Zone Trooper

Chikung in the Basement

Hello! I've been doing some Zhan Zhuang for almost a year now in the tradition of Master Lam Kamchuen. It really works well. Ideally his books say to practice outside. We are currently experiencing single-digit temperatures, so I'm practicing in the living room of our house. Would a person get a better effect doing it in the basement in order to be closer to the earth versus on the ground floor and approximately 7 feet from the earth's surface? I'm not Buddhist or Taoist, but definitely a "Pragmatist", so any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

It would be better to do it outside on the grass, near plants for maximum natural qi. While its cold though i would go for a basement or cave.

I like to have some fire around while practicing to supplement the yang qi when its cold.

If i ever need more earth i surround myself with crystals. I have tons of quartz.

:)

Edited by phore
  • Like 1

It would be better to do it outside on the grass, near plants for maximum natural qi. While its cold though i would go for a basement or cave.

I like to have some fire around while practicing to supplement the yang qi when its cold.

If i ever need more earth i surround myself with crystals. I have tons of quartz.

:)

What effect on the qi does surrounding yourself with quartz have?

Any other tips on artificially creating a better qigong practice environment [energetically speaking] indoors?

Thanx

Edited by bamboo

i agree about the plants for sure. it is a nice arrangement in they like your CO2 and give us O2.

i particulary like trees. evergreens.

i agree about the plants for sure. it is a nice arrangement in they like your CO2 and give us O2.

i particulary like trees. evergreens.

definitely a good idea to have plants in the house! especially in winter when you cant just keep your windows open.

http://www.casasugar.com/Top-10-Air-Purifying-House-Plants-7515633

http://www.mnn.com/health/healthy-spaces/stories/top-10-air-purifying-houseplants

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/recycling-design-technology/plants-filter-air-460909

for most of us who arent so advanced as to be able to tell the difference between the basement and the living room, its more important that you are just doing the exercises at all :D

fire rocks B)

• Like 1

for most of us who arent so advanced as to be able to tell the difference between the basement and the living room, its more important that you are just doing the exercises at all :D

fire rocks B)

How true!

I can't remember which text taught the importance of trees and Zhan Zhuang. I'll have to re-reference that.

I had results standing on the kitchen floor which were armstrong solarian floor tiles in the winter months.

If anything this exercise taught me patience.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Edited by sifusufi