Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Tai Chi: Stillness through Motion DVD

Been looking into practicing Tai Chi for about a month now. I know one good Tai Chi instructor near me who is good however, i also like practicing on my own.

-So i went through amazon and found the best reviewed Tai Chi DVD out there, Chao Pang's DVD rose to the top.

-I've been watching it for about a 2 days and am really enjoying. He explains the motions very thoroughly and also gives you standing practices that help you automatically corrrect your alignment based on feel.

-In the DVD he goes through the yang 24 form and teaches it very well. He also teaches "Tai Chi Walking" and how to shift weight properly when practicing.

-If your a beginner and you want to learn the basics this is a good Dvd. If you are intermediate and want to refine your technique a bit i think you would find some juice in this DVD.

-Also i was wondering if anyone here has practiced with Chao Pang and what there opinion of him is?

I am in no way offiliated with Chao Pang or the company that co-created this DVD. Just giving light to an outstanding product.

http://www.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Stillness-Through-Motion/dp/B000XO42PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295275693&sr=8-1

Been looking into practicing Tai Chi for about a month now. I know one good Tai Chi instructor near me who is good however, i also like practicing on my own.

-So i went through amazon and found the best reviewed Tai Chi DVD out there, Chao Pang's DVD rose to the top.

-I've been watching it for about a 2 days and am really enjoying. He explains the motions very thoroughly and also gives you standing practices that help you automatically corrrect your alignment based on feel.

-In the DVD he goes through the yang 24 form and teaches it very well. He also teaches "Tai Chi Walking" and how to shift weight properly when practicing.

-If your a beginner and you want to learn the basics this is a good Dvd. If you are intermediate and want to refine your technique a bit i think you would find some juice in this DVD.

-Also i was wondering if anyone here has practiced with Chao Pang and what there opinion of him is?

I am in no way offiliated with Chao Pang or the company that co-created this DVD. Just giving light to an outstanding product.

http://www.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Stillness-Through-Motion/dp/B000XO42PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295275693&sr=8-1

thanks for the review! i'm always looking out for new material, even if it only teaches me one or two new tweaks that i might not have considered, so i'll certainly check out the video.

you might want to correct your spelling in the title of the thread. when i read "Tao Chi" i almost passed over the thread as some new agey repackaging of basic practice. i only opened it because i thought you might have misspelled it. i'm glad i was right, cause now i'm gonna get another video! ;)

thanks for the review! i'm always looking out for new material, even if it only teaches me one or two new tweaks that i might not have considered, so i'll certainly check out the video.

you might want to correct your spelling in the title of the thread. when i read "Tao Chi" i almost passed over the thread as some new agey repackaging of basic practice. i only opened it because i thought you might have misspelled it. i'm glad i was right, cause now i'm gonna get another video! ;)

And Ilooked at the thread because I saw your name on the last post, I'll get that DVD too just because you are. I didn't read the first post =)

Its funny because i saw this post and didn't recognize it, i thought: "someone made a post very similar to mine? i've never heard of Tao Chi?"

-Thanks for the correction. Hope u enjoy the DVD.

You familiar with Sifu Wei Lun Huang by any chance?

And Ilooked at the thread because I saw your name on the last post, I'll get that DVD too just because you are. I didn't read the first post =)

aww... you flatter me. :lol:

i try to purchase every worthwhile video out there. anything i might be able to learn from. anything that might help me become a better teacher. so now i have a pretty cool library of stuff. i never want to stop learning, and i can always improve as a teacher, so i always find it to be a worthwhile investment so long as i can take away at least one little gem from it.

... :ninja:

the video finally arrived today. so far, i've only watched the complete form. later i'll comb through the teaching section for any little tricks or insights that might help me as a teacher, but his flow and connectedness are a bit off in the first half of the form. the visual setting of the video is quite pleasant, but i would go with John Loupos and his tai chi connections video before looking to this one. so far, it remains the best beginner's video that i've come across. ESPECIALLY for the price! here's an ad video for it. it's been posted here before, but what the hay. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtlEFRKOng&feature=related

...okay, i've been watching some of the instructional portion now, and that part is pretty helpful. this is one of those videos that can only take you so far, though, whereas the video (and book) of john loupos will provide you with material you'll probably want to reference even a few years from now.

of course, i could be biased. :rolleyes:

yeah, i wouldn't kick the dvd out of bed, i guess. but there is better out there.

Edited by Hundun

... :ninja:

the video finally arrived today. so far, i've only watched the complete form. later i'll comb through the teaching section for any little tricks or insights that might help me as a teacher, but his flow and connectedness are a bit off in the first half of the form. the visual setting of the video is quite pleasant, but i would go with John Loupos and his tai chi connections video before looking to this one. so far, it remains the best beginner's video that i've come across. ESPECIALLY for the price! here's an ad video for it. it's been posted here before, but what the hay. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtlEFRKOng&feature=related

...okay, i've been watching some of the instructional portion now, and that part is pretty helpful. this is one of those videos that can only take you so far, though, whereas the video (and book) of john loupos will provide you with material you'll probably want to reference even a few years from now.

of course, i could be biased. :rolleyes:

yeah, i wouldn't kick the dvd out of bed, i guess. but there is better out there.

Thanks for the review Hundun

Sign in to follow this