Fireblood

Cooling energy...

Hi all, it's good to be back on these forums with all the cool discussions. I've done so much since I've been away. And I'll be sharing some of what I came across on my personal practice discussion. It would be good to have other opinions about it. (But I haven't posted about that there, yet).

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a right direction. I've been doing chi kung mainly based on Mantak Chia's system and I'm running very hot energy at the moment. It feels very dense/substantial and it is very hot. I know there is a way to keep the energy levels and cool them down at the same time but I don't know how to do that, yet.

So in short does anyone know how to cool off the energy? (I don't want it to enter my skull until it is a lot cooler). Anyone doing the work with the KAP folk had this issue? Workarounds?

I've run cold energy by accident once before so I know what it feels like, I just can't get it back.

If anyone knows how to run cool/cold energy and can show me how to replicate it then PM me and I'm willing to exchange an equally powerful technique for 'stopping the world' (originally based on yaqui concepts).

kind regards, Fireblood.

Embrace the tree, gentle abdominal breathing - and keep the huiyin gentle too. natural ab breath is more calming & regulating, so if you're trying to cool down then reverse is not necessarily the more efficacious strategy :) It is a matter of kan & li - if you've been studying chia's materials, have you studied that yet?

Roll your tongue up like a straw and long slow breaths in & out.

Soak your gonads in ice water.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'll practice those techniques and see where they lead to.

Gonads in ice water. Yikes! It's cold here in the UK, the wind feels almost Arctic. After posting yesterday I used buckets of cold water for cold water dousing, straight out the tap, and that cooled my whole system down. Feeling better today.

Trunk, I had another look at your AT website and the info about emphasis on the lower centres, especially the core, gave me some ideas. I'm going to spend some time on the core for a while. And then maybe look more into variations of the lesser kan/li before I do anything else.

This practice was given to me in meditation when I was asking for relief from similar symptoms. It is a very cooling and balancing practice for me. Hope it is helpful..

• Like 1

Hi all, it's good to be back on these forums with all the cool discussions. I've done so much since I've been away. And I'll be sharing some of what I came across on my personal practice discussion. It would be good to have other opinions about it. (But I haven't posted about that there, yet).

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a right direction. I've been doing chi kung mainly based on Mantak Chia's system and I'm running very hot energy at the moment. It feels very dense/substantial and it is very hot. I know there is a way to keep the energy levels and cool them down at the same time but I don't know how to do that, yet.

So in short does anyone know how to cool off the energy? (I don't want it to enter my skull until it is a lot cooler). Anyone doing the work with the KAP folk had this issue? Workarounds?

I've run cold energy by accident once before so I know what it feels like, I just can't get it back.

If anyone knows how to run cool/cold energy and can show me how to replicate it then PM me and I'm willing to exchange an equally powerful technique for 'stopping the world' (originally based on yaqui concepts).

kind regards, Fireblood.

This is very easy. Quit posting as "Fireblood", re-register under the name "Coldblood" and post three times. That should do the trick.

Or ask your teacher. Since you say you are studying Chia's system why not ask him?

• Like 1

Go and seek the advice of a local TCM practitioner; who knows what sort of Qi stagnation you have caused to yourself by following written practices available to everyone via books and online sources.

G'luck.

:)

Go and seek the advice of a local TCM practitioner; who knows what sort of Qi stagnation you have caused to yourself by following written practices available to everyone via books and online sources.

G'luck.

:)

Good advice.

"..you have caused to yourself by following written practices available to everyone via books and online sources"

And of course here is the problem. It happens over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Find a real teacher is the best advice anyone can get.

Thanks again to everyone who responded with useful ideas. This is a cool forum.

The energy levels are fine and I can dissipate the excess quite easily now. I do not however want to dissipate the energy. I have run cool energy before and I know there's a way to do it. Most methods I've come across for cooling the energy seem to help cool the physical body but not the energy itself. I guess I'll have to 'keep playing'.

Personally I've found that self-discovery yields the best results as long as a person is careful, keeps notes and can reproduce their results. I tried to learn tummo from a few people but they didn't know what they were on about and their techniques produced as much heat as a lump of wood. After that I read everything I could find and then watched all the videos I could find online. Finally I experimented after reading Garma's translation of Naropa (Philipine edition), the technique was hidden in the transmission about vases etc. I didn't work it out until I experimented myself. Tummo is the basic start for other work IMHO. Minimalistically speaking, what really caused the effect? What can we strip away from all the fluff people added? That's how doc morris used to create models for what he used.

