mewtwo

how to tell prana from kundalini up the shushumna and meditation numbness?

So i was meditating and well i had equilised the nostrals and i felt a sort of electric tingling sensation up my spine. Was this prana or kundalini?

Also When i meditate i gte kind of a brain numbness that i dont want to move like oh ok my hands and feet are tired but it is ok they are fine where they are at. anyone else ever experience this? I also feel kind of like i am off kilter like i am leaning even though i know i am sitting straight. then sometimes my body will twitch.

Edited by mewtwo

So i was meditating and well i had equilised the nostrals and i felt a sort of electric tingling sensation up my spine. Was this prana or kundalini?

kundalini is very powerful, not just a tingling sensation. This is probably wind chi moving a bit.

Edited by heaven chi
  • Like 1

Also When i meditate i gte kind of a brain numbness that i dont want to move like oh ok my hands and feet are tired but it is ok they are fine where they are at. anyone else ever experience this? I also feel kind of like i am off kilter like i am leaning even though i know i am sitting straight. then sometimes my body will twitch.

Yep, I've experienced those things too. And not necessarily in practice. Often before sleep or fully waking up.

"Kundalini" is classically described as a "freight train" up your spine (if that's where it's going) so I suspect you're more likely experiencing "prana". But worth checking in with more experienced folks, because if you're due for "K" and it's a "pre-cursor" then it would be worth gaining skills ASAP - maybe even holding off "going there"..In addition, "kundalini" IME brings with it a whole set of insights whereas chi-movement by itself does not.

going good i pmed him.

Congratulations! Hundun sounds like a great teacher.

since you now have a teacher, this will be my last bit of advice to you...

Be aware that not many teachers will offer their teaching to someone like he did to you. Usually, it is the other way around. Teachers wait until the student has approached them and asked to prove their sincerity and dedication. So, I want to encourage you to appreciate what has been offered to you and take advantage of it. Do not take it for granted. You can show appreciation by not running around asking other people these kinds of basic questions. I would suggest running these kinds of questions by your new teacher first before coming onto this forum and asking everyone else. Based on what I have seen of you, I think that what you need most to is to focus on one path with one teacher. This forum is a great place for networking and connecting with other fellow taoist enthusiasts, but it is not very good for real in depth learning for many beginners. Maybe after a few years of consistent practice with hundun you will be able to ask these kinds of questions on a forum and be able to discern a good answer from a bad one.

my last .02 for you...

Good luck to you...

• Like 1

Yep, I've experienced those things too. And not necessarily in practice. Often before sleep or fully waking up.

"Kundalini" is classically described as a "freight train" up your spine (if that's where it's going) so I suspect you're more likely experiencing "prana". But worth checking in with more experienced folks, because if you're due for "K" and it's a "pre-cursor" then it would be worth gaining skills ASAP - maybe even holding off "going there"..In addition, "kundalini" IME brings with it a whole set of insights whereas chi-movement by itself does not.

I think there's a lot of over-glamourization of the Kundalini experience, primarily by people who weren't prepared but managed to awaken it.

What you are feeling is the energy rising up the spine, of which Kundalini is another aspect. There is not separate "Kundalini" and "Prana", they are one and the same. Depending on what part of the body this Prana (Chi) energy is flowing, it is variously called Prana, Apana, Vyana, Samana and Udana.

I think there's a lot of over-glamourization of the Kundalini experience, primarily by people who weren't prepared but managed to awaken it.

What you are feeling is the energy rising up the spine, of which Kundalini is another aspect. There is not separate "Kundalini" and "Prana", they are one and the same. Depending on what part of the body this Prana (Chi) energy is flowing, it is variously called Prana, Apana, Vyana, Samana and Udana.

Interesting take. I've read that elsewhere. Hell, I've read all kinds of things elsewhere :)

"Over-glamourization" - could be. :)

Mewtwo,

Congratulations on beginning to meditate and finding a teacher. The effects you've experienced while meditating are typical. It's probably best not to name, analyze, or dwell on them too much...just observe them without judgment, and keep going.

If you follow Hundun's advice, I think you will be led to the right path. It won't be easy...you will need to bring focus and self discipline to the table. Good luck. "You've taken your first steps into a larger world."