Sign in to follow this  
Ulises

Into Wholeness

I've had the joy of meeting professor Stephen Gallegos. Such a respect of the mystery and beauty of Reality!

I want to share this first-hand cosmological experience by him: pregnant with beautiful numinosity...

"..I then felt myself being whisked off into the cosmos, further and further, beyond the sun, beyond our solar system, beyond the Milky Way. And even further until I was in the edge of the universe, and still further until I was at such vantage point that I could see the universe in its entirety. I was stunned by what I saw: the universe was alive! And it was a single organism of awesome complexity, but whole and totally integrated. I recognized that it was still in the stage of its early development, comparable to a fetus, still differentiating the various aspects of itself. I saw how everything that exists, including me and every being was a part of that awesome being. We were aspects of its components just like the various parts of own our being are aspects of who we are. I saw that everything that exists is part of a greater whole and that the whole requires every part in order to be fully who it is. Every part is essential. And out of this a harmony ensues. (...)

The profound and mysterious complexity of the Universe accompanies me to this day, its unity, its aliveness, and the impossibility of ever expressing in words haunts me. Every aspect of the Universe, including us, has a place of relationship with it. We are perhaps the only beings who think that we are somehow independent, not realizing that our most profound task is to remain aligned with the Universe, in relationship with this awesome, vast being. And that our own wholeness is vital for the wholeness of the Universe. And only in this way do we ultimately come to experience our own place of belonging in the Universe."

Into Wholeness: The Path of Deep Imagery

Eligio Stephen Gallegos PhD

http://www.futureprimitive.org/2011/01/stephen-gallegos-the-path-of-deep-imagery/

Edited by Ulises

Sign in to follow this