BTW nowhere have I stated that Mantak Chia is my teacher. Years ago I used to be in email contact with Dr Glenn Morris who was different because he was open with his knowledge but I haven't seen anyone like that around for a while. I'm not a 'guru' person.

And thanks for all the replies because I learnt something from all of them.

----------

@Trunk

The breaths do cool the inside of the body and dissipate physical heat. They also helped to make the energy more insubstantial. I'll use the rolled tongue breath for a while and see what happens if and when it does. I'm quite gullible sometimes so if that technique was a joke, I still tried it. I couldn't bring myself to put my gonads on ice but I have been dousing with ice cold water, which has helped in the same way as the breathing.

Regards,

Fireblood

I tried to learn tummo from a few people but they didn't know what they were on about...

BTW nowhere have I stated that Mantak Chia is my teacher.

"...I've been doing chi kung mainly based on Mantak Chia's system"

You practice his system but he is not your teacher... I understand now.

"...I've been doing chi kung mainly based on Mantak Chia's system"

You practice his system but he is not your teacher... I understand now.

@Ya Mu

That's right, I did not state that he's my teacher. You inferred it from what I wrote. In addition I have a different definition of teacher. My definition could be wrong but I've given up debating every little thing in forums. You're probably right.

Thanks for your input Ya Mu.

@All

I'm still open to ideas. Please feel free to add your experiences so that I and others can learn from them.

O.K thanks all and to Shaktimama.

I got it, it's icy cool.

I need to narrow it down though. In order I tried:

Testicular breathing.

Five gates breathing.

And reversing the orbit.

And all three at once, which seems to accelerate it.

The strange thing is I can mainly feel it in vessels to the right and left of the spine.

Regards,

Fireblood.

@Ya Mu

That's right, I did not state that he's my teacher. You inferred it from what I wrote. In addition I have a different definition of teacher. My definition could be wrong but I've given up debating every little thing in forums. You're probably right.

Thanks for your input Ya Mu.

@All

I'm still open to ideas. Please feel free to add your experiences so that I and others can learn from them.

There is nothing to debate. It doesn't matter what your definition of a teacher is. A teacher either IS or IS NOT. And you posted with a problem and the suggestion to seek a teacher doesn't agree with you. There has been, on this forum, post after post of problems created when a person just starts practicing something they don't understand (and don't come back and say you do understand for if you did you would never had created the post or had the problem) - from a book, yet doesn't acknowledge that the teacher's input is needed. Yes perhaps a large part of that problem is the authors who make it so, but it is perpetuated by the blind leading the blind.

You say you are open to ideas but the idea of actually learning, unless it fits into your concept, is nothing you wish to do. A good teacher could instantly help you. At least consider taking the poster's advice of finding a good TCM doctor who has studied these concepts for a very long time.

There is nothing to debate. It doesn't matter what your definition of a teacher is. A teacher either IS or IS NOT. And you posted with a problem and the suggestion to seek a teacher doesn't agree with you. There has been, on this forum, post after post of problems created when a person just starts practicing something they don't understand (and don't come back and say you do understand for if you did you would never had created the post or had the problem) - from a book, yet doesn't acknowledge that the teacher's input is needed. Yes perhaps a large part of that problem is the authors who make it so, but it is perpetuated by the blind leading the blind.

You say you are open to ideas but the idea of actually learning, unless it fits into your concept, is nothing you wish to do. A good teacher could instantly help you. At least consider taking the poster's advice of finding a good TCM doctor who has studied these concepts for a very long time.

Thanks for taking the effort to post your advice Ya Mu, I appreciate each response and consider it too.

This practice was given to me in meditation when I was asking for relief from similar symptoms. It is a very cooling and balancing practice for me. Hope it is helpful..

Thanks fiveelementtao. I'll try this too and see how it works out.

I need to settle with what I've already tried thats working. What I'll do is give it some time and then try this and compare it.

Fireblood.

Hello

What about the obvious techniques of the six healing sounds, which are wery coling and ballancing.

I myself practise from the Mantak Chia system, but I have the opposite problem of a cold body, but somethimes the energies got realy hot. This is explained to me by my TCM doctor in this way: I have had Yang qi defiency for a long time and that also create a yin defiency. To litle yin makes me hot when stressed.

During these hot symtoms I get much better by doing just a few of every of the six healing sounds exercises.

I wonder what happens to you when you do six healing sound? Does it help any?

FD