Aaron

Prehistoric Civilizations

Hello folks,

One area that I have little knowledge of, but wish to learn more about, are the theories regarding early civilizations that existed before historical documentation. One thing that has always puzzled me is how it took mankind 150,000 years to figure out how to make nets, harpoons, etc. I've always wondered if perhaps we had developed an advanced civilization before that time, only to have some great disaster destroy it, perhaps the eruption of the Toba Volcano? (Especially since only after its eruption do we find archaeological evidence of tools and hunting implements.) It would seem, though, that if we can find evidence of dinosaurs from millions of years ago, that we would also find evidence of advanced cultures that existed prior to historical records, unless those cultures were more Taoist in nature. Perhaps this is what Lao Tzu was pointing to when he talks about the past? Anyways, just something I find interesting.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Hello folks,

One area that I have little knowledge of, but wish to learn more about, is the theories regarding early civilizations that existed before historical documentation. One thing that has always puzzled me is how it took mankind 150,000 years to figure out how to make nets, harpoons, etc. I've always wondered if perhaps we had developed an advanced civilization before that time, only to have some great disaster destroy it, perhaps the eruption of the Toba Volcano? (Especially since only after its eruption do we find archaeological evidence of tools and hunting implements.) It would seem, though, that if we can find evidence of dinosaurs from millions of years ago, that we would also find evidence of advanced cultures that existed prior to historical records, unless those cultures were more Taoist in nature. Perhaps this is what Lao Tzu was pointing to when he talks about the past? Anyways, just something I find interesting.

Aaron

Hi Aaron!

Hey, is there really any doubt that there were many earlier cultures that had

attained a sophisticated level of technological advancement , only to be lost thru

some great calamity or destructive process?

There is always the talk of where is the technology if it was created where is it?

What we consider technology of today does not necessitate what would have been

high technology of an earlier civilization. The harnessing of the natural forces for

example. the use of crystals for energy resonance and vibrational frequencies.

there was a tv show on the history channel about what would happen to the cities and

the world and how it would deal with the technology of mankind if mankind was to

be eradicated from the face of the earth. I forget what the series was called, something

like "after man" or something. And it was surprising how little actual time it would take

for our civilized cities to crumble, there was something like a few thousand years to reduce

our civilization to rubble.

Given the time span you referenced, on the order of 150,000 years...

the better question would be what would actually be left?

I feel pretty strongly that the civilization of man is cyclic just like everything else.

We are just the most recent springing up of civilization... and our technology

may or may not be something that was before.

If civilization has existed many times before, say in 150,000 year cycles, maybe we

are approaching the outer limit and a decline into backwardness is imminent?

Until such time as we are able to effectively leave this planet in massive numbers,

there will never be a way to prove what went before.

Peace!

Interesting topic Twinner!!

And this definitely looks like an interesting book. I agree with SD that civilizations have long existed before what is recorded. I also believe what people may put off to aliens in our past history could simply be early human civilization. Or it could be aliens :ninja: because who is to say we are the only ones? After a trip to Kennedy Space Center it would be hard to believe we were!

Peace and Love <3

Hello folks,

I watched the youtube episodes and I was amazed at the various discoveries made underwater. It makes sense that if they were to find ancient civilizations the best place to look would be underwater given the fact that with the decline of the last ice age the water level rose. It would seem to me that the various structures would be hard pressed to be classified as natural formations. I'm surprised that modern archaeologists are having such a hard time admitting that these ruins could be from previous civilizations or at most cities that predate recorded history. I think they will continue to doubt unless they find actual proof of human habitation. With that said, I don't think they were alien in origin. My own theory is that the knowledge passed down was not from ancient aliens, but from the remnants of humanity that died out.

I've heard of the glass fields before and the other programs seemed to link them to meteors, but the idea that they could have been nuclear explosions seems plausible. The added evidence of ancient remains apparently being exposed to radiation seems to add weight to that argument. Again the question remains, why would a species that has been on the earth for at least 200,000 years, one that was able to reach the technological level that we are today in less than 5,000 years of recorded history, only be able to achieve that level of knowledge once in that span of time?

