unmike

Collar Broke

Saturday morning, hustling across town to assist my lady's father with some business matters, I managed to eat serious pavement and snapped my right collar bone. The break separated severely, and the doctor fitted me with a brace that helps pull my shoulders back and down. She said that angle lets my pectoralis reincorporate my snapped collar bone. I'm bummed about the lack of physical activity, as well as my main method of transportation being denied to me. As with all things, the trick is seeing the lessons the Tao is trying to edge your way. This time "off" should afford me extra hours of meditation (which have been sorely lacking) and tons of walking.

What I'm curious about is anyone's experience with broken collar bones, how that affected their practice, and what I can do to make sure my healing goes smoothly. Are there certain foods/supplements I could ingest that promote bone health/healing? I'm already vegetarian and considering eating fairly raw during my healing (I know that not forcing enzyme production is a major way raw eating helps to tax the body less).

Sometime over the next few days, I'll be going over my SFQ level 1 materials with my lady so she can help that way, too.

Anybody have any other pointers or feedback?

You may want to consider finding a local Medical qigong practitioner in your area, Ya Mu said that medical qigong can greatly decrease the healing time for broken bones. Heres a case study that Ya Mu wrote which you may find useful:

Simplified case study

Broken Leg

Child with broken leg. Cast in place. Presentation was pain with broken bones. Parents were interested in reducing recovery time and reducing pain.

Therapy utilized: Taoist Medicine and Taoist Energy Arts. 2x weekly for 3 weeks

Pain was reduced 1st session and eliminated by 3rd session. Cast was removed early and physicians were astounded at the rate of recovery. It is very interesting that a neighboring child broke their leg the same day and had to have cast on for several weeks longer. Note I said interesting as there would be no way to make a direct comparison.

Another simplified case study

Broken wrist

This client had severe break and bruising. Cast in place. Presentation was numbness, unable to move hand and fingers, severe swelling,pain, and discoloration. Client utilized hands in profession and was anxious to regain full use.

Therapy utilized: Taoist Medicine and Taoist Energy Arts 2x weekly for 3 weeks

Pain, swelling, discoloration, and some numbness were reduced 1st session. Each session saw increased mobility. All symptoms were gone by end of therapy and client returned back to work with full use of hand and wrist.

Broken bones heal MUCH faster with these therapies.

If you can't find a local medical qigong practitioner, you could also message Ya Mu as he does distant healings and you could ask him how he might help you?

Good luck and hope you feel better soon :)

Saturday morning, hustling across town to assist my lady's father with some business matters, I managed to eat serious pavement and snapped my right collar bone. The break separated severely, and the doctor fitted me with a brace that helps pull my shoulders back and down. She said that angle lets my pectoralis reincorporate my snapped collar bone. I'm bummed about the lack of physical activity, as well as my main method of transportation being denied to me. As with all things, the trick is seeing the lessons the Tao is trying to edge your way. This time "off" should afford me extra hours of meditation (which have been sorely lacking) and tons of walking.

What I'm curious about is anyone's experience with broken collar bones, how that affected their practice, and what I can do to make sure my healing goes smoothly. Are there certain foods/supplements I could ingest that promote bone health/healing? I'm already vegetarian and considering eating fairly raw during my healing (I know that not forcing enzyme production is a major way raw eating helps to tax the body less).

Sometime over the next few days, I'll be going over my SFQ level 1 materials with my lady so she can help that way, too.

I feel your pain. I broke mine twice. First time I was pissed and fell off a bike, bad taoist. Second time was playing footy(rugby) got annihilated in a tackle, bad ref. Medical Qi Kung may help but SFQ 1 requires the arms to move to stimulate chi flow, as per yin-yang hands. You could try the sword finger exercise but the healer would have to have a powerful chi field. Bone setting is also worth looking at, its originally a shamanic form of healing, some Chinese martial arts (southern preying mantis) specialize in injuries associated with war, like broken bones. No meat ? I would advise eating some lean meat to help the healing process and strengthen your bones. Bajiquan practitioners had a special diet to stimulate tendon and bone development, they were very efficient body guards. Chow.

I don't know that I would change your diet in any major way. That would be more taxing on the body than anything else. Continuing eating the way you have, assuming you have a healthy diet, and see a Chinese medicine doctor about herbs that would help the healing process. You might also ask about herbal wraps or other topical ointments that might also help the healing process and prevent stagnation.

Edited by robmix

I've never had a collarbone break, so I cannot speak directly to that.

However, I do have the following contrarian advice: don't immobilize for any longer than necessary. The immobilization is necessary for when you cannot be aware all the time. But whenever you have the chance to take time and be gently aware of the injured parts, I would engage them (lovingly, kindly, like an injured child) as soon as possible. Just enough activation to feel the pain, feel the dynamics of the injury, and to get blood into the area. Over time, more and more activity. Immobilization itself does not lead to healing, just to prevention of re-injury.

Post standing like mad and specific herbal treatment (see your local TCM practitioner for this).

There is also a balm used by native people but you can't access this in the social world; i.e. go to the Amazon.

Anyway good luck to your healing process. Ohm Mani Padme Hum.

Blessings :)

Glucosamine and vitamin C taken together is great for rapid healing. The stronger the dose the better. Any excess not needed by the body, the body will eliminate through urine. It may also pay to look at the emotional cause perhaps there is completely separate points of view you have with a male that is close to you. Possibly your father inlaw. Mend whatever separation you might be feeling and the faster you may heal.

Happy healing.

Post standing like mad and specific herbal treatment (see your local TCM practitioner for this).

There is also a balm used by native people but you can't access this in the social world; i.e. go to the Amazon.

Anyway good luck to your healing process. Ohm Mani Padme Hum.

Blessings :)

Is that the menstruation clots that healers use to knit together the bones quickly? Aboriginies of old use to use that remedy?

Too much vit C will also give one the runs.

Daniel Reid says in the book "The Tao of Health Sex and Longevity" that eating raw cabbage/cabbage juice is a much better way to increase your C-vitamin intake than sythetic vitamin. Ayurvedic medicine recommends you dont take synthetic vitamins since you don't really know their energetics, so this can lead to either more deficiency or excesses.

Sorry to hear man, broke mine when I was nine attempting some judo on someone twice my age. I didn't do any cultivation then but it did seem to heal fast, maybe because of young age.

Daniel Reid says in the book "The Tao of Health Sex and Longevity" that eating raw cabbage/cabbage juice is a much better way to increase your C-vitamin intake than sythetic vitamin. Ayurvedic medicine recommends you dont take synthetic vitamins since you don't really know their energetics, so this can lead to either more deficiency or excesses.

Thats a good point. Ascorbic acid is the purer form of vitamin c in a pill.

Is that the menstruation clots that healers use to knit together the bones quickly? Aboriginies of old use to use that remedy?

No idea, but huaira caspi bark is used by Amazonian native healers to heal broken bones. The spirit of the plant looks African.

No idea, but huaira caspi bark is used by Amazonian native healers to heal broken bones. The spirit of the plant looks African.

Wow it always amazes me the different healing remedies different cultures have. I like that healing comes in all different forms.