Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Q: Meditation sleepy

Hey, guys.

Got a quick Question here.

When I'm meditating, sometimes I may feel sleepy. Like when I'm sleepy during the day, for whatever reason. Is it best to refrain from such meditations when feeling sleepy? I've found that it is perfectly doable and that your awareness will not be compromised when your focus is good enough. I may fall asleep sometimes, so perhaps I did it wrong. This raises questions for me.

Does anyone meditate when you're sleepy and its bedtime?

Why don't people do meditations while sleeping? You got full 8 hours of time during bedtime. Why is it better to do it during waking daytime? I mean meditations require your eyes closed and body in a comfortable position anyways. Or will it mess with your sleep?

Thanks in advance, love and wisdom. B)

Guest sykkelpump

Hey, guys.

Got a quick Question here.

When I'm meditating, sometimes I may feel sleepy. Like when I'm sleepy during the day, for whatever reason. Is it best to refrain from such meditations when feeling sleepy? I've found that it is perfectly doable and that your awareness will not be compromised when your focus is good enough. I may fall asleep sometimes, so perhaps I did it wrong. This raises questions for me.

Does anyone meditate when you're sleepy and its bedtime?

Why don't people do meditations while sleeping? You got full 8 hours of time during bedtime. Why is it better to do it during waking daytime? I mean meditations require your eyes closed and body in a comfortable position anyways. Or will it mess with your sleep?

Thanks in advance, love and wisdom. B)

You CANT meditate when you are sleeping,you have misunderstood the principle of meditation,you need clear awarness over what you are doing.Like for example when you are watching your mind and let go of any thoughts that appears.until mind quiet down and becomes more and more empty.How you gonna do that when you are not awake or half sleeping?

I never meditate when I am sleepy.The deepest meditations are almost always after a good nights sleep or in general when you feel fresh and awake

Edited by sykkelpump

I have meditated and done energy work within a lucid dream. The energetic sensations inside the body are amplified 1000 fold, and it is easy to focus the mind with little mind noise (monkey mind).

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Guest sykkelpump

I have meditated and done energy work within a lucid dream. The energetic sensations inside the body are amplified 1000 fold, and it is easy to focus the mind with little mind noise (monkey mind).

I dont think he was talking about energy work or lucid dreams.lets not confuse this.If its about meditation you need to stay awake

It has happened to me some times in a dream that I dream I sit in a place and begin to meditate and the concentration seems really strong and the energetic feelings more than if I meditated during day.

I think I slept sitting up.

Does anyone know how to purposely cause this meditation dream? It happened to me by chance more than twice.

Otherwise, never meditate when you are sleepy because it's a waste of time. EXCEPT if you are only a bit sleepy which you can overcome after a few minutes you have began the meditation, in my experience.

I forgot that if you are not a beginner in meditation and the chi enters the head you may begin to feel a bit like sleepy. It's normal.

Edited by heaven chi

Try taking a cold shower for 5 minutes, turn the lights brighter in your room, meditate outside in a more spacious setting, drink green tea, etc. I'd get sleepy very often during meditation. Doing physical exercises like yoga helps. Also eating a lighter diet with less meat too.

I like to meditate before I sleep. I meditate myself to sleep that way, and I think it's a good idea to do that. You'll have a more relaxed sleep instead of going to bed with a bunch of thoughts. Most traditions say meditating in the morning is the best time since you're the most alert.

I prefer sitting in the morning and daytime, standing in the evening. Standing/moving keeps me alert better.

I forgot to mention standing! Yeah, standing definitely keeps you more awake lol

You CANT meditate when you are sleeping,you have misunderstood the principle of meditation,you need clear awarness over what you are doing.Like for example when you are watching your mind and let go of any thoughts that appears.until mind quiet down and becomes more and more empty.How you gonna do that when you are not awake or half sleeping?

I never meditate when I am sleepy.The deepest meditations are almost always after a good nights sleep or in general when you feel fresh and awake

Yeah, I've experienced this myself aswell. Sleepy meditations don't go very well. :closedeyes:

Yeah, I once had a lucid dream where I tried to sleep in the dream so that I would wake up. Instead, the dream did not go away, but I was going into a meditation after a while. Don't remember much but black.

Try taking a cold shower for 5 minutes, turn the lights brighter in your room, meditate outside in a more spacious setting, drink green tea, etc. I'd get sleepy very often during meditation. Doing physical exercises like yoga helps. Also eating a lighter diet with less meat too.

