crispy91

Expelling Sick Chi from healing?

Hi Taobums, I am in a bit of a silly predicament.

My cat had eaten a couple nips from a lily in the house. I had been learning Spring Forest Qigong and I have a little experience working with sword fingers on humans. So I tried it on my cat.

I scanned for his energy and felt the sick chi. I sent him the love and implemented the sword fingers technique. However, once I was done, I was left with the sensation of the sick energy on my two sword finger tips (pointer and middle). I'm not so much worried, but I would really like to know how to safely disperse of this sick chi. This sensation still has not left.

I know it is sick because every time I wave it my cat freaks out, and as I was walking downstairs to let the water take care of the chi, a lady and her dog were walking and I smiled but shook my finger and as I did that the dog barked. May seem silly but basically I'm quite sure that the qi is still there.

I tried asking the water element of the downstairs lake to take this energy away but it hasn't completely left yet, although I did feel a certain watery healing sensation on the fingertips for a few moments.

Just the facts again:

- The cat is 1 year and a few months old.

- He had a few snippets of a Peace Lily leaf, not too much, but I could tell something is up. And Peace Lily's are poisonous to cats if anyone didn't know.

- I tried the sword fingers technique all the way through. Breaking through blockages

- The cat ate the lily a few hours ago but hasn't shown any signs of tiredness of vomiting (yet, at least). He is eating, so apparently he's not badly poisoned. I am still keeping an eye on him though. He seems pretty fine at this point though, it was a few (3-4) hours ago when he ate a few bites of the lily (potentially deadly to cats. poisonous.).

The basic problem is that I can not get the tingling sensation to leave the two fingers of the sword fingers. Is this even a problem?

If anyone knows anything that might help it would be greatly appreciated. I looked for a Spring Forest forum but I couldn't find anything. I may end up contacting spring forest directly, but I'm not so sure that is necessary, I know there must be at least some people here who are familiar with the practice. I know Chunyi Lin was featured here not too long ago.

Should I simply do healing on myself? I am concerned that doing this may spread the energy further. Am I just worrying needlessly? No idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(PS: trust that this is the last time I jump into something like this without total mastery, by the way. Also trust that the lily will no longer be in a place where the cat will get to it. ;) )

I know this may seem pretty silly, but I figure this is the best place to ask something like this.

Thanks

Edited by crispy91

Thanks so much Center! All of those worked wonderfully :)

I immediately experienced a lessening of the sensation with salt water in a bowl. I couldn't do a bath because we don't have a plug, however.

Then I went outside and did some standing meditation and then I put my hand on the Oak tree and WOW! I felt an enormous connection with the tree and felt a lot of energy freeing up and being released (not just from the fingers) as I did that. I also touched the ground for quite some time, did a little sitting meditation and then relaxed in corpse posture with my shirt off in the grass for a while. Then on top of that I did the deep abdominal breathing with the hands crossed.

After that, the effect was mostly gone but there was still a little residue. After that I just decided to take my mind off of it as much as possible for putting attention there would only amplify it, so I played some good music, watched some good videos, and drank a lot of water. And about 30 - 45 mins later the sensation was all gone.

And I am glad to report that the kitty is doing just fine :D

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it. A big thing I learned from this experience was the grounding energy of Earth. I have felt this before but this just reminded me and solidified the importance of grounding in the Earth for me. I think drinking a lot of water and taking a hot/cold shower helped a lot as well.

Thanks again. Ciao!

Thanks so much Center! All of those worked wonderfully :)

I immediately experienced a lessening of the sensation with salt water in a bowl. I couldn't do a bath because we don't have a plug, however.

Then I went outside and did some standing meditation and then I put my hand on the Oak tree and WOW! I felt an enormous connection with the tree and felt a lot of energy freeing up and being released (not just from the fingers) as I did that. I also touched the ground for quite some time, did a little sitting meditation and then relaxed in corpse posture with my shirt off in the grass for a while. Then on top of that I did the deep abdominal breathing with the hands crossed.

After that, the effect was mostly gone but there was still a little residue. After that I just decided to take my mind off of it as much as possible for putting attention there would only amplify it, so I played some good music, watched some good videos, and drank a lot of water. And about 30 - 45 mins later the sensation was all gone.

