Sign in to follow this  
heaven chi

Meditation and passage of Time

Hello,

I wanted to ask all of you to contribute your personal experience about how meditation affects the feeling of time passing by. Have you ever felt hours passing by like it was only few minutes?

If yes what sort of practice where you doing? (could be energy practice also, not only meditation)

Edited by heaven chi

time seems to slow down as you refine your awareness. This is part of why kung fu masters are difficult to fight.

On a different note when you are really meditating you will not notice the passage of time.

I dont time my meditations any more. I sip a cup of yerba mate during my meditation. It almost always takes me an hour to drink a cup of mate this way. When i am finished i will say to myself "I would meditate more but I've already emptied my cup."

I sometimes prolong the last few drinks so i can finish up whatever im practicing.

I usually drink several cups of tea and mate per day.

Time flows differently between dimensions. Spirit travel will yield time warps.

Ooh, neat discussion. I think I remember when I started "meditation" and found it pretty difficult and boring. I was timing myself to see how long on clock time I could stand to do it for. Result, couldn't really do it very long. Then I fiddled a bunch with qi-gong and found I could do that for hours (and look, talk about it for hours :blush: ).

Then I fell into a kind of an emptiness meditation (in practice the space between thoughts and whatnot just gets "bigger")- where I really do enjoy "hanging out" because it's so calm and the time-thing doesn't seem to be an issue when I do that. I don't really think "time passes" but the signs that we consider to be "time" do. I dunno, the meditation thing certainly lends itself to playing with "time". :)

Ooh, neat discussion. I think I remember when I started "meditation" and found it pretty difficult and boring. I was timing myself to see how long on clock time I could stand to do it for. Result, couldn't really do it very long. Then I fiddled a bunch with qi-gong and found I could do that for hours (and look, talk about it for hours :blush: ).

Then I fell into a kind of an emptiness meditation (in practice the space between thoughts and whatnot just gets "bigger")- where I really do enjoy "hanging out" because it's so calm and the time-thing doesn't seem to be an issue when I do that. I don't really think "time passes" but the signs that we consider to be "time" do. I dunno, the meditation thing certainly lends itself to playing with "time". :)

cool lifestyle>> do qigong then talk about qigong. some meditaion on the side :)

great lifestyle really, . for me it was when i started doing more meditation is when i found more time for everything else. not sure if i said that in a way that makes sense? but i know some of you know what i mean. i dont time myself either.

The central channel is known to devour time.

3 hours may pass like 3 seconds.

Which means that the meditator is at another diimension.

And surely if you get the feeling that a day is like 24 seconds, your life will feel very short.

Is that good? Probably you don't care because you don't age either.

The central channel is known to devour time.

3 hours may pass like 3 seconds.

Which means that the meditator is at another diimension.

And surely if you get the feeling that a day is like 24 seconds, your life will feel very short.

Is that good? Probably you don't care because you don't age either.

You're not in another dimension, you simply lost awareness and therefor are as good as dead. Your conscious is gone, the ego is dead, you're one with nature, whatever you may think. Your time is what you perceive it to be, if you do not perceive it at all you will have entire days pass by in a single flash.

If you're more aware, you will actually slow down your perception of time and witness it in greater detail. This may seem confusing when you do it for the first time.

Time(your perception of it) does slow down when you're meditating for more awarenes. I actually tested this for my self.

Here is how I did it:

When I cook something in the kitchen, I alwas return right before its done, on intuition. After so many times, you just feel it when the time to turn of the fire or heat is there. And if you ignore the feeling it will get stronger, like you have to go to the bathroom or something. Thats what you get when you burn things alot, lol.

Anyways... :glare:

So I did the same routine, meditating on awareness. Without any clocks or indicators of time. I simply became a better observer to my 5 senses. After a few minutes I ran to the kitchen only to see that water had not even begun to boil. Never in my life did I make such a mistake, never in my life did I change awareness during coocking.

There is also this other meditation where I loose track of time and focus my awareness on one single thing, like my breath. This way I loose sense of time as this is a repeating process over and over again that gets your body and mind in a state of unconscious deep/light sleep. A state of healing and rest, this is where perception over time is lost and time is not present. It just passes by instantly and you have a vague memory of its moments.

Edited by Everything

As awareness is refined you're personal bandwidth slice of now is cultivated. Very literally, the activities of the mind are redirected from the illusions of past and future (and other forms of conscious duality) and the enveloped space of here opens to reveal the flowers all around us as all time. Particular to spinning chi (mco) the perception of events connected in linear formats slows and dissolves... PartiCular to martial application; moments stretch with time and space; Time dilation directly related to direct nervous interactivity w responsives

• Like 1

Hello,

I wanted to ask all of you to contribute your personal experience about how meditation affects the feeling of time passing by. Have you ever felt hours passing by like it was only few minutes?

If yes what sort of practice where you doing? (could be energy practice also, not only meditation)

Sometimes its quite the opposite. Only a few minutes might have passed that seemed like hours.

Maybe the fewer thoughts there are flying around the less one is aware of "time"

Maybe time is a result of having multifarious thoughts.

Sign in to follow this