I like to meditate before I sleep. I meditate myself to sleep that way, and I think it's a good idea to do that. You'll have a more relaxed sleep instead of going to bed with a bunch of thoughts. Most traditions say meditating in the morning is the best time since you're the most alert.

Well, everyone says it. Best to be awake and alert before beginning meditation. Only thing is, in the morning I'm actually the least alert :lol:

If i feel sleepy in meditation i usually take the opportunity to drift into a trance. :)

• Like 1

Sleepy occurs in degrees until the point of sleep. When in meditation you become very drowsy you are almost there. It means you are on the most right track. Way to find the gate and come to know the pathway is by

getting as close as possible to the very edge of "unconsciousness"

On the other side of the gate is causal realm intermixed immediately with the last shadow of mind that is able to fit through the narrow way with the self. Facility with passing through the gate is gained by hanging out just at the entrance. There is a gravity when nearing the center point that diminishes self perception and all related to it till non observer awareness the last step before void. There is another space immediately on the other side, an endless realm. Crossing through and returning with recall of the gate as a non observer awareness is a mighty feat. "sleepy is also a chemical shift where the hypothalamus governing of the pineal turns off. This usually only occurs when the sun sets and we close our eyes.

The Hypothalamus's governing of the pineal gland production of melatonin to dmt is turned on an off by light sensors in the eyes. This also happens in long periods of darkness and is the reason for doing darkness retreats. Finding this state and maintaining it during daytime when autonomic function would normally prevent it is a short route to the other side. Yawning frequently is also another good sign.

Yawning stretched muscles that open an aperture just below the pineal where one or another from of amrita

may drip down the throat. This brings a chemical that generally stays in the brain into the blood through

ingestion and sub lingually causing a cascade of electrochemical production system wide. Sometimes there is a quick panting breath after the mouth fills with water followed by a very deep inhalation taken in three steps. This is the bodies way of including amrita (dmt) into the major wind channels (lungs) which completes a circuit in the first three stages of dmt and harmonizes the pineal and pituitary as electromechanical cohorts in service of god as man

Sleepy occurs in degrees until the point of sleep. When in meditation you become very drowsy you are almost there. It means you are on the most right track. Way to find the gate and come to know the pathway is by

getting as close as possible to the very edge of "unconsciousness"

On the other side of the gate is causal realm intermixed immediately with the last shadow of mind that is able to fit through the narrow way with the self. Facility with passing through the gate is gained by hanging out just at the entrance. There is a gravity when nearing the center point that diminishes self perception and all related to it till non observer awareness the last step before void. There is another space immediately on the other side, an endless realm. Crossing through and returning with recall of the gate as a non observer awareness is a mighty feat. "sleepy is also a chemical shift where the hypothalamus governing of the pineal turns off. This usually only occurs when the sun sets and we close our eyes.

The Hypothalamus's governing of the pineal gland production of melatonin to dmt is turned on an off by light sensors in the eyes. This also happens in long periods of darkness and is the reason for doing darkness retreats. Finding this state and maintaining it during daytime when autonomic function would normally prevent it is a short route to the other side. Yawning frequently is also another good sign.

Yawning stretched muscles that open an aperture just below the pineal where one or another from of amrita

may drip down the throat. This brings a chemical that generally stays in the brain into the blood through

ingestion and sub lingually causing a cascade of electrochemical production system wide. Sometimes there is a quick panting breath after the mouth fills with water followed by a very deep inhalation taken in three steps. This is the bodies way of including amrita (dmt) into the major wind channels (lungs) which completes a circuit in the first three stages of dmt and harmonizes the pineal and pituitary as electromechanical cohorts in service of god as man

Oh, ok... ...So can you say that in... English? Please? :lol:

How can frequent yawning be good? I always had a frequent yawning when I was getting too little sleep. People got annoyed by it: they thought I was bored with them. Then they saw me yawn so often they made jokes about it. Lol

I'm always a lazy sleepy guy, I have to do more excersize and take cold showers to change that. I'm trying... ;)

Frequent yawning during practice, though internal practice may happen any time.

Oh, ok... ...So can you say that in... English? Please? :lol:

How can frequent yawning be good? I always had a frequent yawning when I was getting too little sleep. People got annoyed by it: they thought I was bored with them. Then they saw me yawn so often they made jokes about it. Lol

I'm always a lazy sleepy guy, I have to do more excersize and take cold showers to change that. I'm trying... ;)

Sign in to follow this