come down in a feed town
strength to minimize

hold it
in the meantime

die
in the meantime

the meantime

Hello 9th,

I'm not sure what you intended to do here. I thought, since you are the 9th of Shemsu Hor that you might be interested in learning that the ancient Egyptian's actually had a fundamental understanding of Tao, if perhaps in an unorthodox way. Their understanding of Heka as the creation force of the universe was very similar to how Taoists view the Tao. In fact Heka was the force that existed before duality was created, so they also had a deep understanding of the nature of duality and the emptiness that created everything. Interesting stuff.

Also Heka could be closely related to the idea of Qi in Chinese philosophy. It is the underlying force that exists within the universe. The Egyptians believed that man could harness this force to help things to happen. I think it more closely translates as "the means by which to make things happen indirectly."

Honestly I haven't studied Egyptian mythology and "magic" in ages, so I'm a bit rusty in that regards. It is interesting stuff though. I'd be interested in learning what brought you to The Tao Bums and whether or not you see it in a similar way.

Aaron

Edit- One thing to keep in mind is that the Egyptian Empire/Civilization actually existed for well over 3,000 years. I'm not sure, but I think it could be counted as the longest continuous culture in historical records. It really didn't fall into decline until around the end of the 4th century when the Roman Emperor Theodosius (who was Christian) banned pagan rituals and closed the temples.

Edited by Twinner

I'm not sure what you intended to do here.

Perhaps you need more time to uncover my intent. It is certainly not guaranteed that you will be able to do this, however.

Okay, Tao Master. What are you saying?

The video shows different types of work. Even the child was doing a child's work. The musicians were doing their work, The ladies in the plant were doing their work.

But the concept of In The Meantime could maybe be analogized to the spaces between the particles? The fact that our Work or 'that which we intentionally do' is not the focal point of our lives at all....that the In The Meantime is where it's all happening, where all the chemical reaction occurs and the subtleties happen. In the Meantime is where we gel into what we are.

Does this even get close?

Does this even get close?

Like life itself, the song/video can be interpreted in a number of valid ways. I would advise you to be less concerned with investigating the isolated forms of a particular dimension, and more open to the multi-dimensional and seemingly paradoxical nature of existence itself. These things and situations are presented in this way so that people may discover what they resonate with, and therefore where they may be going without realizing it - the trajectory of their momentum, which is often an attempt at escaping their own essential nature. There are in fact many levels to discover, many, many levels. We are all students of this process, that never changes. I myself learn from the events which flow from my own hand, and which are truly "not mine" in essence. We may channel, and we may direct - but we do not "own".

Like life itself, the song/video can be interpreted in a number of valid ways. I would advise you to be less concerned with investigating the isolated forms of a particular dimension, and more open to the multi-dimensional and seemingly paradoxical nature of existence itself. These things and situations are presented in this way so that people may discover what they resonate with, and therefore where they may be going without realizing it - the trajectory of their momentum, which is often an attempt at escaping their own essential nature. There are in fact many levels to discover, many, many levels. We are all students of this process, that never changes. I myself learn from the events which flow from my own hand, and which are truly "not mine" in essence. We may channel, and we may direct - but we do not "own".

Hello 9th,

I really didn't get any of that from that song. I wish you luck on your journey. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I would suggest that you study a bit more, you've got the basic ideas of what your espousing down, but you've yet to learn to practice them. I think in time, perhaps when you gain a bit more wisdom, you will find that it will come naturally. Remember dimensions are an illusion, there is only one reality. From whence all things come, all things return. When you open you eyes and see nothing, then you will see everything.

Aaron

Hello 9th,

I really didn't get any of that from that song. I wish you luck on your journey.

Thanks. Keep at it, opening perception to infinity doesn't happen overnight.

Thanks. Keep at it, opening perception to infinity doesn't happen overnight.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Aaron

Wow.

That song is a headache.

He who knows.... knows not.

Why post something if you are not

willing to be patient and considerate in your

explanation of what you originally posted?

Please show some consideration.

• Like 1

Hello 9th,

I'm not sure what you intended to do here. I thought, since you are the 9th of Shemsu Hor that you might be interested in learning that the ancient Egyptian's actually had a fundamental understanding of Tao, if perhaps in an unorthodox way. Their understanding of Heka as the creation force of the universe was very similar to how Taoists view the Tao. In fact Heka was the force that existed before duality was created, so they also had a deep understanding of the nature of duality and the emptiness that created everything. Interesting stuff.

Also Heka could be closely related to the idea of Qi in Chinese philosophy. It is the underlying force that exists within the universe. The Egyptians believed that man could harness this force to help things to happen. I think it more closely translates as "the means by which to make things happen indirectly."

Honestly I haven't studied Egyptian mythology and "magic" in ages, so I'm a bit rusty in that regards. It is interesting stuff though. I'd be interested in learning what brought you to The Tao Bums and whether or not you see it in a similar way.

Aaron

Edit- One thing to keep in mind is that the Egyptian Empire/Civilization actually existed for well over 3,000 years. I'm not sure, but I think it could be counted as the longest continuous culture in historical records. It really didn't fall into decline until around the end of the 4th century when the Roman Emperor Theodosius (who was Christian) banned pagan rituals and closed the temples.

Correct on every point - but why are we talking about Egypt?

I'm confused.

But if you put away the crown, you'll be

Crownless again shall be the queen

Trophy on her grave still remains unseen

A boat on the river confessing the sins

The Riddler revealing the deep hidden things

Crownless again shall be the king

A gull covered in oil with a broken wing

A hitcher on a road alone and lost

Iron sharpens iron... - a truth that once was

Mine is the Earth and the sword in the stone

Mine is the throne for the idol

One fleeting moment and it is all gone

Crownless again

Will I fall?

Roaming on razor-sharp castles

Ruling all but myself

(Now my night is laid to sleep)

One fragrant rose worth ten times what I am

A crippled begging a coin braver than I ever was

Reflection from me-Devil dressed in white

Chasten the being

Become what I once was

Mine is the Earth and the sword in the stone

Mine is the throne for the idol

One fleeting moment and it is all gone

Crownless again

Will I fall?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Correct on every point - but why are we talking about Egypt?

I'm confused.

I like to check out the people I have discussions with and 9th says that he is the 9th of Shemsu Hor (Priest of Horus). So I was interested in whether he viewed the ideas surrounding Heka as being similar to Taoism. To be honest I never realized that you were a fan of Egyptology as well. (I know! I know! You have hieroglyphics in your tag, and Maa' Kheru in your group name, shoot me...) So perhaps you'd care to elaborate on your own ideas?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

I like to check out the people I have discussions with and 9th says that he is the 9th of Shemsu Hor (Priest of Horus). So I was interested in whether he viewed the ideas surrounding Heka as being similar to Taoism. To be honest I never realized that you were a fan of Egyptology as well. (I know! I know! You have hieroglyphics in your tag, and Maa' Kheru in your group name, shoot me...) So perhaps you'd care to elaborate on your own ideas?

Aaron

Hi,

Yes the sig is a bit of giveaway - Egypt is my main thing and I am trying (slowly) to write a book on it ... based around the Pyramid Texts and the BoD. I've written a couple of bits about Egypt on here if you look around.

Shemsu Hor is usually translated as Followers of Horus a term which appears in the Pyramid Texts.

Cheers

A.