Owledge

Ever compared results of mediums?

I wonder... does anybody here have experience with visiting several (capable/more or less reputable) mediums? How many similarities were there and how many contradictions? E.g. in areas like chakra condition, more long-term aura characteristics, or spirit beings being close, or past life experiences?

As a side question, isn't it a 50/50 chance for a reincarnation to be male or female? The moest extreme thing I noticed is a wikipedia page I read about reincarnation therapy I think, where there were examples listed of what a reputable medium saw, and it was always the same gender as the current one of the person examined. I found that a bit odd.

I wonder... does anybody here have experience with visiting several (capable/more or less reputable) mediums? How many similarities were there and how many contradictions? E.g. in areas like chakra condition, more long-term aura characteristics, or spirit beings being close, or past life experiences?

As a side question, isn't it a 50/50 chance for a reincarnation to be male or female? The moest extreme thing I noticed is a wikipedia page I read about reincarnation therapy I think, where there were examples listed of what a reputable medium saw, and it was always the same gender as the current one of the person examined. I found that a bit odd.

How can one compare what one has access to, when what one might be accessing is infinite in nature?

Hi Hardyg,

I think that's really good question. Of course different people or mediums will tell you things based on not only what they can see and sense of you, but also subject to their personal knowledge, conditions and experiences. Thus, you will be likely to hear a bunch of things which can come out quite differently. Some of those things may come across as very accurate while other may not.

Only you can be the judge of what to keep as your own and what do discard as 'not yours'.

But how to do that? Try to pay attention to your gut feeling while pondering / asking yourself the questions that you find relevant. Connecting with your higher self can be a good way of accessing your own resources for this. Connecting the mind and heart is important for this: The inner smile is one commonly used form / exercise to help arrive at this.

About your side note question on reincarnation I have been pondering about that myself a great deal - I am far from knowing the answer, although something inside me suggests a preference for what you came across, i.e. that there may be a correlation although not necessarily a firm rule. I'll be paying close attention to the discussion of that point. :)

I read an article once were the journalist tried a bunch of different ones. THey were all across the board in their claims and contradicted each other completely :lol:

A good thing could be to read up on cold reading techniques to see how easy it is to make someone believe you are psychic.

I have trouble understanding the thought behind treating past life trauma. Considering how many lives we can presume we have had the amount of trauma would be endless. THere is no reason to expect most of it to have been processed well in previous lives as most people die with a ton of neurosis left. So it does not seem plausible to me that your issues in this life largely stem from one, two or three incidents or lifetimes in the past and that healing those wounds will heal you now. You still have thousands or millions of lives with horrible trauma to digest.

With regards to gender Shaktimama remembered all of her lives as being asian (indian looking ethnicity mostly) men. SHe did not remember anything about it though just saw their faces.

Edited by markern

Well to begin with, you'd have to keep some cards close to the chest. As in, you can't divulge everything everything right off the bat, because you want to prevent someone who's just clever and knows some cold reading. So you'd have to guard against that.

The funny thing is, some psychics ENCOURAGE you to tell them as much as possible so they can get a feel for the entire situation.

This cuts both ways- on one hand, you don't go to someone for help but then don't tell them the situation. On the other hand, you'd think a psychic would be able to know this kinda stuff without having to be told.....

So you'd have to find someone who is willing to go on a little information. Of course, you could always tell deliberately false information to each one, and see who still reads something that is closer to the real situation...

And to keep it fair to the psychics, you'd have to have something that's pretty specific and well defined before going in. That way, if they describe something, you could give them credit.

But that cuts both ways too, because you don't want to introduce something like a confirmation bias. You don't want them to say, "it's tall..... and thin. Far taller than it is wide." Because that could apply to a skyscraper, a pencil, a toothpick, a toothbrush, a finger, etc etc. So you don't want to misapply readings to something you have in your head. Maybe if you get a third party to go in, who doesn't know the object, to get a reading about trying to find out what object something is, and see what they tell them.

I have only gone to one psychic. She was looking at a crystal ball and telling me my future. I guess my future looked funny to her She started to laugh uncontrolably. I got mad and slugged her. This was very uncharcteristic of me, In fact it was the first time I had struck a happy medium.

:lol: