Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

Reverse Breathing

Hey all,

Just a quick question. I know reverse breathing is tightening the stomach in the in-breath and relaxing/expanding it on the out-breath. Any changes whether in/out through the nose/mouth?

Thanks

-Astral

Hey all,

Just a quick question. I know reverse breathing is tightening the stomach in the in-breath and relaxing/expanding it on the out-breath. Any changes whether in/out through the nose/mouth?

Thanks

-Astral

If you breathe in through nose and out through your mouth you should generate more fire. I use this for walking meditation.

If you breath in and out through your mouth and nose you generate more stomach fire than breathing just to your nose.

None of these are teachings I learned somewhere, just my own experience :)

If you want to experiment with reverse breathing try holding breath for some seconds and or closing the 3 yin doors breathing in and holding. Look at the heat, how it moves... where it moves.

Hey all,

Thanks

-Astral

It's not much a tightening but a suck in feeling. I don't think reverse breathing should be forced until it arises naturally from abdominal breathing.

If you breathe in through nose and out through your mouth you should generate more fire. I use this for walking meditation.

If you breath in and out through your mouth and nose you generate more stomach fire than breathing just to your nose.

None of these are teachings I learned somewhere, just my own experience :)

Yes, I find this to be true too.

Sign in to follow this