Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Australia: Queensland Flood Crisis

Queensland has been hit by flash floods and as a result several families and their children have perished (10 people confirmed dead and 78 missing with thousands of properties affected by the natural disaster). Your help will be greatly appreaciated. You could either send a prayer or donate if you wish.

Ā 

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2011/s3110186.htm

Ā 

Ā 

The donation details are as follows:

Ā 

1. Donate over the phone:

Ā 

To make a donation using your credit card, call 1800 219 028 or visit www.qld.gov.au/floods.

Ā 

Ā 

2. Donate at a bank:

Ā 

Donations can be made at any Queensland branch of The Bank of Queensland, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, ANZ, NAB or Suncorp.

Ā 

Advise the bank that you want to make a donation to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal.

Ā 

Ā 

3. Donate online:

Ā 

You will need to have internet banking set up with your financial institution.

Ā 

The account details for donations are:

Ā 

* Account Name: Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal

Ā 

* BSB: 064 013

Ā 

* Account number: 1000 6800

Ā 

Once your transaction is complete, you should record the receipt number for your transaction. If you do not receive a receipt number, contact your financial institution.

Ā 

If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please forward a request, with proof of donation to:

Ā 

Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal

Ā 

C/O Department of the Premier and Cabinet

Ā 

PO Box 15185

Ā 

City East QLD 4002

Ā 

Ā 

4. Send a cheque in the mail:

Ā 

You are welcome to post a cheque donation ā€“ please do not send cash.

Ā 

Cheques should be made payable to:

Ā 

The Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal

Ā 

ABN: 69 689 161 916

Ā 

Cheques should be posted to:

Ā 

Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal

Ā 

C/O Department of the Premier and Cabinet

Ā 

PO Box 15185

Ā 

City East QLD 4002

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My prayer (Nilakantha Dharani or Great Compassion Mantra) for everyone affected by the crisis including those who have lost some of their relatives:

Ā 

Namo ratna-trayāya namo āryāvalokiteśvarāya

Ā 

Adoration to the Three Gems, adoration to the noble Avalokiteśvarā

Ā 

bodhisattvāya mahāsatvāya mahākārunikāya

Ā 

The enlightened sentient being, the great being, the merciful (one)!

Ā 

Om sarva rabhaya sudhanadasye

Ā 

Oneness with all saints (and their) righteous doctrine (righteous-joyous language)

Ā 

Namas kį¹›tva imaį¹ƒ āryāvalokiteśvaraį¹ƒ dhava namo narakindhi haraye

Ā 

After the adoration to that noble(arya) Avalokiteśvarā of the Mercy (Fragrant) Land, I Offer my respectful obeisances to the virtuous supreme lord.

Ā 

Mahā-vadhasame

Ā 

(Who emits) great brilliance light

Ā 

Sarva āthaduh śubhaį¹ƒ ajeyaį¹ƒ sarva-satva

Ā 

All sentient beings (sarva-satva) are without attachment (āthaduh) and in undefeatable(ajeyam) purity (śubhum) in all things.

Ā 

Nama vasatva namo vaga mavadudhu

Ā 

Adoration to the joyful being , adoration to the joyful virgin who served by all heavenly beings

Ā 

Ā 

Tadyathā: oį¹ƒ avaloke lokāte

Ā 

Like this: Oneness with/adoration to the seer (avalokite) of the world (loka)- (Avalokiteśvarā)

Ā 

Ā 

Karāte e-hre mahābodhisatva sarva sarva mālā mālā

Ā 

whose(ye) compassionate heart(hrdayam). The great sentient enlightened being; all, all, are garland (immaculate), garland (immaculate),

Ā 

Ā 

Mahe māhredayam kuru kuru karmum

Ā 

Great liberated heart, accomplish, accomplish the task (karma),

Ā 

Dhuru dhuru vijayate maha-vijayate dhara dhara dhirini śvarāya

Ā 

Liberate, liberate; the victorious one, the great victorious one (who) hold on, hold on the brave freedom

Ā 

Ā 

Cala cala mama vamara muktele

Ā 

lead, lead to my immaculate liberation

Ā 

Ā 

Ehe ehe cinda cinda arasam pracali vaśa-vaśam prasaya

Ā 

(Please) come, come; (fulfil) the pledge, the pledge; the admantine king of awakening (who) rules, rules the peace (prasada).

Ā 

Huru huru mārā huru huru hrīh

Ā 

Purify, purify personification of delusions, purify, purify the heart(hrdayam)

Ā 

Sārā sārā siri siri suru suru bodhiyā bodhiyā bodhaya bodhaya

Ā 

Firm, firm ; brave, brave ; wonder form(being), wonder form(being). Enlightenment, enlightenment, the enlightened one, the enlightened one.

