Lucky7Strikes

Reverse Breathing and Central Channel

To Kunlun practitioners and others familiar with reverse breathing,

Do you notice that the three dantiens seem to "line up"/"light up" when the body does reverse breathing? During K1 and K2, my body seems to do this automatically. I went back to the book to see if there was anything on this, and found stuff about the moon and sun channels (which run down the sides of the body) active during regular abdominal breathing, but that during intense moments of practice (as in my experience), the breath can stop by a quick suck in of the breath and you really feel the tailbone, heart center and the crown palpating with bliss energy. It feels like the body is going into a whole different mode.

I remember several Kunlun methods taught with reverse breathing in conjunction with the hui yin lock, and feel that this is a natural progression of practice. Does anyone experience similar effects?

Bump :)

Reverse breath doesn't happen to me when I do Kunlun. Neither does bliss. But I do shake (starting w/ the knees) and it feels like I'm dropping something, there is a release that doesn't happen during my regular meditation.

I have respect for the teachings at wudangtao.com, Master Chens stuff. I have some of his CD's. In his morning and night meditation he has you do a gentle version of reverse breathing, IMO. Contracting the anus, during breath in, letting it go during breath out. A gentler version then most reverse breathing, but it has the same vibe. At midlevel in the Healing Tao you see some of the same energetic breathing (I think), Minke De Vos has it on her Energetics meditation.

I think there is something fundamentally to the practice of breathing in and contracting. As if its gathering in energy.

Michael

Yang Jwing Ming differentiates effects as reverse focusing more towards skin/bone (wei/nei, at the same time) and natural breathing as focusing more on the channels & meridians. From my experience, that's consistent.

As Buddha said there's what, 84,000 methods, and the timing of such will be an individual thing - so the phenomena arent necessarily because of that particular method, but because particular circumstances are arising for you. As the central channel "upgrades its bandwith," such occurrences happen - a different mode, as it were :)

Yang Jwing Ming differentiates effects as reverse focusing more towards skin/bone (wei/nei, at the same time) and natural breathing as focusing more on the channels & meridians. From my experience, that's consistent.

As Buddha said there's what, 84,000 methods, and the timing of such will be an individual thing - so the phenomena arent necessarily because of that particular method, but because particular circumstances are arising for you. As the central channel "upgrades its bandwith," such occurrences happen - a different mode, as it were :)

Nice way of putting it, "upgrades its bandwidth". Yang Jwing Ming's has a book that I have, its very good. Reverse breathing is great because it produces a lot of pressure to melt stuff. And abdominal breathing works in deep it seems.

Nice way of putting it, "upgrades its bandwidth". Yang Jwing Ming's has a book that I have, its very good. Reverse breathing is great because it produces a lot of pressure to melt stuff. And abdominal breathing works in deep it seems.

Yes, reverse breathing done natural facilitates Kan and Li union. Normal breathing integrates that union. ^_^ . I'm getting it.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

.. the three dantiens seem to "line up"/"light up" ... really feel the tailbone, heart center and the crown palpating with bliss energy.

Very good signs, whatever method used to get there.

Fundamental, crux-of-stuff good.

I can't sleep. Don't feel the need to eat. Everything is shrouded in clarity in perpetual motion. I don't feel time. I don't feel distance.

Everything feels like a hallucinating dream. It feels like my waking state and dream state is merging.

:huh:

Might want to take a break from practices for a while? Just a suggestion, it's your call.

Seconded (just because I've been somewhere around there and done something around that in practice).

"Timely" is IMO/IME a great aspect of "Tao." To be behind or ahead - even in sensation and perception is IMO an indication that you're allowed to take it up or down a notch.

"Guzzi" comes to mind :-)

This might be a good time to check in with your teacher. That is, if you have laid your foundation with an experienced teacher. :)

There is no foundation to lay. That is so that you can see the mind. Just realize the character the way of the mind. How is it? How do we experience? Not what, or who, or why, just see the how. Once there is the turning around of the light, everything else happens like a torrential downpour!