Trunk

Jack LaLanne

Yeah. Read that in the news this morning.

He had a full life.

May he be remembered for the good he did while here.

I remember watching him do those above the head, fingertip pushups years ago....then trying them and being like :blink: wth!!! damn near impossible!!! :lol: of course I cant even attempt them these days, it would kill my back.

pneumonia is a bad one, it gets a lot of older folks - abdominal breathing is a good preventative measure...

pneumonia is a bad one, it gets a lot of older folks - abdominal breathing is a good preventative measure...

Which reminds me I should stop smoking soon. I became one of those "older folks" quite a few years ago.

In Memory of Jack

May all schools insist on daily physical training of some sort for ALL students.

This statement of what is ideal is so far away from what is really happening these days.

Meanwhile I am teaching my son how to do perfect pushups. How to deadlift and swing a kettlebell. Also Hsing I structure and standing practice. If the school doesn't offer it properly you must fill in the gaps yourself. This is true for all subjects.

Thanks Jack for helping us remeber to get up out of our chairs and do SOMETHING!

Wow I just realized Jack was almost exactly twice my age!! If i'm lucky I am just at my halfway mark :-)

Time to do some Jumping Jacks!!

Does everyone realize where the name comes from?

Good health and long life to all.

Craig

I remember Jack being into juicing.

When I lived in Phoenix I was introduced to someone he had known and

trained with. He looked good, not only in shape but young for his age.

After all that's what we signed up for right?

Rock on Jack!

Thanks for the post Trunk

Its sad to see him in later life on on commerical TV I think he was better than that, but alot turn to that form which I call junk TV. Move Slowly Cloud

he's a good guy but the carrot juicer carrying his name in the infomercial is of very poor quality and extremely overpriced. the design looks good but it only has a 250 watt motor and with a design and chute that large it's going to frequently slow down to a stop with usage making juicing a slow and inefficient process with lots of chunks going unjuiced. I'm an experienced juicer and listen to a machine before buying it regardless of its wattage but my dad sits in front of the TV and gets hypnotized by infomercials trying to sell junk and now it's just sitting there while I use a good 5 year old breville juicer.

sorry the stress is getting to me.

Edited by Desert Eagle