And I am glad to report that the kitty is doing just fine :D

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it. A big thing I learned from this experience was the grounding energy of Earth. I have felt this before but this just reminded me and solidified the importance of grounding in the Earth for me. I think drinking a lot of water and taking a hot/cold shower helped a lot as well.

Thanks again. Ciao!

Great to hear you're having a good time with SFQ healing. I have been using it on my family for a year now with no negative experiences that I could connect to it. I haven't felt "bad chi" stick to my fingers, I just "shake it" away as I do the healing. I think it's important to do the daily SFQ for health practices though to make sure you're not developing blockages.

This topic caught my attention...

I very much thought that Master Chunyi Lin emphasizes that doing the healing only helps onself/the healer get stronger and healthier as well and that there are no worries about Sick qi etc. as there are in other styles/views.

any insights?

sincerely

Harry

I very much thought that Master Chunyi Lin emphasizes that doing the healing only helps onself/the healer get stronger and healthier as well and that there are no worries about Sick qi etc. as there are in other styles/views.

any insights?

sincerely

Harry

It's true there's no talk about sick chi, just blockages. And you turn the blockage into pieces and then into smoke with the sword fingers. When you pull it out it's smoke so it just blows into the universe. But in SFQ it's emphasized that you should connect with your Master's energy every time you do healing. This way it's not just your personal energy that's involved but the universal love energy that you're connecting to will also help you heal.

any insights?

sincerely

Harry

It's true there's no talk about sick chi, just blockages. And you turn the blockage into pieces and then into smoke with the sword fingers. When you pull it out it's smoke so it just blows into the universe. But in SFQ it's emphasized that you should connect with your Master's energy every time you do healing. This way it's not just your personal energy that's involved but the universal love energy that you're connecting to will also help you heal.

All very true. My experience may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't do any self clearing methods before healing, which I normally do with my friends and family (although there are no problem when I don't). And also maybe the fact that it was a cat, although there are stories of people who have healed their pets with no apparent problems.

Who knows. I also know that I have never experienced anything of the sort with the many times I have done this with humans. A great healing system indeed.

edit:

Also, this time I didn't do as strong an emphasis on the visualization nor the full connection with the Master's energy, although I was partially conscious of it. Overall, I'm sure that if you stick to the method precisely as intended you won't run into any issues. I didn't see anything of the sort of my issue when I was searching online, so it doesn't seem like a common occurrence. Like I said, who knows. I have no idea what it was I experienced but it was nothing major really

And life goes on.. :)

Edited by crispy91

Great to hear, Crispy!

Seems to me that rooting in earth is essential to all energy work, even if you don't feel it at the time. Better to be safe than sorry. In high level qigong, it's better not to feel the energy, because that means it's at it's most refined level. We should never try to contain energy, but always channel it and be a connector from heaven to earth...with no attachment to results. Then, finally, the results come.

About sick qi in SFQ. Master Chunyi Lin advises to focus on your love from the heart, instead of on the person you're healing or on sick energy. This will help alleviate sick qi being picked up by the healer. Why? Because our internal energy changes to what the mind is focused on. When healing, part of the mind will be on a whole other person's energy system...something very foreign to our own, which will require a lot of integration. We should NOT try to become aware of other people's energy...that means we're expanding our aura (projection of the mind) too much. It gets worse when we are contemplating how they have "sick qi" or developing judgments about them, etc. Instead, by focusing most of our mind, within our comfortable ability, on the love in our heart, we are refining the majority of our personal energy to the highest level, which is a grounded form of love.

If a person can't feel love, another option is to think of a really beautiful place in nature, and during the entire healing (which doesn't need to be long) just spend the whole time imagining that place. I prefer to imagine trees, dirt, green grass, etc...because those things are related to the earth and are calming. Visualizing a beautiful place will help uplift and refine your energy. While you're visualizing, I recommend that you maintain awareness of your physical root. Don't cross your legs or do zhan zhuang where you bend your knees to try and increase the qi...just be natural and it flows through you. Shift from side to side to help balance your energy and ground (because, in shifting, the mind will become aware of the roots instead of being off in lala land from visualizing).

Some ideas which I like.

Excellent stuff my friend. Very very helpful. :)

Edited by crispy91

Do a search for much discussion of sick qi. I am not about to repeat everything over and over.

Some points which I am not interested in debating, believe what you wish.

