Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Kirtan and Bliss

Who here is a fan of Kirtan? For those of you who do not know what it is, its chanting to hindu gods with traditional Indian isntruments at a yoga studio, I have been to two at two different places. Both times I went into a deep state of bliss, in and out of it.

Yesterday at the Kirtan, some of us exploded into dance. I was doing qigong for about a quarter of the time. It was a greatly powerful experience.

Ill not that it was 2 hours long. Most powerful about the experience was that I did sitting meditation, then standing, then sitting again, then dancing, sitting qigong, standing again, sitting meditation, standing...you get the point. Switching positions like this is really powerful, I find, for opening the chi flow, esp. when doing dance and sitting meditation/inner visions...not to mention the AMAZING live music about water and fire...

I love Kirtan. I remember the first time I experienced it ... in a big group of people chanting in a large Yoga studio with really great acoustics, it was so beautiful and powerful. Very blissful. I have a few mp3s I listen to from time to time as well. I want to to eventually joint a local Kirtan chanting group at some point ... really raises my bhakti.

Sign in to follow this