one translation I heard for the tao is, in chinese ideograms tao is the symbol for intelligence together with the sign for movement; hence, an intelligent movement. Futhermore, the symbol for intelligence is the symbol for the sun and symbol for the moon together {possibly corresponding to the left and the right sides of the brain}(also in english we interchange intelligence with the word 'bright') .Also, part of the tao can be translated as, Tao models Man. Man models earth. Earth models universe. Universe models tao. Or perrhaps this is mistaken as well as all of my subsequent suppositions concerning the tao. Regardless it seems at least intresting to ponder.

Welcome. One of my teachers says trying to intellectually define Tao is like trying to capture wind in a bucket.

That said, we will all try to grasp these things anyway. My understanding is Tao is understood through introsective meditation practices and living in harmony with nature.

Cameron

Welcome. One of my teachers says trying to intellectually define Tao is like trying to capture wind in a bucket.

That said, we will all try to grasp these things anyway. My understanding is Tao is understood through introsective meditation practices and living in harmony with nature.

Cameron

so I'm glad at least the "Bums" part is more tangible! :lol:

Very interesting, thank you!

You're very welcome, but alas, I can hardly take credit for quasi-plageristic ramblings. Nonetheless your comment is truely appreciated.