heaven chi

Energy channels

My question is: Once you have opened an energy channel, is it possible for it to close again?

If so, that's a disaster all the pain and meditation etc and it becomes clogged again if you stop practicing?

Is this true, or if you truly open it once it doesn't become blocked again?

Please tell me your personal experience in this regard?

I'm afraid modern people don't have consistently much time to practice so I hope at least the openings they achieve at a retreat aren't lost when he resumes ordinary daily schedule.

Please give me your opinions, experiences.

My question is: Once you have opened an energy channel, is it possible for it to close again?

If so, that's a disaster all the pain and meditation etc and it becomes clogged again if you stop practicing?

I'm afraid modern people don't have consistently much time to practice so I hope at least the openings they achieve at a retreat aren't lost when he resumes ordinary daily schedule.

It is illnes - having closed or reduced qi flow in channels.

channels can be blocked - yes - but this is illness...

a healthy person has open channels.

Hm yeah if a channel is completely closed I'd figure it's disease/severe illness.

On the other hand I like to think they're just less open the more severe a problem is. and yes you sort of have to maintain your practice, depending on the practice you've been doing.

It isn't very hard if you have a simple practice that keeps your channels from becoming stagnant, there are alot out there.

Also I'd say people in "modern" society have a very good chance of keeping their channels clean to a good degree. 10 to 15 minutes twice a day or so and you can feel great (by my experience).

That's to a simple degree ofcourse, if you're trying internal alchemy or something then more time is likely needed.

Hm yeah if a channel is completely closed I'd figure it's disease/severe illness.

On the other hand I like to think they're just less open the more severe a problem is. and yes you sort of have to maintain your practice, depending on the practice you've been doing.

It isn't very hard if you have a simple practice that keeps your channels from becoming stagnant, there are alot out there.

Also I'd say people in "modern" society have a very good chance of keeping their channels clean to a good degree. 10 to 15 minutes twice a day or so and you can feel great (by my experience).

That's to a simple degree ofcourse, if you're trying internal alchemy or something then more time is likely needed.

Well take the leg channels for instance. By meditation for 45 minutes I have merely a bit of response but they don't actually open. Whereas if I sit in full lotus for 2 hours I feel they are much more open.

So 2 hours meditation many people can't afford it every day...except if you go with less sleep. well.

If you clean your toilet once, will the porcelain bowl be white ever after? B)

What is the analog of the shit?

Edit: I mean what are energetic blockages made of?

Edited by heaven chi
  • Like 1

Well take the leg channels for instance. By meditation for 45 minutes I have merely a bit of response but they don't actually open. Whereas if I sit in full lotus for 2 hours I feel they are much more open.

So 2 hours meditation many people can't afford it every day...except if you go with less sleep. well.

Hm I use to meditate for 45 minutes at a time. Now I meditate for roughly 10, 15 on average.

After such little time I feel much much more benefit then when I meditated for 45 minutes.

It's not on time, it's the quality of your meditation, and maybe even your purpose for doing it.

How would you know if the channels are open? By feeling? How do you know that feeling is a sign of good practice or bad?

When energy channels are open, you do not necessarily feel anything. Open energy channels are the natural state of the body. In fact, sometimes if you feel something from energy work it can mean that your channels are blocked. concentrate on your foundational training like standing postures and basic navel breathing and your channels will open as they should. There is no need to focus on energy channels or trying to open them. This can result in serious injury. If you are asking these kind of questions on an internet discussion forum, you need to be working with a teacher who will help you build your foundation.

There is no permanent opening of the channels. Over time and with practice you can become better and better at clearing a given channel.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. Please allow me to illustrate by providing a question: If you wake up at night with a massive cramp in your leg (an example of massive qi blockage) what would be your response? Would you rather attempt to go into Lotus Position and wait for 2 hours till everything is fine or would you stand up and try to stretch the leg followed by some careful movement. I would certainly do the latter. In exactly the same way, stretching followed by simple movements (for instance as in a qi gong system designed for clearing the meridians) is an efficient way to do it - 5-10 minutes per day (every day!).

Now, you suddenly have 2 hours extra per day. Don't get me wrong: Meditation is a great thing and I do it too - just not for clearing my meridians.

Guest sykkelpump

the meridians opens and close to various degree all the time.In acupuncture theory,they say each of the 12 meridians are open for two hours each in 24 hours.

How would you know if the channels are open? By feeling? How do you know that feeling is a sign of good practice or bad?

When energy channels are open, you do not necessarily feel anything. Open energy channels are the natural state of the body. In fact, sometimes if you feel something from energy work it can mean that your channels are blocked. concentrate on your foundational training like standing postures and basic navel breathing and your channels will open as they should. There is no need to focus on energy channels or trying to open them. This can result in serious injury. If you are asking these kind of questions on an internet discussion forum, you need to be working with a teacher who will help you build your foundation.

If the channels are more open you feel so fresh and connected and light like you have a new body. How can this be bad?

But I understand your point that if you feel something like friction your channels are blocked.

Thank you for your reply.

Any emotional trauma can block up your channels, whether it's an extreme event like witnessing a natural disaster or being dumped by your girlfriend it can cause you to contract your energy at any time in your life.

• Like 1

stretching or yoga are great ways to get the channels uncloged. My channels are somewhat clogged when i wake up in the morning. I do some neigong and rotations to shake them out.

At a retreat a person can unclog the big knots that have been holding them back in their energetic development.

Its like exercise. Its really hard at first then it gets easier and more effective.

stretching or yoga are great ways to get the channels uncloged. My channels are somewhat clogged when i wake up in the morning. I do some neigong and rotations to shake them out.

At a retreat a person can unclog the big knots that have been holding them back in their energetic development.

Its like exercise. Its really hard at first then it gets easier and more effective.

Ah yes... the 3 grunti's or knots blocking the lower from the middle to the top groups of chakras.

the meridians opens and close to various degree all the time.In acupuncture theory,they say each of the 12 meridians are open for two hours each in 24 hours.

What you are referring about is called the 'chinese clock' and it describes the flow of 'ying qi' in the body. 'Ying qi' means basically constructive qi or building chi and it circulates through all the main meridians maintaining the structure & function of the organ system and meridians. The two hour period is the time ying qi is especially active in a specific meridian, not really so that it's _only_ active there, as you said..

sounds like a good idea B)