zerostao

Erle Montaigue

Some friends turned me on to a video of his back in 1995.

I will never forget the intensity of his fa- jing!

Sorry to hear the circumstances surrounding his passing. So fit and a practitioner to the max!

Kind of resonated with me the same way when Glenn Morris passed on, too young, way too young.

I guess it is unrealistic of me to expect martial artists to live into their 100's with no health problems and be fit.

Rock on Erle!!!

Erle Montaigue RIP, he was great so much free info it was mind blowing coming from him.

he did have a great passion for his arts. and he always found the time to answer anyones questions.just the amount of work he put out is mindblowing. apparently working right up till the end also i think he was the only one to have all 8 of the individual animals baguazhang out for the public. he made everyone feel like family.

Edited by zerostao

I guess it is unrealistic of me to expect martial artists to live into their 100's with no health problems and be fit.

Rock on Erle!!!

It is not unrealistic as long as you have good karma. It is your reason for doing IMA, if you approach it like a mountain-dweller Dao brother then you'll live like some....hundred years old.

My teacher's teacher, a student of Li Ziming is 73 years old and let me tell you, he looks like a 50 year old man, very fit and strong but as gentle and relaxed as a feather, very much like the Daoist ideals of health and longevity.

• Like 2

It is not unrealistic as long as you have good karma. It is your reason for doing IMA, if you approach it like a mountain-dweller Dao brother then you'll live like some....hundred years old.

My teacher's teacher, a student of Li Ziming is 73 years old and let me tell you, he looks like a 50 year old man, very fit and strong but as gentle and relaxed as a feather, very much like the Daoist ideals of health and longevity.

We train for longevity and good health, we rack up time and hopefuly we can live a long time. Diet is very important but quality of life is the most important thing. Move Slowly Cloudhand

gerard, are you a mountain dwelling bgz? i play the bgz out in nature becoz that is what makes me happy. i dont necessarily have longevity as my goal in that. but B) sure i am gonna try to hang out and play as long as i can. i have been around some farmers who smoked, drank, not sure what karma they had. but becoz they stayed in an active lifestyle , they were like 75 very fit, going strong. i do think our choices of lifestyle and practices plays a big role but i also feel genetics and avoiding serious injury is as important. i think that if we have the idea we will be around at 100, still active and fit that will help too. i really think we need to think way beyond 100.i kinda think stress or lack of is as important as the karma thing. just my thoughts.