mewtwo

The worlds greatest martial art is ..............

AHIMSA meening non-violence. basicaly one firmaly established in non-violence will not have any violence directed twords them. it is said that animals living in the forest in witch one is cultivating ahimsa only kill when hungry. so a cow and a tigger could drink from the same watering hole at the same time.

it is said that animals living in the forest in witch one is cultivating ahimsa only kill when hungry. so a cow and a tigger could drink from the same watering hole at the same time.

Although not what I would call a universal truth it is true in nearly all conditions.

Tell that to Gandhi.

His spiritual mentor was a Jain and Gandhi embodied the qualities of Ahimsa.

There are exceptions, but as marblehead said: it's not a universal truth.

I'm from very desolate areas in the USA, where violence and anger abound. I have found that genuine AHIMSA can sense himsa even before it manifests through a body... and can transform it by merely remaining more steady and powerful in Ahimsa, turning the violent into non-violent right in front of me.

Even if just a moment ago, they meant to hurt... by relaxing into the ENERGY of ahimsa... which is an energy, a realization of inter-dependence, a wisdom or insight into genuine compassion, the volatile, and I mean really volatile... become docile, even if just for the moment they are in front of you.

They may wander away, thinking... "wow... that dude must be an alien?" But, at least for that moment, my practice has influenced someone for the better... even if they don't really learn anything about themselves by using the excuse of, "he must be an alien."

Being good in a world filled with bad is quite the challenge.

AHIMSA meening non-violence. basicaly one firmaly established in non-violence will not have any violence directed twords them. it is said that animals living in the forest in witch one is cultivating ahimsa only kill when hungry. so a cow and a tigger could drink from the same watering hole at the same time.

Your second sentence is way off in the sense that the greatest of the non-violent normally (at some point or at some time) has the greatest amount of violence and or evil directed at them, the difference is that such violence or evil will not effect or reach their core truth of non-violence which is not "inter-dependent" upon or with any external forces for its radiance to radiate!

Om

Edited by 3bob

Being good in a world filled with bad is quite the challenge.

I would suggest that this is somewhat of an understatement. It is a really big freakin' challenge.

it is said that animals living in the forest in witch one is cultivating ahimsa only kill when hungry. so a cow and a tigger could drink from the same watering hole at the same time.

And once the tiger gets hungry, that cow is finished!

Edit: Just reread your post and maybe you were saying the same thing....semantics!!!

Yes, I think so. I was just repeating what my friend said to me last night before I posted, he said to me, "Jaro, you are a good person in a world filled with bad."

I did not take it literally because I always see the good in people, and move from there... when projection of negative intention comes from their bodies I see it, but actively deflect or dissolve with mantra and peace.

This causes the energy of the intention to transform before it can actualize as physical action from them. I'm able to calm them on the level of thought energy pryer to physical activity. It's a gift I learned from doing intense practice in the ghetto.

It's a gift I learned from doing intense practice in the ghetto.

What a wonderful gift! You had an excellent forge to be shaped in.

What a wonderful gift! You had an excellent forge to be shaped in.

:lol: I suppose... not easy. But, thanks. :wub:

I do also see it as a blessing, to be where one has to spontaneously manifest the teachings and experiential wisdom in life and death situations in my face, has been interesting.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Consider if you're creating a bigger problem for yourself by considering yourself as good as them as bad. The brighter you see yourself as, the darker the shadows will seem. Maybe this is why TTC says something about not insisting upon one's own virtue.

If you see these people as yourself, and see their emotion as simply energy moving within you instead of creating a story about it, then it's pretty much effortless, isn't it?

Just pondering, I'm not nearly as experienced as you...

Edit: Just reread your post and maybe you were saying the same thing....semantics!!!

Well said Center; not that I understood anything :)

And here's spam; and borrowing words from the old.

When one takes a path to completion; that particular path disappears.

Do fishes swims with knowledge of water, do bird flies with the knowledge of the air?

Wish you all goodluck though and a good weekend.

funny...I was just going to post "The Art of fiding widout fiding" :D

Then I read your post...

Cheers!

• Like 1

More Illumination, inspiration :o:D

:DB);):lol: My only regrets are I can only give a plus 1 for this

and I am not in a yoga class somewhere. I need a cigarette...

• Like 2

Greetings..

The world's greatest martial art is... clarity.. not deceiving yourself about stuff like this.. more that the art, it is the artist that reveals the depths and usefulness of the art.. the art is useless without the artist..

Be well..

• Like 1