sifusufi

Blizzard Tao of the Midwest

Looks like the shelves here will be empty soon :mellow:

Never have seen the store parking lots so full on a Monday evening.

No fear I have a snow shovel and candles!

So the midwest will be roughing it for a while eh? Haven't had to survive without electricity for a while.

Will this be the blizzard of the century?

Lots of loving protective energy to all. Mother nature can be a real bear!

Only 18" predicted for tonight with 40 mph winds

See ya in a couple days weather permitting

Edited by sifusufi

Looks like the shelves here will be empty soon :mellow:

Never have seen the store parking lots so full on a Monday evening.

So the midwest will be roughing it for a while eh? Haven't had to survive without electricity for a while.

Will this be the blizzard of the century?

Lots of loving protective energy to all. Mother nature can be a real bear!

Only 18" predicted for tonight with 40 mph winds

See ya in a couple days weather permitting

Ya. It Feels like winter isn't ending (I like the cold, just saying).

I sense alot... of shoveling.

I sense alot... of shoveling.

Haha!

Blizzards can be fun...hope this one is good. I hope everyone stays safe and maybe goes outside to enjoy it for a bit.

Haha!

Blizzards can be fun...hope this one is good. I hope everyone stays safe and maybe goes outside to enjoy it for a bit.

Lol driving in the winter can be fun if you're a good driver, or have one.

Drifting is an awesome game.. only with real concsequences :P

but ya stay safe :D

I used to go to a big parking lot and do 180s in my car.

...then the transmission broke. :lol:

Haha Awesome.

well done.

i meditated through a blizzard a few weeks ago. now my area is experiencing moderate temperatures, gentle rainfall, and a beautiful mist has enveloped us full of rainbows. :) We had a thunder storm yesterday

I live in the south though.

I worry about my Ohio trees, Indiana.

There's so much ice on them right now the branches are hanging way down.

I just hate it when that happens.

But don't you just love it when a bright white snow covered hill is contrasted with the dark grey sky right behind it? What a horizon, it makes my heart jump.

Or the little diamonds in the snow when the sun first comes out?

Or the tiny little tangled twigs in the bushes that all have frost on them. So intricate.

Or the wonderful bright red cardinal sitting on that snowy pine?

This is the first winter I've allowed myself to enjoy it since we moved to Ohio four years ago. The last 3 years I was afraid of it; afraid we'd get stuck, afraid we'd run out of heating oil, afraid I'd fall on the sidewalk, afraid, afraid, afraid.

This year the fears seem to have lifted, and in their place is a magical kingdom that I can't seem to get enough of. I know, I know....ask me again in March.

I worry about my Ohio trees, Indiana.

There's so much ice on them right now the branches are hanging way down.

I just hate it when that happens.

But don't you just love it when a bright white snow covered hill is contrasted with the dark grey sky right behind it? What a horizon, it makes my heart jump.

Or the little diamonds in the snow when the sun first comes out?

Or the tiny little tangled twigs in the bushes that all have frost on them. So intricate.

Or the wonderful bright red cardinal sitting on that snowy pine?

This is the first winter I've allowed myself to enjoy it since we moved to Ohio four years ago. The last 3 years I was afraid of it; afraid we'd get stuck, afraid we'd run out of heating oil, afraid I'd fall on the sidewalk, afraid, afraid, afraid.

This year the fears seem to have lifted, and in their place is a magical kingdom that I can't seem to get enough of. I know, I know....ask me again in March.

Nice!

How bout'

THUNDERSNOW!!!

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/alerts/in.html

http://thestir.cafem..._midwest_braces

Edited by sifusufi

I'm stuck in traffic on the ohio indiana border on I 70 in there is ice everywhere. Lol!

Just stopped inside Ohio. It is sleeting freezing and nasty. The truckers are driving too fast. Only have 130m to go. :wacko:

Just stopped inside Ohio. It is sleeting freezing and nasty. The truckers are driving too fast. Only have 130m to go. :wacko:

You must be heading east? If you were on I - 80 we would have you for $140.00 pizza (they charged it wrong).

You're a long way from home man. Stay safe!

Chicago report. 8:15 very windy, very cold, not snowing yet (only 3 or 4 inches on the ground from earlier). At midnight we're expecting 1-2 inches each hour throughout the night. Shovel ready!!

p.S. Good luck Ralis, hope you're reading this somewhere warm and stable.

P.P.S I was just reading Mal's weather report on a cyclone hitting his area. Geez, in comparison we're just going to get some snow. Good luck & best wishes down there.

I stopped for the night due to really nasty ice sleet and rude truckers. Am in Columbus. I left here in 1985 two years after graduating from OSU. This is the worst ice storm I have ever encountered!

I stopped for the night due to really nasty ice sleet and rude truckers. Am in Columbus. I left here in 1985 two years after graduating from OSU. This is the worst ice storm I have ever encountered!

glad to hear you are safe

Proving to be quite futile the shoveling!

50+ MPH winds put it all back by the time we get to the end of the driveway. But great exercise, upper glutes on fire!

We have power as of now.

Who will shovel the snow in the way of ralis?

Our roads are ...well Porter County is under a state of emergency.

The superintendent of schools sent out a VM informing us of this ... and no school. Aahwww!

Wise move.

Chicago report, Got a foot and a half, lots of deeper drifts. Snow seems light, after 2,000 shovelfuls seems heavy. Made 2 gallons of meaty beany minestrone. Life is good.

Hope Australia (& Mal)is spared brunt of cyclone.