cmpunk50

Five Tibetian Rites

From the book "Eye of Revelation" by Peter Keldar (also known as Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth). There are five rights or exercises that you are suppose to practice, and this is suppose to open up your chakras. Does anyone have any experience with these exercises? If so, how did you feel afterwards?

From the book "Eye of Revelation" by Peter Keldar (also known as Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth). There are five rights or exercises that you are suppose to practice, and this is suppose to open up your chakras. Does anyone have any experience with these exercises? If so, how did you feel afterwards?

Haven't practised this, but did look into it a while back. This was the best video i found. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OyiHQRpY0Y

Whoops. A lot of people saying these are not the 5 tibetans on the video comments. :blush:

Edited by bamboo

Hi cmpunk50,

I used to practice these for years before getting into internal martial arts. The 5 rites is a great way to start the day and also works great against back-pain as it exercises and strengthens many of the muscles in the back and torso.

I still do them on and off if I need some complementary stretches to whichever IMA forms or qigong I am working on.

Will any such exercise "open up your chakras" - well, some might argue that - IMHO it certainly gives you a nice light workout and a good stretch and as such would open up what many Taoists consider bodily meridians. Some people like to emphasize such benefits more than others. I think everybody agrees that such an allround strech is good for you regardless of what your your next task might be. If done prior to meditation, desk work, or monotonous work it helps against pain from being in a static position.

Remember that the most important thing is not so much whether you choose this set of of whole-body exercises or some other - the important thing is that you stick to it day in and out over several months. This way you will really realize the benefits as you get better and better at the exercise and begin to realize how wonderful it is to work out those inner torso muscles that you never knew existed.

Happy training! :)

Yea I practice them as well. I don't how they work in technical energetic terms but they certainly are better than hatha yoga poses. In fact I would like to learn more Tibetan yoga which I believe is still concealed to monks rather than adding the five rights to the end of my hatha yoga practice.

Anyways I get a very calm and centered feeling after finishing the 21st spin..it does feel like it might work on the psychic bodies better than other forms of yoga.

I never really got into them personally. Although they are quite fun, I always seemed to stop practicing them after a few months. IIRC there were some reports of success with reversing grey hair and I feel that having a body capable of effortlessly doing 21 reps must be good for your health :)

Practiced very irregularly, it worked for me (higher energy).

Original of the book can be obtained from http://jr-books.com/the_eye_of_revelation.html where there is also a couple of interesting articles.

I have just acquired "TIC Practice Session Two - Tantric Five Tibetans" from Tao Semko, where he goes through awareness and visualization for each Tibetan, with the intent to practice every day but have to find the time to go through the video so no comments about it yet.

Btw. on at least one or two "kundalini websites" 5 Tibetans are recommended as either the main practice or one of the possible ways to awaken the kundalini.

I used to. Periodically.Together with a particular set of strictly performed hatha yoga practises given me by my teacher.

Perhaps these paved the road for the kundalini.

These days I enjoy nei gong, ashtanga and the fruits of breath combined with my body's natural reflectiveadjustment movements following practise.

Pardon me me, I didn't realise that this is the book club..

Edited by rain

didn't realise that this is the book club..

It's all good, + we are talking about a book :)

Leif, I would be interested in your experience with Tao's info. I was told that the UMMA tantra material contained the missing key to really getting the most out of T5T but I did not look into it myself.

BTW just in case anyone doesn't know me I am one of Santiago's KAP students. Santi is a partner with Tao Semko + I've also done level 1 KAP with Tao. Both are beautiful people that I really enjoyed learning from.

Leif, I would be interested in your experience with Tao's info. I was told that the UMMA tantra material contained the missing key to really getting the most out of T5T but I did not look into it myself.

I'd have to devote it couple of hours before I can make something useful out of it as with my level of English it takes me a lot of time to grasp the instructions fully, particularly as here they seem a bit compressed - a lot of info in small space.

But I managed to listen to part of CD today on a background. At the beginning Tao says more important than visualization is breath awareness and to follow breath with eyes (closed).

While I was expecting traditional visualizations (eg. Mercier's Chakra book has maybe 2 or 3 hatha yoga exercises almost identical to the Tibetans and she includes visualizations and it's about visualizing colours in chakra areas, something to that extent...) this is more about energy awareness filling up the three dantiens. Inhaling inward, filling the lower dantian, breath and energy spiraling, distributing energy to the dantian on inhale and to the body on exhale, breath pressure and distribution, things like that. For the first exercise for example, it's something along filling the lower dantian as inhaling inward, allowing energy to spin as you spin your body, becoming aware of yourself as center of spinning, rooting yourself to the ground (I'm sure I missed couple of details - this is not the full how-to).

I'm expecting Jenny Lamb's DVD tomorrow and want to go with that first, but if any questions about Tao's 5Ts let me know and I can try to find out.

:D:D

how many cd's to spin?

it's 1 cd (over 1hr) and 1 dvd, from http://smashanpress.com/tic_discs.html#P2

it doesn't contain just the 5T but some other stuff (Five gates breathing for example, which is what Santiago often mentioned here as 5pb Five points breathing)

the intro starts along the line that this "practice no. 2" is about becoming aware of the 3 main subtle energy channels and 3 dantiens

for a dedicated spin-meister, they also have another DVD in practice 7 that has two bits on 5 Tibetans...I think I'm skipping that for the time being, need to start practice instead of growing CD collection :)