- sick qi is a real and not imagined thing

- Over time, those that manipulate energy, will accumulate sick qi if they do nothing to counteract it. Simply "believe in heart and love" doesn't cut it. These people get very sick. See point 5 below.

- most energy healers that believe in "universal energy is simply available, everything is roses" do not have enough power to actually displace the sick qi; they just move it around and sometimes displace it.

- learning to manipulate energy is, in its own way, as complicated as learning surgery. Would the OP like to perform surgery on his cat? Probably not but one never knows.

- The sentient beings that we call Earth and Trees have accumulated much sick qi due to humanity. There is no need for everyone to add to the problem through ignorance.

- I have personally done medical qigong healing on many (probably well over a hundred)"energy healers" who did not understand sick qi. All of them were very ill and had to quit healing.

- Yes, salt baths do help neutralize sick qi. The truth, however, is that it had already entered the OP's body by the time he posted. The salt helped neutralize the feeling of it which had lingered. Chances are he/she is very young and healthy so really there is no need to worry about this ONE instance.

- If one is interested in actually learning how to safely manipulate energy there are several medical qigong programs available in the US and a very few in China (many less than there were before political climate change). These programs require hands-on instruction (gee, wonder why that is?)

- Yes, people who have never heard of medical qigong or just read a book can have an effect on someone. However,"First do no harm" is a great thing.

- In my program we recommend 3 hrs minimum neigong per day if one is a healer. This helps neutralize the sick qi that inevitably accumulates.

• Like 3

Do a search for much discussion of sick qi. I am not about to repeat everything over and over.

- Over time, those that manipulate energy, will accumulate sick qi if they do nothing to counteract it. Simply "believe in heart and love" doesn't cut it. These people get very sick. See point 5 below.

- most energy healers that believe in "universal energy is simply available, everything is roses" do not have enough power to actually displace the sick qi; they just move it around and sometimes displace it.

- learning to manipulate energy is, in its own way, as complicated as learning surgery. Would the OP like to perform surgery on his cat? Probably not but one never knows.

- The sentient beings that we call Earth and Trees have accumulated much sick qi due to humanity. There is no need for everyone to add to the problem through ignorance.

- I have personally done medical qigong healing on many (probably well over a hundred)"energy healers" who did not understand sick qi. All of them were very ill and had to quit healing.

- Yes, salt baths do help neutralize sick qi. The truth, however, is that it had already entered the OP's body by the time he posted. The salt helped neutralize the feeling of it which had lingered. Chances are he/she is very young and healthy so really there is no need to worry about this ONE instance.

- If one is interested in actually learning how to safely manipulate energy there are several medical qigong programs available in the US and a very few in China (many less than there were before political climate change). These programs require hands-on instruction (gee, wonder why that is?)

- Yes, people who have never heard of medical qigong or just read a book can have an effect on someone. However,"First do no harm" is a great thing.

- In my program we recommend 3 hrs minimum neigong per day if one is a healer. This helps neutralize the sick qi that inevitably accumulates.

I respect your expertise on this one, Ya Mu.

What I would like to know is that if I do a healing once every week or so, and do regular Qigong and emptiness meditation for an hour and a half per day or so, do you still think this sick chi will accumulate? SFQ has been practiced for about a decade in the States already, is it really causing so much problems? This question is something I would like to take to Master Lin himself, let's see if I can do it.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Guest sykkelpump

Maybe I should recommand your program for Chunyi Lin so he can learn the real thing

Maybe I should recommand your program for Chunyi Lin so he can learn the real thing

I commend your LEVEL of sarcasm... you are very good at it.

You would be very surprised to learn who in the qigong and neigong field has attended my classes.

Here is the thing. I keep hearing all this stuff "But Chunyi Lin does this or that." But one thing is for certain, and I don't mean this personally to you but mean all you's that say that; YOU are not Chunyi Lin nor have YOU reached his level of ability to turn sick qi into Light. In FACT, very few have. It is one of the things that is only taught in my program to those that actually achieve this level.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

Guest sykkelpump

I commend your LEVEL of sarcasm... you are very good at it.

You would be very surprised to learn who in the qigong and neigong field has attended my classes.

Here is the thing. I keep hearing all this stuff "But Chunyi Lin does this or that." But one thing is for certain, and I don't mean this personally to you but mean all you's that say that; YOU are not Chunyi Lin nor have YOU reached his level of ability to turn sick qi into Light. In FACT, very few have. It is one of the things that is only taught in my program to those that actually achieve this level.

