Ulises

The Mojo Doctors

Interesting post Uli, as usual :) I am of mixed mind regarding Dr. Brad Keeney. He has explored the world and sought out healers and shamans, but his writings to me are hard to get through because he is sooo brilliant and handsome and dashing and full of hios own accomplishments. It's almost like he 'collects' these experiences and people to further his own career. I think someone here (ShaktiMama maybe?) have reported some of his chauvinistic ways with the ladies. I dunno, his bio states that "he has been called one of the great therapists of our time"...by who? Also, no prices are listed for his 5 day event, probably wants to get you hooked on the idea before revealing how much of your green life energy they're gonna slice out of your bank account for attending.

Oh, did I mention I am skeptical of this this? :lol:

"brilliant and handsome and dashing and full of hios own accomplishments."

What's wrong with that?

Anyway, the point is IMO, that you have it but you misplaced it somewhere (as usual). And maybe spending some of your green on yourself could be in order (as opposed to giving it away to Bradford and co ;-))?

• Like 1

Interesting post Uli, as usual :) I am of mixed mind regarding Dr. Brad Keeney. He has explored the world and sought out healers and shamans, but his writings to me are hard to get through because he is sooo brilliant and handsome and dashing and full of hios own accomplishments. It's almost like he 'collects' these experiences and people to further his own career. I think someone here (ShaktiMama maybe?) have reported some of his chauvinistic ways with the ladies. I dunno, his bio states that "he has been called one of the great therapists of our time"...by who? Also, no prices are listed for his 5 day event, probably wants to get you hooked on the idea before revealing how much of your green life energy they're gonna slice out of your bank account for attending.

Oh, did I mention I am skeptical of this this? :lol:

I understand your doubts.

I only can say that I've attended a gathering of Shaking Medicine with him and he is a force of nature...or more simply, he is real. I have learnt to trust my intuition and I can say that his presence was like a mirror. Nothing fishy, just a big, big heart. I witnessed his interactions with the ladies: What can I say? Palyful, as with everything, but clear.

And his curriculum (Academic and shamanic) is amazing, truly "one of the great therapists of our time", recognised by the greatest psychologists (as Ernest Lawerence Rossi,world-class expert in the psychobiology fo the body-mind healing; or Heinz von Foerster, father of the cybernetic thinking...just that)

I'm not a "groupie" of Keeney, but I recognise the real gold (and the false gold) when I meet it.

The money thing? oh well..I don't know how much it is this adventure, but I'm so glad I could attend the Shaking gathering (it wasn't cheap...it wasn't expensive): it keeps going an amazing (challenging) catalyst of blissful change in my life, Keeney has good medicine...he knows how to awake your own medicine

"Once you grab hold of your own personal magic or feel grabbed by it, there is little to no more need for the doctor."

:) Food for heart.

Okay Okauy I just find his large egoic presence in his books very distracting. Maybe I'm jealous of the kind of life he gets to lead. It's interesting that he claims the Bushman way (of movement) is the path to God, and says the Bushmen actually kind of scoff at the notion that stillness (meditation) could lead anywhere.

I'd love to hear a report from someone who has lost their mojo and goes to see the Mojo Doctors...

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Good Medicine!

Dr. John

The Neville Bros

The Meters

"Feel good Music I've been told... good for the body... good for the soul" - Hey Pocky Way

"Maybe I'm jealous of the kind of life he gets to lead."

Me too :P

Actually, mine is not so bad. :)

"Maybe I'm jealous of the kind of life he gets to lead."

Me too :P

Actually, mine is not so bad. :)

Mine, either. ^_^ But he has travelled the world and hung out with some very high beings and healers. Hard to get enough of that (although I have studied with two healers who were at a very extraordinary level).

This thread makes me want to watch Austin Powers International Man of Mystery. :lol:

i tried that going to the heart of the french quarter looking for mojo and soul, strings of beads etc.

i think austin powers was there too, being the front man in a idk maybe funk with a hint of sludge? band. wasnt dixieland that is for sure. there were mojo doctors everywhere, cant say they are the same as the guys mentioned here....sleight of hand was everywhere. i may have even had a slight of mind experience B) naarlens