Sign in to follow this  
rex

Martial Dance

Found this video of a guy prancing around. The moves have some nifty looking applications. Anyone know who he is? ;)

looks like Shou Yu Liang !?

looks like Shou Yu Liang !?

Got it in one! This certainly gives the 'prancing' added gravitas. :D

The Mind, Body and Kick Ass moves episodes have some interesting sections:

* A master alternating and balancing hard qigong feats with softer pursuits like painting while standing on raw eggs without breaking them.

* Taoist spirit possession enabling non-martial artists to do impressive things

* The use of stones inserted under the skin for protection in the Phillipines

* Demonstration and explanation of martial arts tricks

Got it in one! This certainly gives the 'prancing' added gravitas. :D

The Mind, Body and Kick Ass moves episodes have some interesting sections:

* A master alternating and balancing hard qigong feats with softer pursuits like painting while standing on raw eggs without breaking them.

* Taoist spirit possession enabling non-martial artists to do impressive things

* The use of stones inserted under the skin for protection in the Phillipines

* Demonstration and explanation of martial arts tricks

Yup I watched both the series of mind, body and kick ass moves (the second series was called 'kick ass miracles' was less about martial arts, more about healing and other 'alternative practices'). Really like the program - admitedly it's frivoulous entertainment, but pretty good entertainment none-the-less.

The guy alternating between hard chi kung and yin practices is tha famous Tawanese master who teaches the practice of hanging weights from your genitals... if I'm not mistaken, on that episode, one of his students got up on a platform, attached 'himself' to the weight below him and lifted 300pounds!! the presenter couldnt even lift it with his hands.

Yup I watched both the series of mind, body and kick ass moves (the second series was called 'kick ass miracles' was less about martial arts, more about healing and other 'alternative practices'). Really like the program - admitedly it's frivoulous entertainment, but pretty good entertainment none-the-less.

I thought the frivolity attempted to by-pass peoples' initial skepticism by trying to inform and entertain. There were some incredible moments. Like when Chris Crudelli demonstrated his dramatic self-healing ability by completely recovering overnight from second degree burns on his feet from fire walking - much to the surprise of the hospital staff who told him that he would take months to heal and required skin grafts.

There were also some eye wincing moments. Like the scene with a sadhu destroying his erectile tissue by twisting his John Thomas up with a stick - ouch! For those of you who maybe curious what a sadhu looks like here's a picture:

sadhumen.jpg

Do you think his outfit came with the watch :lol:

I really dig the sock effect.

I like that BBC show too. Who woulda thougt? A Qigong David Blaine meets Wild Boys.

Edited by el_tortugo

Sign in to follow this