The other question and the one that brought my musings to mind in the first place was the ancient Egyptian civilization. It seems to have been fully formed and functional from the earliest records we have. There was little deviation in the religion, language, or culture for over 3,000 years. How could a civilization just appear out of nowhere that technologically evolved? I think the answer is that it didn't, rather there has been no record of it existing prior to that time.

The case of India is even more interesting in that they believe that the Indian civilization has existed for over 100,000 years. Again I think the problem archaeologically speaking is that ruins from that long ago can easily be dismissed as natural phenomena, so we're missing the links to the past. Anyways, this is musing, not necessarily belief, but still I am interested in learning more.

If one goes further and looks at it from a philosophical level the simple fact that multiple cultures held the same belief in duality and also a permeating energy that exists within the universe, that evolved from a vacuum or emptiness (something that I think science is pointing to now) adds weight to the theory that perhaps at one time there was a universal religion that eventually devolved into various other belief systems.

Anyways, rather than go on, I'll wait to see what others have to say.

Aaron

Good thread!

Be interesting to know how the forbidden prehistoric history ties in with chi arts, and how it primarily only remains strong in Asia.

TF

This thread brings to mind the ledgend of Atlantis.

*edit: its also interesting how almost every major culture of the world has some version of a world wide flood story such as Noah and the Ark or some variation of it.

Edited by dmattwads

This thread brings to mind the ledgend of Atlantis.

*edit: its also interesting how almost every major culture of the world has some version of a world wide flood story such as Noah and the Ark or some variation of it.

i was thinking about Atlantis while reading the thread mentioning Parmenides/Empedocles

also the Sumerian civilization is very curious.

who knows what may be buried under the Saharran desert?

When you look at the possibility of ancient civilizations or even ancient alien intelligence, it reminds me once more of how much we have lost. Modern man has achieved incredible things, yes - but all so machine oriented. We have lost our animal/human essence in the process. We have lost our connection to Tao, to the elements, to the energy which is free for everyone. Some of us humans are trying to re-attain the connection, through our spiritual or shamanic practices.

But it's almost like the 'progress' and the 'loss' have happened in inverse proportions and within the same time frame. Like two sides of the same coin. We've created really cool machines that can interact with each other instantaneously. And we have virtually created man. But by and large, the human population is predominately tattered, whether we're referring to physical poverty or poverty of character (maybe more a problem with the West).

I wonder if the money thing (or the gold coin thing, or the bead thing) was the demise of previous populations. Maybe nothing assures downfall faster than the self-interest of the powerful imploding in on itself, leaving the 'meek' to inherit what's left. Maybe this is a pattern that continues on ad infinitum until the human experiment fully plays out, or at least until we learn otherwise.

Hello Manitou,

I understand what you're saying. I don't honestly believe in alien intelligence, at least not any that have visited earth. I think if there is an advanced intelligence here on Earth, it's the remnants of a previously advanced human culture, although I don't hold any faith to this notion either. For me, it's not so much about UFOs or ancient relics, as pure common sense. Why would we be on this Earth for so long and only be able to achieve the scientific nohow that we have once?

For me, it seems preposterous to assume that it takes a race 200,000 years to create harpoons, pottery, etc. then another 47,000 years to develop advanced mathematics, then 6,000 years to develop the atom bomb. I think that the problem, as I stated previously, is that if there was an advanced civilization, it existed well over 15,000 years ago (maybe upwards of 100,000 years). Finding any archaeological evidence from that long ago is slim and even if we did, identifying it as such would be problematic. I think the easiest way to figure this out is to research the civilizations that have arisen and see what they have to say about this idea.

The notion of Gods is interesting, in that they almost always have a human appearance. Of course this might be hubris and stem from the idea that we believe that any super-powerful deity would obviously be created in our image, but it might also be a clue to a previous civilization that helped mankind in certain ways. Mathematics, science, medicine, etc. in many cultures were considered to be gifts from the gods, in fact many of these cultures seemed to believe that the god's taught these skills to men. Maybe they weren't god's at all, but rather men from an advanced culture?