Ā 

Maitrīya nārakindi dharsininā pāyamānā svāhā siddhāya svāhā

Ā 

The benevolent, virtuous one, success in power and fame, success in benevolence,

Ā 

Ā 

Mahā-siddhāya svāhā siddha-yoge śvarāya svāhā nārakindi svāhā

Ā 

Success in great benevolence, success in achieving freedom (īśvara) through union (with dharma), success in virtures

Ā 

Māranāra svāhā śīrasam āmukhaya svāhā sarva mahā-asiddhāya svāhā

Ā 

Success in immaculate joy, incomparable success in ultima convincing speech, incomparable success in all profound meaning

Ā 

Cakra asiddhāya svāhā padmaka stāya svāhā

Ā 

Incomparable success in (turning) the wheel, success in the red lotus (immaculate) deed,

Ā 

Ā 

Nārakidi vagarāya svāhā mavari sankharaya svāhā

Ā 

Success in (becoming a) virtuous Bhagavan (blessed one), success in own prestige nature

Ā 

Ā 

Nama ratna-trayāya, nama ārya-valokite-śvarāya svāhā

Ā 

Refuge in the Triple Gem, take refuge in the success of noble Avalokite

Ā 

Ā 

Om siddhyantu mantra padāya svāhā

Ā 

Oneness (om) with the success (svaha) of achieving (sidhyantu) these invocation (mantra) verses (pada)!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

Ā 

I vow that after I realise Buddhahood, any living beings throughout the ten directions who recite my name will certainly realise Buddhahood. If they will not be able to realise Buddhahood, then I will not realize Buddhahood.

Ā 

:)

Edited by Gerard

Terrible, terrible events happening in Australia.

My heart goes out to anyone affected by the floods.

I've been watching the news about it, it looks exactly like the asian tsunami a few years back.

Devastating.

Ā 

May all beings be free from suffering.

Thanks adept for bothering to reply.

Ā 

There is a huge clean up ahead but people are doing a great job. I spent Thursday at a sandbag station doing volunteering work and am very sore, with blisters all over my palms but hey what a great feeling helping humans in need.

Ā 

Praying for a quick recovery and lessen human suffering.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Namo Amitabha Buddha. :)

Edited by Gerard

my heart goes out to all my ozzy brothers and sisters hit by floods. there has been a rash of floods come lately it seems. brazil also hit hard now. may of 2010 my house was hit with a flood. they said this was a once in 200 year type of flood and then in july we were hit again same magnitude. there is the stunned feeling that wears off then the reality of the cleanup and rebuilding.

Isn't Queensland where Mal is from? If so, I hope he is okay...

Ā 

Ā 

Yes but he is affected by food shortage as the roads to the north have been cut off due to floods in central Queensland. There is another forum member, Stigweard, who used to be a mod and who lives in Toowoomba, near Brisbane, which was also hit hard by the floods. I hope he and his family are OK.

Ā 

Anyway, metal tiger and the upcoming metal rabbit are highly inauspicious years, very poor Feng Shui which cause a lot of suffering.

Ā 

Blessings.

Yes but he is affected by food shortage as the roads to the north have been cut off due to floods in central Queensland. There is another forum member, Stigweard, who used to be a mod and who lives in Toowoomba, near Brisbane, which was also hit hard by the floods. I hope he and his family are OK.

Ā 

Townsville is fine, we are use to cut roads and food shortages around this time of year, although I've never seen supermarkets 1/2 empty before. Main roads reopening, so no real issues for us (unless there is a cyclone)

Ā 

But south east and central Queensland are pretty bad. Toowoomba got hit with flash floods http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/10/3109884.htm

toowoomba-flash-flood-2011-4441.jpg

Ā 

and Brisbane is not good at all http://soulsolutions.com.au/QLDFlood2011/

that link has the 1974 flood maps too

Ā 

More pics http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/photos/galleries/readers-brisbane-flood-pictures/#id=readers-brisbane-flood-pictures&num=12

and this is Suncorp Stadium

314799-suncorp-stadium-under-water.jpg

:(

Ā 

Brown water everywhere, what a mess. A lot of my mates have been affected and people are starting to question how this could happen to a modern city like Brisbane.Heads are going to roll. Suncorp stadium looked like a brown Olympic pool - bugger. The footage of K-Rudd carting suitcases in his chinos nearly made me vomit, such a media tart. The silver lining for me is a building boom , fit-outs and furniture orders. $$$ .

Sign in to follow this