Sign in to follow this  
relaxer

100 days of RETENTION

Hi Everyone. This is my first post.

I'm sure this topic has been brought before, so I apologize if we get into some repeating, but I've checked the archives and I'm just not finding the info I'm after.

I'm seriously considering 100 days of celibacy. I have a healthy respect for the power of the practice. I'm been doing standing meditation for 3 years, and I've been doing the Yang style long form (taichi) for about a year. Currently, I do at least one round a day of the form, which takes about 20 minutes, and I do 15 minutes of reverse breathing in the morning followed by 15 minutes or so of deep "natural" or abdominal breathing, both while sitting in half lotus.

In the past, I've attempted Mantak Chia methods of sublimating sexual energy while masturbating, however, I've found them difficult to figure out, as I've always walked too closely to the edge of orgasm and 5 times out of 10 end up spilling my seed.

I guess my question is this:

Is my current practice alone enough to successfully sublimate the excess energy (assuming that my practice is of good quality)? Or is it necessary to sublimate through masturbation practices?

I am active and have a high sex drive. I find it difficult to go 10 days without release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm turning 30 soon and I started practicing some of this back in my early 20s at which time I probably did more harm than good. I'm finally ready to do it right, to keep it subtle. For some reason, my path has led back to this, it seems to keep popping up.

It makes a lot of sense that 100 days of retention would be a great step towards refinement, one that I am willing to make. Would you recommend it? What would you say the main goal of the practice is? I'm striving for balance and integration. I love my taichi, standing, and sitting my practice, they bring me great joy. I am not after any powers or ability to do this or that. I am just simply and sincerely interested in practices that can enhance and beautify my time on earth. The taoists continue to astound me with their incredible wisdom. Since is has their approval, it's something I'm really considering and would like to know more about. Thanks a lot for taking the time.

relaxer

I'm seriously considering 100 days of celibacy.

I suggest that if you choose to do it that you do it with the immediate supervision of a qualified teacher who has successfully done it and can help you through it. Do not try it with a book.

In the past, I've attempted Mantak Chia methods of sublimating sexual energy while masturbating, however, I've found them difficult to figure out, as I've always walked too closely to the edge of orgasm and 5 times out of 10 end up spilling my seed.

Stay away from Chia's sublimation techniques! They are not real alchemy and they are dangerous. They are layman techniques that chia picked up from somewhere. What he mistakenly teaches as sexual kung fu is in reality outdated methods of birth control and have nothing to do with real taoist alchemy. Ask the medical qigong practioners on this forum about the horrendous physical problems that people have done to themselves by practicing this retention nonsense. you can also search this forum for many who have posted how these practices from books have caused them very serious problems resulting in impotence and much much worse.

Besides that and more importantly, masturbation retention techniques are completely useless. Once you have stimulated the sexual fluids, they cannot be used for alchemy. That hot, stimulated sexual fluid needs to be released or it will sit inside your body and rot. It will also heat you up with too much yang. In any case, once you have stimulated that fluid it is no longer truly jing and will not help you. you need to let it go.

I guess my question is this:

Is my current practice alone enough to successfully sublimate the excess energy (assuming that my practice is of good quality)?

IMO and IME, yes.

I am active and have a high sex drive. I find it difficult to go 10 days without release.

If you have a high sex drive, then be natural and release when you need to. Another very helpful path is to seek out a relationship partner who nurtures your taoist practices and with whom you can share your sexual energy with. I have done the celibacy route and I am now married and my energy is stronger now than when I was celibate...

seek balance in your life and relationships, keep a strong practice and IMO, there is no need to try and force celibacy on yourself. But whatever you do, don;t try and do it from a book and stay away from Chia's sexual kung fu!

• Like 3

I recently finished 100 days of celebacy.

With that being said I suppose the first question would be, why do you want to do it?

The next thing I would say is the retention with masturbation method is not the way to go for this, (this coming from someone who has tried many of the various techniques).

If you really want to do the 100 days of celebacy its important that you don't just retain, but you sublimate as well. There are various ways to do this such as sitting in full lotus quite a while daily. Or doing testicle breathing / cool draw. But stimulating yourself will just cause the amount of sexual fluids and testosterone to increase to atomic levels. I do use this method, but not for long term celebacy, but rather to control the frequency of ejaculation, so that I don't over do it and thus deplete my pre-natal jing.

But back to the origianl question? what is the reason you want to do such a thing?? What I learned after doing my 100 days is that for what I was doing it for it was probably not really necessary. My main issue was guilt and shame about sexuality; and working on that has brought me far more progress than 100 days of celebacy which I did mainly because my guilt level about sex was unbalanced.

With that being said I suppose the first question would be, why do you want to do it?

The next thing I would say is the retention with masturbation method is not the way to go for this, (this coming from someone who has tried many of the various techniques).

If you really want to do the 100 days of celebacy its important that you don't just retain, but you sublimate as well. There are various ways to do this such as sitting in full lotus quite a while daily. Or doing testicle breathing / cool draw. But stimulating yourself will just cause the amount of sexual fluids and testosterone to increase to atomic levels. I do use this method, but not for long term celebacy, but rather to control the frequency of ejaculation, so that I don't over do it and thus deplete my pre-natal jing.

