bodyoflight

Yeshe Lama Thogal book?

I've not read much of Paul Foster Case's (founder of B.O.T.A.) writings, but from what I understand they're pretty good. Although when it comes to Kabbalah, Masonry, Rosicrucianism and such, I prefer more the writings of Eliphas Levi, H.P. Blavatsky, Dion Fortune, Manly P. Hall, and Samael Aun Weor.

Haven't read much of William Quan Judge's (Bryan Kinnavan) work either, but it seems pretty good too. I didn't know he was an author on "New Thought" (much less a "self-help" writer). I thought rather that William Quan Judge was more of a classical Theosophist (one of the Theosophical Society's very first members in fact?).

I'm going to have to say probably not on William Quan Judge being a New Thought and/or 'self-help' writer.

Theosophy may have influenced "New Thought" and "Christian Science", but I don't see how the latter two could be directly linked to any real Theosophists such as H.P. Blavatsky, H.S. Olcott, Rudolf Steiner, Franz Hartmann, or William Quan Judge.

I was into some 'self-help' books, 'success' books, NLP books, etc. for a brief period. Not anymore though:

Sarva Mangalam

Ah, you're right, I had books by both William Quan Judge and Theron Q.Dumont and at the time of my last post, I was thinking of Dumont's books about Personal Magnetism, the Solar Plexus, etc. Must be the Q middle initial that did it. It's also been quite a while since I read this stuff, but I am even less fond of Theosophy than the New Thought stuff these days.

It is a Snowlion pub. and they require proof one has had the transmission. I have a copy and it cost me over 100.00 with shipping. A bit too pricey! I loathe the fact that these people still cloak these teachings in such secrecy.

i would like to read yeshe lama.

hey alwayson, thank you for your prompt reply..

some members are already kind enough to offer me some great knowledge through Private Messaging..

I have learnt to always check my Private Messages from now on.. you never know when Santa Claus is gonna call.. LOL..

B)

I don't know how to PM but I would like to talk to always on and/or bodyoflight about yeshe lama, and I am not a black mage or anything of the sort. I am going to enable my email.

Is this the same Lama Yeshe who wrote the "Bliss of Inner Fire"? I am reading that book at the moment and unlike many Buddhist authors Lama Yeshe really seems to understand many of the problems and blockages westerners have so I think he is a good source of teaching.

Is this the same Lama Yeshe who wrote the "Bliss of Inner Fire"? I am reading that book at the moment and unlike many Buddhist authors Lama Yeshe really seems to understand many of the problems and blockages westerners have so I think he is a good source of teaching.

No, it isn't. The author is Jigmed Lingpa (18th century) and the title is ye shes bla ma, if I'm not mistaken.

Mandrake

I already posted it in other place but I believe that these Dzogchen books will interest people here, it's a - removed by moderator

removed by moderator

removed by moderator

removed by moderator

Before the end of december I'll post the - removed by moderator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mod Team

Copyright violation is not permitted.

Please refrain from posting unauthorized links to copy written material or your membership will be terminated.

Thank you for your cooperation

Mod Team Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by steve

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether there are different links to the jpgs mentioned in the post above, since I can't open them somehow. Since I have received Dzogchen pointing-out instructions from a qualified (albeit travelling and hard to get hold of) teacher, I was wondering what the exact names of the empowerments are that one needs to be allowed to get hold of a copy of the Yeshe Lama? I don't expect miracles nor am I chasing after for some cheesy powerful book clichee, but I would very much like to study this text.

Thank you for your help in advance.

All the best,

Winterson

Triyik Yeshe Lama ends with a "colophon", some advice against spreading this knowledge. In truth, it's just a union of three different practices, the most desired is Togal. Togal is a union of visualizations, mantras and body positions. Then you see the sun in a proper manner and can see things, you can "bend" the reality too.

There are some books with Togal knowledge. The advice against this spread (from Yeshe Lama):

"Although I had previously encouraged in this way by people of the holy lineage,

Such as Kongnyön Pawo Wangchug,

The time for spreading the teaching had not yet come

Until the signs were confirmed by the ocean of dakinis."

In the book there is visualizations to purify the six realms (from hell to above), you begin viewing yourself as a hollow person, continues until purify from all illusion and then, to not come back to unpurified realms, you say a mantra. Then begin a series of Guru Yoga practices, some with wrathful deities (or one deity).

