Sign in to follow this  
sifusufi

Bagua Zhang Spiraling

tornados :ninja:

sifusufi do you play baguazhang?

I have read Bruce Frantzis The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Chi and have studied on this video.

Other than that Zhan Zhaung is where I left off.

I believe this is an instance where a live instructor is necessary.

Obrigado de Chicago

I have read Bruce Frantzis The Power of Internal Martial Arts and Chi and have studied on this video.

Other than that Zhan Zhaung is where I left off.

I believe this is an instance where a live instructor is necessary.

Obrigado de Chicago

baguazhang requires alot of time to practice. 2 hours a day really isnt enough, but could make do. would you have that level of commitment if you had access to a live instructor?

baguazhang requires alot of time to practice. 2 hours a day really isnt enough, but could make do. would you have that level of commitment if you had access to a live instructor?

On the spot I honestly have to say no. Two hours a day everyday? The benefits should warrant wanting to give two or more hours daily. Lets say I could sleep 6-7 hours and still be sharp, have increased flexibility, stamina... am I answering my own question? Then yes!

so you are saying that a person practing 1 hour daily would have no chance to be a master ever?

so you are saying that a person practing 1 hour daily would have no chance to be a master ever?

In this case the class time is 2 hours.

There is a book out by a Canadian author whos name escapes me, he has a 10,000 hour theory.

He gives solid examples of successes who had the OPPORTUNITY and the time to cultivate if you will.

The Beatles (the Hamburg years), Bill Gates (writing code as a teen having access to a computer when

no one else his age or even computer firm workers did not).

Oh yeah... Malcolm Gladwell - "Outliers"

http://www.squidoo.com/10000-hour-rule

2 hours a day

http://ezinearticles...cess&id=5656463

If anyone finds my motivation to practice please return it promptly!B)

Obrigado,

Robert

be it music, school, esoteric practices, martial arts...there just isnt a substitute for "putting in the time"

I do the walking part one hour a day(at least). In my opinion the walking is the foundation. Baguazhang is a very deep art. I have never considered to master it. My time passes quickly playing BGZ. I only discover its sublties by putting my time in.

I would think that if someone put one hour a day in they could get some great health benefits. To use it martially will take more commitment. After an hour of whatever part of BGZ i am playing with I take a break. That is the limit i can stay focused on one part.

Sign in to follow this