Simple_Jack

Tianjin Eco-City of China

My link

My link

This looks like a really cool idea. Supposedly it's planned to be finished in 2020. It's funny I saw this, because growing up I would sometimes day dream the city of the future would look like

this (except with flying cars dammit! LOL:)

tianjin-eco-city-3.jpg

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

My link

My link

This looks like a really cool idea. Supposedly it's planned to be finished in 2020. It's funny I saw this, because growing up I would sometimes day dream the city of the future would look like

tianjin-eco-city-3.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think it's great!

I wish we in the USA had the vision to do this.

The only part of this missing is a Resource based economy.

http://anewworldsociety.ning.com/notes/What_is_the_Resource_Based_Economy_Foundation

• Like 1

The city of the future will actually look more like thatched huts and log cabins in small groups.

Edited by Starjumper7

What do you guys think?

I read about it through my yahoo, and I like the idea! I don't like the government of China at all, but... whatever. The idea of the city is great.

My link

My link

tianjin-eco-city-3.jpg

What do you guys think?

If that ever happens like in the picture I'll be a monkeys uncle!

The buildings would get built for sure, but not quite like that, you'd need double the amount otherwise it would be a real waste and someone would miss the chance of making some money on all that land instead of wasting it on trees and grass 'n stuff.

And even if it did happen (which is unlikely due to someone skimming off the top) some enterprising young man would cut the trees down in order to sell the wood (after having bunged the man in charge a few quid to look the other way); and all that grass! Some little old ladies would come along and dig those patches of grass up right quick and put them elsewhere.

That city would have more chances of looking like that in Beruit rather than China! :D

If that ever happens like in the picture I'll be a monkeys uncle!

The buildings would get built for sure, but not quite like that, you'd need double the amount otherwise it would be a real waste and someone would miss the chance of making some money on all that land instead of wasting it on trees and grass 'n stuff.

And even if it did happen (which is unlikely due to someone skimming off the top) some enterprising young man would cut the trees down in order to sell the wood (after having bunged the man in charge a few quid to look the other way); and all that grass! Some little old ladies would come along and dig those patches of grass up right quick and put them elsewhere.

That city would have more chances of looking like that in Beruit rather than China! :D

Hmm, not sure about all that. China's pretty good about sticking parks every where they can. . . .

• Like 1

tianjin-eco-city-3.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think this is an accurate depiction of the wealthy city district of the present.

tianjin-eco-city-3.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think it looks great!

Of course, whenever you go way over the top on tech and extra add-ons, that does significantly increase the price of stuff - if things dont survive a cost benefit analysis, good luck getting the loan approved, much less places built and sold!

Giving a choice of eco cities, I'd pick a simpler one. More Hobbitlike houses, taking advantage of the Earths insulation, having a garden on top, some sun windows, a few solar panels. I like neighbors, but high rise living isn't for me. I've found they often don't create a sense of community, not like a block does.

I'm no luddite, but I prefer wood to steel.

Michael