Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

Limitations

Along my own path of spiritual evolution alot of my transformation has been done without meditation...correction, without the stereotypical cross-legged, concentration meditation. I've racked my brain for answers to age old questions, over and over with new perspectives and ideas and theories. Very stressful on the mind but I notice that it's like throwing balls(thoughts/ideas) at a velcro wall(consciousness, mind), only the profound truths have stuck. Over the years of questioning things eventually certain things are weeded out and the consistents are left and once observed further truth is found.

HOWEVER Through my personal evolution I've noticed the one thing that's helped me is my affinity for change. I took to Kunlun like a fat kid to chocolate and through such practices have noticed ALOT of change. I opened even further to possibilities and alternate realities and through all this I've noticed that alot of us get trapped in limitation, we get trapped in limited beliefs because we aren't open to change a certain aspect of ourselves. For example my practices and life seem to be heading towards a food-free lifestyle with little to no sleep, thats just how things are evolving. Now normally if one were to stop eating because all of a sudden because their intuition is telling them to, their mind would get in the way and say "this isn't normal" or "this can't be healthy" because they're still trapped in the dogma from people of average consciousness. Thus they would override their own evolutionary process, fight against it.

This is just a personal example of mine. but I want others to share their insights about limitation. What limiting beliefs have you overcome in the past? What limiting factors can you perceive in your life now? What are your thoughts on what limits other people?

Thanks,

-Astral

Hi Astral,

Nice topic and one have have to deal with reglarly because of my philosophy and because I am a skeptic.

I like believing that I am a free thinker. That is, I enjoy entertaining thoughts of nearly anything. However, I also enjoy challenging my thoughts to see how well I can support them in my manifest world.

This is always the limiter. Is my thought valid and something useful to me in my life.

I have stated before that while I am in my own world (on my property) I have certain illusions and delusion. Allowing this allows me a richer and fuller life. However, when I go out into other people's world I leave my illusions and delusions at home. There are different limitations out there.

Sure, it would be nice if we didn't need to eat and sleep. Is that realistic though? I think not. It is not consistent with what I observe in nature.

So I ask myself a question: "Is this good for my life overall?" My answer will determine what limitations I apply to whatever. However, if I ask, "Will this cause me to feel good for the moment but yet add nothing to my life overall?" I just might remove my limitations and go for it.

Sign in to follow this