You are starting to take over after vajrasattva.Using every opportunity to advertise your program.You are very good at it.

I respect your expertise on this one, Ya Mu.

What I would like to know is that if I do a healing once every week or so, and do regular Qigong and emptiness meditation for an hour and a half per day or so, do you still think this sick chi will accumulate? SFQ has been practiced for about a decade in the States already, is it really causing so much problems? This question is something I would like to take to Master Lin himself, let's see if I can do it.

Once a week or so, if you are young and healthy, and you practice qigong that is actually qigong and not just external exercise, should be no problem.

Those that actually study in person with Chunyi Lin should have no problems. I see many who just read the books who do.

I am referring to the art and science of medical qigong. Most who learn this do multiple healings daily.

• Like 1

You are starting to take over after vajrasattva.Using every opportunity to advertise your program.You are very good at it.

My sincere thanks!

Once a week or so, if you are young and healthy, and you practice qigong that is actually qigong and not just external exercise, should be no problem.

Thanks for the reply. Heh this is starting to sound a bit like one of those "how often should I ejaculate" -threads :lol:

Kidding aside, I think you're in the position where you could, or even should, question Master Lin openly about this issue if that's possible. It really seems like nothing to be taken lightly, or I think we should at least hear an explanation to why you two see this issue so differently.

One more thing: I've done "message water" healing for my son and it brought down his fever immediately. Do I accumulate sick chi this way? How about long-distance healing? Sorry to bother you with all these questions, I hope to attend your workshop in the next 5 years :)

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Understood, and thanks. Certainly the last time I try something like this without being properly trained.

Thanks for the reply. Heh this is starting to sound a bit like one of those "how often should I ejaculate" -threads :lol:

Kidding aside, I think you're in the position where you could, or even should, question Master Lin openly about this issue if that's possible. It really seems like nothing to be taken lightly, or I think we should at least hear an explanation to why you two see this issue so differently.

One more thing: I've done "message water" healing for my son and it brought down his fever immediately. Do I accumulate sick chi this way? How about long-distance healing? Sorry to bother you with all these questions, I hope to attend your workshop in the next 5 years :)

Very good. The water method is much safer from the standpoint of sick qi. Don't wish to talk about distance stuff much on this forum.

Understood, and thanks. Certainly the last time I try something like this without being properly trained.

Don't worry about it. You can do it to help your pet in an emergency, just don't start a vet clinic :lol:

Very good. The water method is much safer from the standpoint of sick qi. Don't wish to talk about distance stuff much on this forum.

OK I understand. Thank you even more for this.

BTW it was actually carrot juice I used, I put into it a message "all channels open", and then I remembered that foot/leg channels are often blocked in case of fever so I added "foot channels open". After my son drank the juice he soon said "daddy my feet are sparking!" , then after that "my legs feel cold but it feels good! His fever and muscle pains were gone very quickly.

• Like 2

OK I understand. Thank you even more for this.

BTW it was actually carrot juice I used, I put into it a message "all channels open", and then I remembered that foot/leg channels are often blocked in case of fever so I added "foot channels open". After my son drank the juice he soon said "daddy my feet are sparking!" , then after that "my legs feel cold but it feels good! His fever and muscle pains were gone very quickly.

Yes it works very well. I think that liquid substances like herbs and obviously your carrot juice (related to plant vibration) actually "hold" for much longer than just water. I have a student who manufactures his own brand of dit da jow and he uses this method when bottling. His dit da jow has consistently shown better efficacy than other commercial preparations.

• Like 1

The way I avoid getting sick chi on me (and I did used to have this problem) is that I draw in good chi through my feet while similtaneously projecting it out my palms. This way there is a constant one way flow from me to them and then out through them to the universe so that neither me nor they get sick chi stuck on us.

KK, I loved that story of healing your son. :) On the qi projection in liquids note, what if you allowed the healing qi to go where it needed to go, rather than tell it where to go? Example of command: "Open up blocked areas." Then, it could go wherever it spontaneously wanted/needed to go? Just a thought.

Best to you. :)

Thank you! I can understand my story is appealing to a good hearted woman like you :wub:

"All channels open" or "all blockages open" should be a good enough message to program into the liquid, but if you know where the problem is then it won't hurt to get more specific.