If one finds this hard to believe, they need only look at the Aztecs. When they first encountered the Spanish, they believed they were gods. I know it's far fetched, but I think within the next 20 years our notions of human history will change dramatically, especially with the recent discovery of cities and such that seem to predate our original estimates for the foundation of historical civilizations and cities.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

If one finds this hard to believe, they need only look at the Aztecs. When they first encountered the Spanish, they believed they were gods. I know it's far fetched, but I think within the next 20 years our notions of human history will change dramatically, especially with the recent discovery of cities and such that seem to predate our original estimates for the foundation of historical civilizations and cities.

That, I think, is almost a given.

• Like 2

What if the alien intelligence we have evidence of .. is ourselves?

What if there was a prior civilization 500, 000 years ago that surpassed

our own current civilization, and then left the planet.... because they

were able to with the advanced technology they had?

We (other less advanced, or too warlike cultures) were then left behind

to successively rise and fall over the coming millennia.

The reports of aliens could be the prior cultures of the planet earth that

made it out of the loop of destruction that is cyclic.

There may be little evidence of advanced civilizations because they already

left Earth behind them. The reports of aliens today could be the civilization

that periodically checks on us or is monitoring our progress.

I find it very hard to believe that we are the only advanced(barely) civilization

to have made it this far in the immense time frames we are talking about.

From my own years of research and experience, there is no doubt for me there is huge influence of visiting space people in our history. Us humans have created some incredible things also. Kate is absolutely right however, we have to be careful on how they present the ET stuff to us- the public. Have to constantly remain cautious of what is put out, there are official documents FOI which deal in misinformation projects.

My own point of view that has taken much time to shape, is that these space people watch and visit us are predominatly spiritually adavanced beings- consequentially and naturally they would like to see maturity and peace on our planet. No matter how incredible these beings are and the renaisance they could help bring about here, we still have to remember we are responsible for everything that is going on here, and we got to do everything all on our own accord.

Half jokingly- the timeline can always split, if we can stay clear of being 100% machine augemented we can avoid ending up like some of these grey looking, time traveller ails who lack emotions, life and reproduction.

TF

Hello folks,

I'm not altogether convinced that aliens have visited earth, in the past or the present. I used to be more prone to admit that it's possible, but that faded 2 years after X-Files went off the air and it was no longer quite so mysterious and adventurous for me. Now if you ask me do I think that it's likely that there is other intelligent life in this universe? I will say yes, but again, I don't think they've come to this planet.

As far as spiritual beings and such, most early religions believed in spirits. This seems quite astounding that there was a sort of almost universal agreement that there was a spiritual world. I don't think shamanistic cultures are completely to credit, I think, perhaps, that this is more evidence of a religion that predates anything we know and that the ideas of that religion carried on and perhaps one of those ideas was that there is a spiritual force within everything? Anyways, it's fascinating stuff, for me at least.

Aaron

"are predominatly spiritually adavanced beings-"

That's a big assumption, but you said you came to that idea yourself through contemplating it. How?

Couldn't "spiritually advanced" also be mistaken for "technologically advanced"? Even as it goes today, the lines are blurred, IMO. :)

You are right Kate, it is a huge assumption that the space people who have been here are predominantly spiritually advanced. And is not easy to prove for people with the information available. I mean there are so many people on earth who still believe they are the only life in the universe, let alone know for a fact some space people are already among us.

If you really desire, you can make a start with some thought about the nature of space travel, zero point- and its relationship with consciousness and meditation -and its relationship towards society. It may give you some food for thought.

Some people think all these very ancient ETs are having us for lunch, and yet the only hard evidence of people harming me us is our own kind in one form or another...I'd probably trust an ET over our government almost every time.

TF

...I'd probably trust an ET over our government almost every time.

TF

Yeah. I wouldn't.

Interesting posts. I'd also suggest cultivating one's own sense of what is and what is not "correct" when faced with a given situation. That is, if you still have a sense of self and the will that goes with it :)