But back to the origianl question? what is the reason you want to do such a thing?? What I learned after doing my 100 days is that for what I was doing it for it was probably not really necessary My main issue was guilt and shame about sexuality; and working on that has brought me far more progress than 100 days of celibacy which I did mainly because my guilt level about sex was unbalanced.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Great point about getting to the heart of why I want to do this. For me, it has to do with integration and balance. I look back on myself in my teens and most of my 20s as sex obsessed and out of balance. Maybe it's in reaction to a current relationship in which sex is a central thread that holds it together. I love it, almost too much, but I can see the damage done by too much focus on it. I want depth and not just sexual entertainment anymore. I want to learn more about myself and sexuality through a deeper looking and not just continuing the trance-like normalcy of jacking off every couple of days.

It's parodical and contradictory that in order to remedy obsession, I would choose to do the 100 days of RETENTION, it just seems like another form of obsession in a sense, another form of idiocy... My life experience might say otherwise. I'm an artist and did a 2 year apprenticeship. I was forced to work in a certain obsessive way 14-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. It was hard and ridiculous in many ways, but it brought clarity and wisdom to my experience in a way that few other things could.

I guess I see retention as a reset button of sorts. A way to get to a clearer image of why I'm here and what I'm doing. I hope all that blabber makes sense.

Thank you guys for your insight. I really appreciate it.

Man... I knew something must be up with Mantak Chia methods... I'm glad to hear that a good taichi, standing, and/or sitting practice can sublimate sexual energy successfully. I had no idea that stimulating the fluids made them useless. That makes a lot of sense too. Great INFO! Thank you.

If you have any links or suggestions for reading, I would be much obliged.

Take care.

relaxer

But back to the origianl question? what is the reason you want to do such a thing?? What I learned after doing my 100 days is that for what I was doing it for it was probably not really necessary My main issue was guilt and shame about sexuality; and working on that has brought me far more progress than 100 days of celibacy which I did mainly because my guilt level about sex was unbalanced.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Great point about getting to the heart of why I want to do this. For me, it has to do with integration and balance. I look back on myself in my teens and most of my 20s as sex obsessed and out of balance. Maybe it's in reaction to a current relationship in which sex is a central thread that holds it together. I love it, almost too much, but I can see the damage done by too much focus on it. I want depth and not just sexual entertainment anymore. I want to learn more about myself and sexuality through a deeper looking and not just continuing the trance-like normalcy of jacking off every couple of days.

It's parodical and contradictory that in order to remedy obsession, I would choose to do the 100 days of RETENTION, it just seems like another form of obsession in a sense, another form of idiocy... My life experience might say otherwise. I'm an artist and did a 2 year apprenticeship. I was forced to work in a certain obsessive way 14-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. It was hard and ridiculous in many ways, but it brought clarity and wisdom to my experience in a way that few other things could.

I guess I see retention as a reset button of sorts. A way to get to a clearer image of why I'm here and what I'm doing. I hope all that blabber makes sense.

Thank you guys for your insight. I really appreciate it.

Man... I knew something must be up with Mantak Chia methods... I'm glad to hear that a good taichi, standing, and/or sitting practice can sublimate sexual energy successfully. I had no idea that stimulating the fluids made them useless. That makes a lot of sense too. Great INFO! Thank you.

If you have any links or suggestions for reading, I would be much obliged.

Take care.

relaxer

Yea I suppose if you feel that things have gotten out of control and you want to "reset" then that might be a good reason to do so, BUT I would highly suggest that while doing so that you do emotion balancing practices for a couple reasons. First of all since emotions play such a large part in sexuality it is vital to work on them, PLUS it would be an excellent time to do so because you will have a large supply of excess energy that you can use for such healing, as this kind of healing uses a great amount of energy to do. This will also help the reset process be more thourough and deep. The main method I use for this is the inner smile and healing sounds to connect to the trapped emotions in my organs and detox them. Best of luck

Not everyone thinks Chia's methods are harmful. Many people have had good experiences using them. That is not to say that they cannot cause problems because there is the potential if practiced incorrectly.

Why were you trying to go over 10 days without ejectulating? Of Chia's material I have studied he says that a man in his 20's should ejaculate once a week. This seems to be where most that have problems with the practice go wrong. Chia does not say to never ejaculate again! In fact not ejaculating is not all that important to the practice really. You could ejaculate every time and still gain benefits as long as you are cultivating your energy, which is one of the important aspects of it.

The important thing with such practices is to listen to your body. If your body says to ejaculate then ejaculate. If it says not this time, then don't.

If you are wanting to focus on celibacy then Chia's method may not be the best practice.

The important thing with such practices is to listen to your body. If your body says to ejaculate then ejaculate. If it says not this time, then don't.

Yup ;)

• Like 1

The tibetan number 6 helps but it shd be used with all the tibetan rites. They help to transmute the energy, maaking the sexual energy more electric rather than dense and heavy. It'll be easier to control.

It gets easier after about a week or so, getting much easier around the 30 day mark. In the beginning it'll be hard but as long as you DO qigong and get exercise it'll help.

Also, standing meditation is also smtg that especially helps. Full Lotus meditation too, but ALSO standing mesditation. Specifically the immortal breathing ie breathing into the heels up the back channel and then down the front and back into the Earth. The Body Method by Jack Greenwood. There's something about standing with knees bent and drawing in Earth energy and then sending extra energy back into the Earth, clearing it. If anything just the physical motion of sinking your weight into the earth helps.

Yea, so trust me... it gets easier just be prepared to feel a bit emasculate, or as if you haven't had an erection for a while. It gets easier to control your thoughts once this happens, because you'll feel such a difference between being non-sexual thinking and sexual thinking. Ie when you're sexual energy becomes fluid again when aroused as opposed to being more energetic when not aroused.

Sign in to follow this