mewtwo

fusing souls or ascension?

I relise these things take time and such but they are kind of my goals so to speak. i was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to go about doing them? you know like two souls becomeing one and ascending to heaven alive.

I relise these things take time and such but they are kind of my goals so to speak. i was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to go about doing them? you know like two souls becomeing one and ascending to heaven alive.

Two souls? Are you referring to the two sides of the brain? Or Yin & Yang in the body? I have never heard of more than one soul per human being, instead I have heard of multiple spirits residing within a body.

Many Taoists believe there different spirits in each organ, the kidneys have their own, the liver, the heart, the lungs, large intestine etc. So the "ultimate goal" would be to integrate these spirits into one through meditation and virtue.

It seems there are different meanings to the terms "spirit" and "soul" in different traditions making things more complicated.

I personally want to add you might be chasing the wind here, so to speak.

The two "souls." Like the Egyptian Ka and Ba? The Toltec Nagual and Tonal? The taoist Heaven and Earth? Peter Novaks binary soul doctorine /dual soul theory?

It's pretty much the core question in any esoteric system, isn't it?

Peace,

Kris

Edited by Kris

The two "souls." Like the Egyptian Ka and Ba? The Toltec Nagual and Tonal? The taoist Heaven and Earth? Peter Novaks dual soul theory?

It's pretty much the core question in any esoteric system, isn't it?

Peace,

Kris

Interesting! I just ordered the Novaks book, thanks for mentioning it.

In the Toltec you purify the Tonal through Recapitulation, while you work on the Nagual through dream work I think until both sides are ready to merge, how you then merge i'm not sure, I have only heard of analogies like jumping into the abyss

Maybe just a metaphor for love. Never know ^_^

Speaking in the terms you want though. I don't think it makes very much sense being a cultivator can have more energy then 2 or 3 people. Really common in the beginning too.

So joining together wouldn't give you all that much energy anyway.

Interesting! I just ordered the Novaks book, thanks for mentioning it.

Tell me what you think when you've read it.

- Kris

I think I know what you're talking about. Like your counterpoint? She/he/whatever is everywhere. Seriously. You just have to find and pick what manifestation you want.

In the Toltec you purify the Tonal through Recapitulation, while you work on the Nagual through dream work I think until both sides are ready to merge, how you then merge i'm not sure, I have only heard of analogies like jumping into the abyss

OK. Let's use the Toltec system and translate it into (something closer to) plain English. The Tonal is all that is known. The Nagual is everything unknown.

Recapitulation is a practice that completely heals me in terms of my personal history. The end result is CLARITY.

Dreaming is another practice where I bring "stuff" from the unknown into the known. The result of this is POWER.

Stalking helps me discover all the stupid stuff I do. The result of stalking is STRENGTH.

Once I have clarity, power and strength I'm ready to "erase personal history." (Jump into the abyss / kill the ego or what ever)

The trick is to pick the practice that fits my personality. If I am the type of person that over-thinks everything, I need to recapitulate and gain clarity. I would get some benefits from dreaming and stalking, but the magic will only begin to happen when I recapitulate.

The same goes for a stalker or a dreamer. They need to master stalking or dreaming first. Then they can move on to the other areas.

In my humble opinion this general framework is pretty universal. Even though I have written in "simplified toltec" here the map still fits even if the practices are taoist, egyptian, tibetan or shamanic.

Humbly,

Kris