Hey, I'm thinking about selling email addresses at taobums.com.

The easiest thing would be to just sell POP accounts that let you have [email protected] which you could send/receive email from through your own email software, ie: Outlook Express, or if your webmail allows you to import mail from other POP accounts. For example Yahoo allows you to do this.

The second more complicated option, but that I would consider if the interest is there, would be for me to actually install Webmail software on Taobums. Then you would not only have [email protected], but you could check your mail through a web interface right on taobums.com itself. For example you would go to mail.taobums.com and login to check your mail and send new messages.

Let me know if there is any interest in this at all, and which option you would prefer. As for pricing, I would probably sell email addresses under the first option for around $5 a year. Pricing for the second option would vary depending on how much disk space per email address is requested, but would probably range from $10-$15 a year.

Sean.

Seems redundant to me... sort, of "why?".

We can post our existing e-mail address with our profile. If we choose not to, then the next layer is private messaging through which private conversation and/or exchange of e-mail addresses could occur. It just seems like its all covered.. and anyone could get an e-mail address already from any # of sources.

my 2 cents

Thanks for the feedback Trunk. Yeah I just figured I'd open up the discussion to see if the interest is there at all. I know most people probably have too many email addresses to begin with, it was more just a novelty thing ... like having TaoBums T-Shirts.

I just settled on offering people permanant POP-only [email protected] email addresses for making a PayPal donation of any sum to Taobums. More as just a small token of gratitude.

Sean.

MAN I HAVE SENT YA A MISSIVE WITH MY TINNY CONTRIBUTION, A DAY'S WORTH O BEER, LET ME KNOW IF YA RECIEVE IT ALLRIGHT OK? IT WAS A USPS MONEY ORDER, YA CAN REDDEM IT AT DA POST ORRIFICE.

PERRHAPS I CAN SEND YA SOME GRASS NEXT TIME??? SAME ADDY???

BYE NOW,

RJ

MAN I HAVE SENT YA A MISSIVE WITH MY TINNY CONTRIBUTION, A DAY'S WORTH O BEER, LET ME KNOW IF YA RECIEVE IT ALLRIGHT OK? IT WAS A USPS MONEY ORDER, YA CAN REDDEM IT AT DA POST ORRIFICE.

PERRHAPS I CAN SEND YA SOME GRASS NEXT TIME??? SAME ADDY???

Check your PM Ron. I got your donation, thank you! :)

Sean.

Sign in to follow this