Sign in to follow this  
surfingbudda

The Moon Is Bright Tonight!

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the moon being unusually bright tonight? I mean its seriously LUMINOUS tonight, staring at it I'm almost worried that its going to blind me like the sun :lol: , but seriously its not much less bright right now then the sun. Maybe its just from where I am, idk? Perhaps its because I practiced Ya Mu's Gift of the Tao DVD today and it really did put me into a higher state of awareness with heightened senses seeing things more vividly, I guess if no on else notices this then the qigong is obviously the answer lol. I would take a picture of it but I doubt it would come out very good

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the moon being unusually bright tonight? I mean its seriously LUMINOUS tonight, staring at it I'm almost worried that its going to blind me like the sun :lol: , but seriously its not much less bright right now then the sun. Maybe its just from where I am, idk? Perhaps its because I practiced Ya Mu's Gift of the Tao DVD today and it really did put me into a higher state of awareness with heightened senses seeing things more vividly, I guess if no on else notices this then the qigong is obviously the answer lol. I would take a picture of it but I doubt it would come out very good

The moon was stunning! I wish pics of the moon would come out better...every time I try, they just do not do the moon justice. She is truly a stunner :wub:

The moon was stunning! I wish pics of the moon would come out better...every time I try, they just do not do the moon justice. She is truly a stunner :wub:

Too bad its been cloudy here. For shooting the moon see if your camera has a 'Fireworks' exposure. Many digitals do, even the relatively <$125 cheap ones. The very slow exposure makes night time objects shine & tend to blur which is sometimes a cool effect.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the moon being unusually bright tonight? I mean its seriously LUMINOUS

I noticed this too, and was shocked. I've never seen it like that before, ever, anywhere.

Having just been reading Ingo Swann about the moon being inhabited, I was i n t r i g u e d.

Did they forget what setting they usually use for their lightswitch?!

Too bad its been cloudy here. For shooting the moon see if your camera has a 'Fireworks' exposure. Many digitals do, even the relatively <$125 cheap ones. The very slow exposure makes night time objects shine & tend to blur which is sometimes a cool effect.

My camera does have a fireworks setting so I will try that tonight, actually tonight is the full moon so it should be TRULY SPECTACULAR! How does one go about slowing the exposure time?

Moon very bright here tonight.

Last night a moon-bow ... a ring of light around the moon (caused by ice crystals in upper atmosphere I think).

BTW my neighbour plants his onions only at a late crescent/new moon - anyone else come across this?

Edited by Apech
added a bit

Moon very bright here tonight.

Last night a moon-bow ... a ring of light around the moon (caused by ice crystals in upper atmosphere I think).

BTW my neighbour plants his onions only at a late crescent/new moon - anyone else come across this?

I saw the moon-bow also, very cool! I've never heard of planting onions at the new moon, whatever works I guess :lol:

Has anyone ever done moon qigong, is it possible?

I saw the moon-bow also, very cool! I've never heard of planting onions at the new moon, whatever works I guess :lol:

Has anyone ever done moon qigong, is it possible?

In SFQ there's a meditation called the Moon meditation, which complements the Sun meditation. It's not yet in my routine so I can't tell you more about it.

guess I can't show you guys, can't figure out how to get photo from iphoto to taobums, oh well

open a flickr a/c post on there and link to here (that's how I post media).

Thanks Apech

lets see if this works My link

yep - nice pic!

you can embed the pics in your posts if you use the icon that looks like a pic and says 'insert image' - you just need the url from flickr.

Will a moon so bright ever arise again?

Drink a cupful of wine and ask of the sky.

I don't know where the palace gate of heaven is,

Or even the year in which tonight slips by.

I want to return riding the whirl-wind! But I

Feel afraid that this heaven of jasper and jade

Lets in the cold, its palaces rear so high.

I shall get up and dance with my own shadow.

From life endured among men how far a cry!

Round the red pavilion

Slanting through the lattices

Onto every wakeful eye,

Moon, why should you bear a grudge, O why

Insist in time of separation so th fill the sky?

Men know joy and sorow, parting and reunion;

The moon lacks lustre, brightly shines; is al, is less.

Perfection was never easily come by.

Though miles apart, could men but live for ever

Dreaming they shared this moonlight endlessly!

Shui Tiao Ko Tou

Great poem.

& fabulous moon, it seems to be syncing with the sunset. We're getting reds and oranges as it rises.

Today in Chicago, the moon is rising at 6:14pm, the sunset is 4:51.

Happy viewing.

yep - nice pic!

you can embed the pics in your posts if you use the icon that looks like a pic and says 'insert image' - you just need the url from flickr.

Thanks - almost looks like the sun doesn't it

Edited by surfingbudda

The moon was very bright here in the Desert. Reminds me a a poem by our old Taobum, Father Paul, now passed.

The yellow moon

Rests in

My teacup

:)

I also noticed, a night or two ago, the moon stunningly powerful...

I bet there's some extra-strength astrology goin' on,

something 's up.

I also noticed, a night or two ago, the moon stunningly powerful...

I bet there's some extra-strength astrology goin' on,

something 's up.

ya I've seen a good many moons and have never seen the moon glow as brightly as it has in the past couple of days.

ya I've seen a good many moons and have never seen the moon glow as brightly as it has in the past couple of days.

so all of this chatter about the moon, motivated me to go out and do some circle walking midnitish. here in kentucky earlier this evening we were hit with a snow/sleet/ice mix. a very unique stepping experience for me. really cool. didnt walk as long as usual <_<

the sun is changing color and is much more intense.

the moons light is from the sun that amplifies the

moons affect on the pearl. Manifestation is getting

easier by the day

I remember 20 and more years ago the sun was most of the time discernible as a spherical shape.

Since the early 80's it has been increasing in brightness. Now when I look up there is only

a large blazing area.

Sign in to follow this