Here you can find a free PDF with some Togal instructions:

http://www.rinpoche.com/karmechagme/karmechagmeteaching.pdf

These, like all buddhist literature, are very speculative and abstract, but there some practical use, if you study and really do the meditations. For example, the three jewels are linked to body, speech and mind. After some Trekcho (purification) then you meditate in some parts of your body, some channels, they are called lamps. After purifying your existence in this world of illusion, you proceed to purify the channles and to have a direct experience.

After all this funny things you need to look at the sun (Staring at the Sun by U2 was inspired by Togal?). Then you press your eyes with your fingers. Then you experience the bardo Dharmatta and can go a step above humanity and be do great things and be illuminated.

Other part of this "secret" teachings is P'howa, you can find the complete P'howa in the Web, including Amitayus and all that.

These books has all that you need, you don't need Yehse Lama (a very expensive book), but everyone knows about Usenet. OK! No illegal sharing!

Just read:

Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen - Heart Drops of Dharmakaya

Longchenpa - Dzogchen: The Great Perfection it's a free text here:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/tib/chariot.htm

John Myrdhin Reynolds - The Oral Tradition from Zhang-Zhung

Sam van Schaik - Approaching the Great Perfection (with only a list of chapters from Yeshe Lama plus "colophon")

B. Allan Wallace - Naked Awareness: Practical Instructions on the Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen

B. Allan Wallace - A Spacious Path to Freedom: Practical Instructions on the Union of Mahamudra and Atiyoga

These images - with the texts - will help in real practice of Togal without any teacher or helper (you don't need to waste your money):

http://www.non-dualita.org/?p=61

Direct links to free images:

http://www.non-dualita.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jt_12_31.jpg

http://www.non-dualita.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jt_12_2.jpg

http://www.non-dualita.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jt_12_1.jpg

In many ways Togal and Abramelin are equal, in results.

I found this last comment quite interesting :).

Edit to add: all the links seem to be broken....

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Well, anyway... I would like whatever you people are PMing each other. laugh.gif

Same to me ... PM me text you share "behind" the doors ... ;)

Crap book, just like most books.

I really dont know nothing about this thogal stuff yet ... :ph34r:

Why do you think so?

Does anyone own a copy of "Yeshe Lama" thogal teachings? The cost is 85.00. However, if these teachings are already available in other texts, I will not buy it. I already own "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" and "Dalai Lama's Secret Temple". The price is ridiculously high!

ralis

Keith Dowman made a translation available on Amazon for about $28, not restricted. Buy me a copy for telling about it... Please

Maybe I misunderstand, but if one is not ready they won't understand it anyways, thus self secret. I guess the danger is that they "think" they understand and do something stupid. Right?

Keith Dowman made a translation available on Amazon for about $28, not restricted. Buy me a copy for telling about it... Please

Have you got a link, I can't find it.

Have you got a link, I can't find it.

http://www.amazon.com/Yeshe-Lama-Lingpas-Dzogchen-Atiyoga/dp/1502716224/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416945071&sr=1-1&pebp=1416945074741#reader_1502716224

There was one translated In English which is out of print at the moment called "Instructions on the Six Lamps" available via Vajracakra, does us no good right now, but maybe in the future. I'd rather have http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Cave-Compmendium-Teachings-Practice/dp/B002QBW5RM/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i but so difficult to find.

Edited by caz
  • Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/Yeshe-Lama-Lingpas-Dzogchen-Atiyoga/dp/1502716224/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416945071&sr=1-1&pebp=1416945074741#reader_1502716224

There was one translated In English which is out of print at the moment called "Instructions on the Six Lamps" available via Vajracakra, does us no good right now, but maybe in the future. I'd rather have http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Cave-Compmendium-Teachings-Practice/dp/B002QBW5RM/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i but so difficult to find.

Crystal Cave supposedly available (waiting list apparently) from Rangjung Yeshe Gomde California. 

Some books I buy and can't bring myself to read. 

I had been rejected by the protector gods.

Sometimes we do get a sense when we are not yet ready for something - the wise thing to do is usually to wait - this requires patience, and not many people know how to generate this quality in order to enjoy the fruit appropriately. 

i think the protector deities have looked kindly upon you.  :)