work.

To understand him better you would probably have to read the french journals that the Theon couple published before the demise of Alma(his wife; real name was presumably Mary Chrystine Woodroffe Ware)

As far as I know, the doctrine(that allegedly stemmed from his wife)is laid out in six volumes entitled "La Tradition Cosmique". There were also journals under the general heading of "Revue cosmique" between the years 1902 and 1908.

To understand him better you would probably have to read the french journals that the Theon couple published before the demise of Alma(his wife; real name was presumably Mary Chrystine Woodroffe Ware)

As far as I know, the doctrine(that allegedly stemmed from his wife)is laid out in six volumes entitled "La Tradition Cosmique". There were also journals under the general heading of "Revue cosmique" between the years 1902 and 1908.

Any translations?

I am afraid that it is stated on several places on the web that so far, both of them are only available in french.

The best I could find is the outline presented here

This quote, which I took from the article, caught my eye because I originally assumed that this was yet another branch of the Egyptian craze that was/is so popular since Blavatsky/R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz

"The apparent similarity between Egyptian and Hindu names and doctrines does not constitute proof that Egypt received from India, but rather shows that their major respective teachings derive from the same original source, which is neither Egypt, nor India, but the Western Island that no longer exists."
Edited by Medhavi

What fascinates now is A.H. Almaas linking what Aurobindo calls the Supermind to the Diamond Guidance

http://www.ahalmaas.com/Glossary/d/diamond_consciousness.htm

In a recent interview, Almaas disclosed - in a very down to earth manner, without the "woo-woo" of other "lineage meta-narratives", that this unfolding is 10.000 years old...

all of this fascinating,...these days I resonate very much with this "transpersonal cognitive" approach (more than all the colourful side of lineages, "spiritual entitlements" and what not...):

"If you follow the truth, you will get to deeper and more objective truth. And if... you keep following the truth, you will get to the deepest and the ultimate truth, the Absolute. That is why we always emphasize the truth. If you seek anything else, you might not get to the Absolute. If you seek anything that is not truth, you will get the thing you seek. But if you seek truth and you really want the truth, the truth will be revealed to you. So our perspective here is that we work on all kinds of things. We work on personal things, practical things, day to day things. Ultimately we work on these things not for their own sake, but to follow the truth to ultimate reality. What will ultimately satisfy you is the truth. You might not believe me in the beginning, but that doesn't matter. You will find out on your own if you truly follow the track of truth.

When I say that our orientation is to follow truth all the way to the ultimate truth, I mean that the inner journey transcends life and death. When we talk about the ultimate or absolute truth, we don't mean some kind of mysterious thing someplace. In the beginning it might appear that the truth is some kind of distant, mysterious, unknowable thing, maybe at the depth of your heart or at the center of the universe. But the truth is everywhere and is everything. When you realize the absolute truth, you realize everything is the truth. You cannot see that until you realize the Absolute, its reality and its purity. Then you realize there is nothing else. You forget about spiritual experience. You are not spiritual anymore. You become thisworldly instead of otherworldly. You realize that the world is the Absolute. Everything you see is the spirit, the Absolute. There is nothing else."

Inexhaustible Mystery, A.H.Almaas

Edited by Ulises