Sign in to follow this  
angelo

Naropa University

Hello everyone,

I have been looking into Naropa University in Boulder, CO. I think that I'm going to end up there, if not this fall, certainly by the following one. It's curriculum is inspired by Eastern philosophy. Meditation, Tai Chi Chuan, Yoga and other Eastern arts are incorporated.

I was curious if anyone around here is familiar with the school or perhaps have even been involved with it.

Naropa.edu for those who are interested in taking a look.

Good day!

-∆ngelo

Hello everyone,

I have been looking into Naropa University in Boulder, CO. I think that I'm going to end up there, if not this fall, certainly by the following one. It's curriculum is inspired by Eastern philosophy. Meditation, Tai Chi Chuan, Yoga and other Eastern arts are incorporated.

I was curious if anyone around here is familiar with the school or perhaps have even been involved with it.

Good day!

-∆ngelo

I have a few friends involved who have taken the curriculum and they all say it's amazing in every way, socially, spiritually, educationally, etc.

I wish you the best. :)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I'm probably going to major in East Asian studies at my school, I would learn about Asian culture, history and spirituality and get to learn either chinese or japanese. Naropa sounds great though! Almost wish I could transfer there :lol: . Do you know yet what you would like do after graduating? Right now I'm 100% that my true path is healing and wish to dedicate my life to helping people ^_^

Which school are you at now? That's great you are so passionate about helping others.

I am going to study music.

Hello everyone,

Good day!

-∆ngelo

I think the school is what you make out of it, not really a place that hands you things on a plate. Just my opinion as someone who also considered transferring. Oh and I thought these reviews were helpful. http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/Naropa_University.html

Wish you the best!

I think the school is what you make out of it, not really a place that hands you things on a plate. Just my opinion as someone who also considered transferring. Oh and I thought these reviews were helpful. http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/Naropa_University.html

Wish you the best!

Actually I think this school is great and how education should be, with that being said though I do think this school and others like it could never give you the same kind of wisdom and spiritual development and a true teacher or personal master could give, just my opinion though. However this school is definitely a great start to finding one's true self and could lead you to higher and better things, its also a matter of perception and hwo you make of it as said in the post above. Whatever you decide to do, find whats true to your heart and go with that.

Best of Luck,

Ben

Hello guys,

I haven't heard about Naropa, but I could advise you of one other school that you might want to check out, The Evergreen State University in Olympia, Wa. I actually graduated from there and it has (had) some great Eastern Arts and Philosophies programs. Definitely worth looking into. I view it as one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life and learned much more than just book knowledge while I attended.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this